onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Atmosphere

Samwelo

Advert

Perhaps things are too tense, if an early goal or two doesn't come, people worry and maybe it transmits to the pitch. The old tactic, silence the home crowd, at play. If I remember right we did have a few chances early on against Morecambe, which could have made all the difference. So really, some early pressure is required to liven up the crowd, similar to the late pressure in the same game. Or is it a matter of pacing themselves on a heavy pitch? Both Andrew and Williamson have pace, why not give it a go from the start?

That Tuesday night game against Shrewsbury a couple of years ago in front of 8000 fans admittedly was fantastic. In league 1 with more local teams and better supported teams visiting will help to create a better atmosphere next season. Also higher season ticket sales this summer compared to last summer is inevitable. I don't think we need to worry about it this season, let those of us who are there just enjoy the promotion run in and the rest will take care of itself.

Don't suppose that there'll be too many other opportunties to have a decent atmosphere this season either with only 3 Saturday home games remaining.

Really didn't realise that. Guess we're closer to league 1 than we think.

Damn only the 'really' bit was meant to be in italics.

yep thats the one, cheers, 5-1 not 5-2 that was deffo pools. Our only two home defeats that season I think.

That Plymouth side were excellent. They comprehensively played us off the park that day and were well worthy of promotion. It's a shame to see them where they are now, they still average around 6000 at home.

Remember this player? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Friio. He tore us apart, scoring one long range screamer if memory serves.

That Plymouth side were excellent. They comprehensively played us off the park that day and were well worthy of promotion. It's a shame to see them where they are now' date=' they still average around 6000 at home.[/quote']

Yeah they get good gates, Plymouth is a huge city to be solely represented by a L2 club. If I'm not mistaken aswell that promotion was there second in succession under Paul Sturrock. The club had been through a similar period like ours between 98 and 2003 aswell.

In the last two home games against Accrington and Morecombe we have started really slowly and the atmosphere tends to mirror the reaction of the team.The pitch doesn't help our cause but it could be argued whether we need the team to get the fans going or vice versa.We'll get the usual 5,500 tomorrow night but I'm expecting a good open game with Vale coming out on top 2-1.

A few seasons ago when we were in a similar position to now, but earlier on in the season Vale Park on a Saturday afternoon and even Tuesday night would be bouncing. This season even though we are far better off, the atmosphere has been flat. I think this ties onto what Micky said yesterday about moaners and negativity. I just don't understand why. There should be cheering, singing and us urging the team on. I guess this thread is a bit of a call for some positivity tomorrow night and a good atmosphere if possible. If we can do it away why not at home?

The last so many games we have started really slowly so i dont think that will help,also i dont think it's just us i think it happens at a lot of lower league teams,when Gillingham were on tv a couple of weeks ago you could hear a pin drop.

tbh away followings of 70 / 150 are hardly going to generate a cup final atmosphere , regardless of where we are in the division . losing local games against notts co , shrews , bury , crwho over recent seasons doesn't help on the attendance figures or in terms of atmosphere . freezing cold nights in feb with champs lge football on will hardly entice the non diehard out of their chairs. wait until the last 2 or 3 home games and people will turn out in numbers.

Archived