onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Seasons over: What Next? Manager next season?

grebovale

It can’t be just a coincidence that once the protests and negativity from certain elements of the clubs “fans” began the standard of performances on the pitch plummeted. By a few on here’s admission they wanted failure on the pitch so that the current board would be in weaker position. For some of those same people to come on here trying to answer “who’s to blame”, well take a good look in the mirror, the blame for this season lays a lot closer to home.

UP THE VALE ===============

Advert

if things are as bad as people think regarding dodgy books and payments then I really do fear for the vale.

Look what happened to Luton town over a dodgy board, also boston utd. If anything bad as gone on once its out I could see the vale in the blue sq north.

I wouldnt fancy us against the top half of the blue sq prem as it is anyway.

Its a dire situation.

It can’t be just a coincidence that once the protests and negativity from certain elements of the clubs “fans”
The Club blaming the fans again. :doh:

How do you explain the previous 7 years+ under Valiant 2001 before the protests even began for being ***** then?

That for me says it all about this board! No ambition. Just wanting to use the cash to preserve themselves.

I also heard from an inside link that Mudie had tried to skip paying a club bill (for club business) and tried charging it to the Sproson Fund, which he has nothing to do with!!!

Not true.

Mudie sponsored something for the Sproson Fund and his cheque bounced.

That first half was the worst performance of 11 Vale players I can remember--there was no effort, commitment or constructive play anywhere to be seen--I didn't count any shots on target at all! To be out-pointed in every department by a team that's bottom of the division by a mile and headed for non-league football tells us everything! Never mind the board arguments--we seriously need to re-build a complete team or irrespective of ownership/management, we'll be in the same position as Stockport this time next year!!!

And how are we supposed to do that with this lot in the boardroom next season.The only way is to get rid and have investment coming into the club and have the club run in a proffesional way from top to bottom.V2001 out now and let someone in who can give us hope for the future for the club we all love before it dies altogether.

It can’t be just a coincidence that once the protests and negativity from certain elements of the clubs “fans” began the standard of performances on the pitch plummeted. By a few on here’s admission they wanted failure on the pitch so that the current board would be in weaker position. For some of those same people to come on here trying to answer “who’s to blame”, well take a good look in the mirror, the blame for this season lays a lot closer to home.

Get lost you patronsing, hypocrtical, lying piece of ****! (What did you say to that celtic supporter on the forest website, "stick to celtic, you are not even a forest fan"? Or did you not do your research to well about your username to hide behind?)

Blame lies with the board, pure and simple. Bad decisions, poor management, not learning from mistakes (sinnott/glover, gannon/horse), no money. Only one protest has happened in the ground, and we won.

Funny that after being asked many times over the weekend, you fail to answer the question about what you think of mark simms letter? Nothing to say? Any how, I'll ask again...why is the new bid bad for port vale, and what could Mo do with 24.9% share and mark simms in alongside him?

Funny that after being asked many times over the weekend, you fail to answer the question about what you think of mark simms letter? Nothing to say? Any how, I'll ask again...why is the new bid bad for port vale, and what could Mo do with 24.9% share and mark simms in alongside him?

Your charming pleasantries aside, I’ve had time to look at the bid and tbh I’ve cooled on the idea. To me it looks as though Simms role will be just a token seat on the board, he’d be the silent partner with Chaundry pulling the strings. So as I am against this man taking over from Vale I’m naturally against this new “joint” bid.

Oh hey up hes here............Where were you yesterday, looked for you never mind maybe against Morcambe.

So the demise has nothing to do with the board then the last 7 years of misery you really are a F****wit

Your charming pleasantries aside, I’ve had time to look at the bid and tbh I’ve cooled on the idea. To me it looks as though Simms role will be just a token seat on the board, he’d be the silent partner with Chaundry pulling the strings. So as I am against this man taking over from Vale I’m naturally against this new “joint” bid.

So if Simms is to be a silent partner as you put it what does that make Meighs,Olivers and Lloyds position on the current board?===

Its a combination of poor leadership from the board and a poor squad of players.

The board aren't really bothered about whats happening on the pitch at the moment, as they are far too busy trying to paper over cracks and put right whatever is lurking within the books. If there was nothing to hide, they would have left by now, but there is something pretty serious they need to address before they hand over the reigns. Therefore the board are guilty of lack of support towards the manager and the squad.

The rest of the blame surely lies with some of the players. We have a squad consisting of workers with very little talent, talented players who aren't bothered and the rest are just very average L2 players. MA managed to get the best of of this combination MOST of the time but don't lets forget we endured some poor perfomances long before his departure to Sheffield. The players have used Gannon as an excuse for too long and the players media interviews about things improving and commitment are fooling nobody. Most aren't good enough and have let the fans down - fact. I wonder how long it will be before the players start using the protests as as excuse now fans are turning on them?

Of course we have suffered a little bad luck with the departure of MA, and nobody can be blamed for that event.

Where does this leave us for next season? We have a board who are skint but entrenched and will not allow new leadership. We have a squad of players who aren't good enough, plus some players who clearly want out of the club. We don't even have a manager, and face little prospect of attracting one with our problems and lack of resource. And finally we have a split and disgruntled fan-base who won't be buying STs unless the above issues are addressed. Every game next year will be the same as yesterday, so why would any sane fan part with £250 to watch that rubbish every week? Loyalty can very often turn into stupidity.

Relegation is a very real possibility next year, and with our neighbours becoming a more attractive proposition for new young supporters and their families, Port Vales very existence surely hangs in the balance.

Archived