onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

When McCombe is fit.

Samwelo

Advert

I'm not too worried about clean sheets as we tend to score more than the opposition in an open game. What does worry me is that, as often seems to happen, the goals have dried up at both ends, and you need to score goals to win games!

Think MA has gone back to what he knows best, and how we were when he first took over.

I never really rated colin even though he was ok a bit like boom I was more a ken beamish lad myself along with kenny beech

He took a season or two to lose the rawness but turned into a very good player and we got money for him. When he came back he helped us to promotion with galloping displays from fullback , hence the Emlyn comparisons. Kenny Beech was overrated.

Big John is a cult hero because of his BOOOOOOMMM chants.

In reality hes not that good.

Spot on. He's a very honest but limited 4th division centre back, not the colossus he's made out to be on here. As you say cult status for the chant and NOT his performances.

For me its Purse + Chilvers / Duffy / Davis. McCombe is a poor version of Purse, and should only get a game if Purse is injured.

A decent servant, but one on the release list for me if we want to move the team forward.

In 7 games without him we have had 4 clean sheets - the same number as we achieved in the 31 games prior to Purse's arrival. Coincidence???

Spot on. He's a very honest but limited 4th division centre back, not the colossus he's made out to be on here. As you say cult status for the chant and NOT his performances.

For me its Purse + Chilvers / Duffy / Davis. McCombe is a poor version of Purse, and should only get a game if Purse is injured.

A decent servant, but one on the release list for me if we want to move the team forward.

Spot on.I find it astonishing people saying we have missed him.

In 7 games without him we have had 4 clean sheets - the same number as we achieved in the 31 games prior to Purse's arrival. Coincidence???

• 2 weeks later...
The coincidence is MacDonald leaving at the same time. Other than that, I agree.

Well, Boom has had 3 games back and we have conceded twice in 2 of these games. Big Mac us now sat on Bristol's bench.

McCombe is not good enough ~ Chilvers / Duffy / Davis far better partners for Purse.

Well, Boom has had 3 games back and we have conceded twice in 2 of these games. Big Mac us now sat on Bristol's bench.

McCombe is not good enough ~ Chilvers / Duffy / Davis far better partners for Purse.

McCombe has been rushed back into the team after 2 months off.There was no need for that.Like you say the defence was not conceding but is now.Coincidence?, I don't think so.Back to Duffy and Purse for me.McCombe is not up to it even when fit.

McCombe has been rushed back into the team after 2 months off.There was no need for that.Like you say the defence was not conceding but is now.Coincidence?, I don't think so.Back to Duffy and Purse for me.McCombe is not up to it even when fit.

Fully agree my friend.

Mccombe should never have walked back into the side. It was his fault he was injured, and we did well enough without him. He should have earned his place back or waited for his chance. He has come back and weakened the defence considerably. Another of those players who fans have massively over rated over the years. But you get slated for dare saying it.

Chilvers in for me or Duffy and play Yates at RB.

Look at how many tems let McCombe have the ball-all he can do is hoof it and he has no pace.

Granted he and Clayton did well for us but that was when we were scoring more goals.

With Chilvers and Purse we kept clean sheets against Barnet, Wimbledon and Accie, beat Gills and drew with Wimbledon.

Without Chilvers we have lost 3 out of 5-coincidence-I don't think so.

Archived