onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ukip

For Us All

]

Totally agree with your sentiments.

That is exactly what angers me- the fact that a minority of middle class and upper class people dismiss peoples common sense as irrational and extermist veiws. I hope they get what is coming to them...

Like Farage then? He's a Tory all day long, he just knows they wouldn't touch him with a barge pole (presumably because they have the their hands full with Boris). If Cameron offered him a seat at the table he'd drop UKIP in seconds

Advert

http://www.ukip.org/index

If you look at what UKIP stands for it actually gives you a fair insight into what their manifesto will consist of

The "What we stand for" section is utter nonsense! They are promising an increase in services and tax reductions whilst not saying where the cuts to fund them are coming from- presumably privatising the NHS is the first call and I dread to think where it ends

They know they will never have to implemtn them so they don't need to go into detail. Come a genral election people will by and large head away from UKIP as they know a vote for them won't give them any power..it will just let one of the other lot in

UKIP can achieve all that they want pretty much as they are now.

So on a serious note, what would you like UKIP to do what are you looking for in their manifesto?

I don't like UKIP, but it is extremely dangerous to underestimate them. They are the ebola of politics and if, as with that sad tragedy, it is left too late to take measures to limit their spread, the job of containing them will become much harder.

JA seems sure they are a fad, but people have never been so disillusioned with policitians and are aching to make a protest vote and don't really care where it goes. Thanks to nick 'studentnfees' Clegg, the Lib Dems are now a party that many will never vote for again, even though he made the best political speech Ive heard in years this week.

Very sad that all the good points in that will be overlooked by Clegg's allegiance with the Tories who used you, misused you and abused you. He wont even win his own seat in the general election.

The Green party are possibly the most honest of all, and if they were starting from a base of 5 to 10 per cent, might well rock the boat but they don't have the support that is there in a proportion of voters in some more enlightened countries.

It's no use saying UKIP are extremists when they get 60 per cent of the vote, even if it is at a place like Clacton. The other parties need to expose their lack of policies, and ask who is behind the voter-friendly Nigel Farage - have a look at the people supporting him and ask their policies.

One thing is for sure - a lot of ordinary, decent people who haven't the time or inclination to look at issues closely are turning to UKIP, and if they are just called names and become the targets instead of the party itself, they will dig in and repeat their vote next May.

They know they will never have to implemtn them so they don't need to go into detail. Come a genral election people will by and large head away from UKIP as they know a vote for them won't give them any power..it will just let one of the other lot in

UKIP can achieve all that they want pretty much as they are now.

True, as the Tories are saying "get into bed with Nigel Farage and wake up with Ed Miliband"

I don't like UKIP, but it is extremely dangerous to underestimate them. They are the ebola of politics and if, as with that sad tragedy, it is left too late to take measures to limit their spread, the job of containing them will become much harder.

True but my take is that the major parties are doing something and will continue to do so

JA seems sure they are a fad, but people have never been so disillusioned with policitians and are aching to make a protest vote and don't really care where it goes.

I think Labour and the COnservatives will do what they need to do to convince people they have listened

Thanks to nick 'studentnfees' Clegg, the Lib Dems are now a party that many will never vote for again, even though he made the best political speech Ive heard in years this week.

It was good but he now seems an unprincipled man who will do what is required to cling on to (some) power

The Green party are possibly the most honest of all, and if they were starting from a base of 5 to 10 per cent, might well rock the boat but they don't have the support that is there in a proportion of voters in some more enlightened countries.

Spread too thin I'm afraid

It's no use saying UKIP are extremists

They aren't

when they get 60 per cent of the vote, even if it is at a place like Clacton. The other parties need to expose their lack of policies, and ask who is behind the voter-friendly Nigel Farage - have a look at the people supporting him and ask their policies.

