onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ukip

For Us All

Advert

If you are good enough and work hard enough and desire it enough there are opportunities out there..

I do think all is possible but social mobility has been made harder..I look at the obvious example of student loans and tuition fees. I paid no fees and cos my parents had no money and very little income I got a full student grant (no loans) which i am eternally grateful for; not sure what I would have done had I been embarking on a path that would have meant tens of thousands of debt.

But harder does not mean impossible

The torys are not to the middle right or left they introduced the Bedroom Tax and made it impossible for people to live on their sanctions and unfair work for benefit policies. Theyhate the working class end of.

Personally in principle the so called 'bedroom tax' is a sound idea but the way it's been implemented is grossly unfair

Take my own Mum for example...found herself living alone in a 3 bed council house in 1987 until 2010 (having moved their in the late 50s). She had all that space whilst elsewhere on Norton estate families were crammed into 2 bed flats (and others in B&B accommodation). The policy of getting people such as my Mum to downsize to free up such larger housing for those in need is absolutley sound (horrible though it would have been for my Mum to have to move).

However implementing it by taking away benefits is not the way to achieve this; there has to be a better/fairer way.

He said they moved to the left not that they were left wing.

Taxing adults individually has its merits. My parents were working class for instance, fought their way up through education and deducation, built a fantastic property when others chose to spend their incomes in different ways on booze, fags, holidays etc and yet were penalised under tax for investing their income in their family's future rather than choosing to fritter it away. That never struck me as fair growing up.

Your parents strike me as hardworking but extremely lucky parents. ,many who are hard working cannot even get onto the property ladder let alone build their own property.

It is a dream for some to have a roof over their head that they can call their own. Many people who work do not 'spend all their money on booze and fags' these people you talk of are usually people who do not work and cannot be bothered to work. They are in a very small minority.

Taxation on inheritance tax will be abolished under UKIP so that is one good point for you to consider when going to the polls.

Rather have Unions than no unions at all-

Totally agree

This country has simply since the Thatcher years been 'them and us' and that needs to change WE need to change as a country.

The counter argument is that it's employees who bang on about workers and bosses and see this great separation instead of seeing themselves as part of one workforce, one organisation striving to make the organisation successful.

Them and us was around long before Mrs T

I do think all is possible but social mobility has been made harder..I look at the obvious example of student loans and tuition fees. I paid no fees and cos my parents had no money and very little income I got a full student grant (no loans) which i am eternally grateful for; not sure what I would have done had I been embarking on a path that would have meant tens of thousands of debt.

But harder does not mean impossible

They should abolish tuition fees and raise income taxes for the top 20% earners in the country- the tories wont do this- brown envelopes in exchange for harsh policies. How can the tories say they back people who are prepared to work hard when many cannot afford the neccesary education?

Personally in principle the so called 'bedroom tax' is a sound idea but the way it's been implemented is grossly unfair

Take my own Mum for example...found herself living alone in a 3 bed council house in 1987 until 2010 (having moved their in the late 50s). She had all that space whilst elsewhere on Norton estate families were crammed into 2 bed flats (and others in B&B accommodation). The policy of getting people such as my Mum to downsize to free up such larger housing for those in need is absolutley sound (horrible though it would have been for my Mum to have to move).

However implementing it by taking away benefits is not the way to achieve this; there has to be a better/fairer way.

There would have been a far fairer outlook had people actually been offered suitable alternatve accomodation by the council- it is after all, their responsibility to ensure housing is utilised in the correct way.

They should abolish tuition fees

Ideally yes

and raise income taxes for the top 20% earners in the country- the tories wont do this- brown envelopes in exchange for harsh policies.

Personally I am in favour of a flat rate of tax so i can't support that. The top 20% will always pay more tax

How can the tories say they back people who are prepared to work hard when many cannot afford the neccesary education?

They can aford it..they just end up in debt to pay for it..sometimes you have to invest in yourself. Plus remember it was Labour who introduced tuition fees and increased them in 2004..although it was the conservatives who introdued loans in 1989 it was Labour that took them thru the stratosphere by putting fees into the equation

There would have been a far fairer outlook had people actually been offered suitable alternatve accomodation by the council- it is after all, their responsibility to ensure housing is utilised in the correct way.

Indeed.

Had people been offered suitable downsized housing and turned it down then perhaps consider benefit reduction. The current method of impolementation is flawed, unfair, too rigid and ignores the lack of availability of suitable accommodation in many areas

Archived