onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

put your finger on the problem?

t.punchard

Advert

I actually think its something as simple as the fact MA has bought in too many players during January and now doesnt know which his best team is. Hes changing his team virtually very game now to try and find the right balance whereas before Xmas the team virtually picked itself with the odd exception for injuries.

Lets look back in time. Over the first quarter of the season we had a largely settled team. This helps to build up both relationships and know how of the way your team mates play and their strengths and weaknesses. Though I wasn't 100% in favour of the teams selection and set up it cannot be argued that with the aid of substitutions to strengthen the midfield we were successful.

Though everyone knows that I was never a fan of our two winger system, it did frighten the opposition to death earlier in the season. Sadly the opposition worked out that by playing JMW onto his right side that his threat was nullified and Vincent after his player of the month award in October suddenly thought that he was a striker and not a wideman. In short he had a severe attack of 'Big Headitus'.

So now all the other teams needed to do was swamp midfield and we are stuffed. Away from home things weren't so bad because the onus is on the home team to attack which suited us very nicely and due to a good keeper and a sound defence we picked the points up regularly.

The problem now is that MIcky seems totally unsure of his best starting 11 it's OK to make slight alterations to accomodate the opponents strengths and weaknesses but to many players are 'in ,out, in, out' it's like the Okeekokee gone mad.

Micky has been telling us the fans to keep calm but I think that he himself is panicing more than we are and explains both the team selection merry go round and the reported fallouts with some of his squad.

If the season is to be saved MA needs to step back and take stock. We have the players to get us up but they wont do it whilst sitting on the sidelines.

God knows we all want promotion but many fans me included will always have an opinion. A strong manager has faith in his own ability.

a player didn't tell me this, but it is fact that it is costing £350,000 to pay the new signings wages until may, would you be happy?

I assume the £350k figure that has been banded around is the addition to our annual wage budget. We have signed Purse, Hughes, Andrew, Birchall, Jones, Chilvers. They won't cost £350k for 4/5 months work between them. If they do, then I fear for the sanity of Wildes and Smurthwaite.

Paying the new signings to much money, it has annoyed the players who stayed loyal in the summer.

So the inference is that the early season players aren't busting aren't trying too hard because they're miffed about the differential in pay. My advise is ' That's football. It happens at all clubs. You're supposed to be professional footballers. Get on with it.'

Archived