Agreed and that is what they will do over the coming months as well as putting forward their own

One thing is for sure - a lot of ordinary, decent people who haven't the time or inclination to look at issues closely are turning to UKIP,

Spot on..they are voting on one of the most important issues to them..badly managed immigration

and if they are just called names and become the targets instead of the party itself, they will dig in and repeat their vote next May.

It certainly won't help to lable them racists and so on..some are..the vast majority are not

True but my take is that the major parties are doing something and will continue to do so

I think Labour and the COnservatives will do what they need to do to convince people they have listened

It was good but he now seems an unprincipled man who will do what is required to cling on to (some) power

Spread too thin I'm afraid

They aren't

Agreed and that is what they will do over the coming months as well as putting forward their own

Spot on..they are voting on one of the most important issues to them..badly managed immigration

It certainly won't help to lable them racists and so on..some are..the vast majority are not

One good point made on QT last night concerned our lack of immigration controls and the impact it has on our services"It's like staging a public event,say a wedding and inviting everyone,how do you organise the catering?"

One good point made on QT last night concerned our lack of immigration controls and the impact it has on our services"It's like staging a public event,say a wedding and inviting everyone,how do you organise the catering?"

Said that for years..infrastructure, schools, housing, NHS, employment etc just cannot keep pace with the rate of immigration...nothing to do with being anti-immigrant but anti the rate of immigration

True, as the Tories are saying "get into bed with Nigel Farage and wake up with Ed Miliband"

Rather wake up with Milliband even though they are failing to tackle immigration. The tories are not to be trusted. They said they would address immigration by 2015 they never did instead cutting peoples benefits and not doing away with the various quangos- liars through to the core.

Executives pay has gone skyhigh whilst poorer people have failed to even afford their monthly food bills. Sending people to another quango organisation ATOS to finally confirm that someone who is medically unfit can work what an evil organisation- implemented not to help people but to Kick people not ready to work into low skilled poorly paid jobs.

Locally many cuts have been implemented whilst executives continue to receive sky high wages. These executives fail to maintain even the most basic of services which are paid by our council taxes- potholes not being filled, bin collections not being fulfilled rubbish strewn on our streets, increases in parking charges in our many towns which in turn leads to lack of business and high street outlets closing.

Inadequate social housing for the many who have been hit by the tory bedroom tax simply because of the huge increase in immigration and the fact there is no alternative housing. Long waiting lists for cancer patients and people requiring surgery due to pressure put on staff by increased immigration. The list goes on...

The NHS is under attck by immigration. You cannot simply say that UKIP will fund the implementations of ta reductions with privatising the NHS- instead they will free up the NHS making the NHS a better efficient service which is not understaffed and short of financing. Taxes will be subsidised by the cutting of needless executive salarys and quangos destroying redtape jobs and utilising the many services we need on the front line. Saving 53 million a day from being in the EU i think will go some way to fund reductions on taxes!

Better policing, better society safer society and less pressure on our NHS... it will all come together

JA seems sure they are a fad, but people have never been so disillusioned with policitians and are aching to make a protest vote and don't really care where it goes. Thanks to nick 'studentnfees' Clegg, the Lib Dems are now a party that many will never vote for again, even though he made the best political speech Ive heard in years this week.

Very sad that all the good points in that will be overlooked by Clegg's allegiance with the Tories who used you, misused you and abused you. He wont even win his own seat in the general election.

It's no use saying UKIP are extremists when they get 60 per cent of the vote, even if it is at a place like Clacton. The other parties need to expose their lack of policies, and ask who is behind the voter-friendly Nigel Farage - have a look at the people supporting him and ask their policies.

One thing is for sure - a lot of ordinary, decent people who haven't the time or inclination to look at issues closely are turning to UKIP, and if they are just called names and become the targets instead of the party itself, they will dig in and repeat their vote next May.

Why must people take the lazy, arrogant view of UKIP voters. Either we are too stupid to understand the issues or we havent the time or inclination

to look at the issues closely. Do You think there are no stupid voters who vote for the liblabcon? Does that mean all liblabcon voters are stupid?

Its precisely that kind of attitude, which we get from politicians in the liblabcon, that we are protesting against.

I assure you that I for one am perfectly able to examine and understand the issues, just because I draw a different conclusion than you that doesnt autamatically put me in the wrong and you in the right.

perhaps its you who misunderstands the issues or doesnt take the time to examine them closely.

I assure you that immigration is far from the major reason I am voting UKIP but I do want to see tighter controls on the type of eprson we allow into this country. Definately not rapists, murderers or benefit tourists for a start. I see no problem with us dumping the expensive bloated NHS and truning to private care like most other countries do perfectly happily. I think the services would improve massively. I also dont believe that UKIP will ever form a government, nor do I want them to. I mainly want a referendum on our membership of the EU and I believe that by sending UKIP Mps to the EU and by getting as many eurosceptics as possible into our government I am more likely to get my vote and the result I want.

They are a means to an end. I cant think of a worse result for the future of our country than a return to the two horse race that has failed us for so long. If everyone abandons UKIP at the general election then the liblabcon will simply relax back into their old ways dictating to us and re-educating us, refusing to listen to our concerns because they are too busy looking after themselves. The EU is comepletely, totally and utterly undemocratic. I believe in democracy and I am hoping we can all do our bit to save it.

We need UKIP.

Really? I am shocked! When I said you were a leftie you said nothing could be further from the truth. The furthest from the left wing is the right wing so I must assume UKIP is too centre right for you, you must be extreme right :shutup:

And there was I thinking you were trying to keep this thread on the higher scales of intellectual debate! ;)

Well now I've got 3 choices left unless Carl starts his own party and persuades me with his manifesto...

Why must people take the lazy, arrogant view of UKIP voters. Either we are too stupid to understand the issues or we havent the time or inclination

to look at the issues closely. Do You think there are no stupid voters who vote for the liblabcon? Does that mean all liblabcon voters are stupid?

Its precisely that kind of attitude, which we get from politicians in the liblabcon, that we are protesting against.

I assure you that I for one am perfectly able to examine and understand the issues, just because I draw a different conclusion than you that doesnt autamatically put me in the wrong and you in the right.

perhaps its you who misunderstands the issues or doesnt take the time to examine them closely.

I assure you that immigration is far from the major reason I am voting UKIP but I do want to see tighter controls on the type of eprson we allow into this country. Definately not rapists, murderers or benefit tourists for a start. I see no problem with us dumping the expensive bloated NHS and truning to private care like most other countries do perfectly happily. I think the services would improve massively. I also dont believe that UKIP will ever form a government, nor do I want them to. I mainly want a referendum on our membership of the EU and I believe that by sending UKIP Mps to the EU and by getting as many eurosceptics as possible into our government I am more likely to get my vote and the result I want.

They are a means to an end. I cant think of a worse result for the future of our country than a return to the two horse race that has failed us for so long. If everyone abandons UKIP at the general election then the liblabcon will simply relax back into their old ways dictating to us and re-educating us, refusing to listen to our concerns because they are too busy looking after themselves. The EU is comepletely, totally and utterly undemocratic. I believe in democracy and I am hoping we can all do our bit to save it.

We need UKIP.

Totally agree- people use commonsense and then in return are greeted with contempt and racist accusations - this is exactly the reason people are angry. People are being brainwashed against each other and it is those people that are truly ignorant- those that belive in every governemnt staistic and propaganda. It about time people started using common sense politics to sway their opinion.

We need democracy to mean democracy- the fact that people fail to turn out to vote speaks volumes for the very fact politicians are uncaring and only look after their own interests. UKIP will give local poeple democratic rights to vote on a nuber of issues whether it be housing, health or social or policing issues. The very fabric in our society of voluntary people going to council meetings and implementing schemes to help local peopleis all but destroyed- we need this society back and that is what UKIP stand for.

Archived