onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New chairwoman of sc!

carpetman123

This has been on the cards for a long time. The point in history when society began to accept such moves was the very day the AA stopped saluting its members at the roadside. A dark day in a male dominated world from which this country will never recover!:yes:

The only reason the AA saluted its members was because they weren't allowed to put up warning signs about speed traps, so they brought in the rule which said if a patrolman failed to salute, you were entitled to stop and ask why. He could then tell you about the speed trap.

What has this to do with the chairmanship of PVSC I hear you ask? Not a lot actually. So I'll shut up. :offtopic:

Advert

Your excused then but remember we have 1600 members.

Yes but that number is nonsense though isn't it? I'm technically a member of the supporters club because I clicked on a free link from facebook once. If annual membership to the supporters club was even £1 then you'd get nearer the 100 mark.

In all honesty the SC is defunct as a function now the new board are in place. What do the SC do that other groups don't? The SC doesn't run away day coaches, the pubs around Burslem and the club fill that function. You've already got the Port Vale Volunteers doing various things around the club. Websites like this and others have facilitated the social function beyond the club (and I'm not just talking keyboard warriors, I've personally met plenty of people in the "real world" who maybe I wouldn't have without Vale related internet pages). The supporters football team Portly Vale were formed well before the current reincarnation of the SC so there is no links there. If the board want supporter interaction then they get on the official website, local press, facebook or Twitter to publicise it. The vote on the new badge wasn't exclusive to supporters club members, and the club doesn't need the SC to gauge general opinion.

I think many share my viewpoint, as they are associated or at least loosely linked to other social elements related to Vale already, making the Supporters Club less of a priority hense the low turnout. Like I've said, what different function does it facilitate NOW? The SC closed down for a good reason last time around.

I think many share my viewpoint, as they are associated or at least loosely linked to other social elements related to Vale already, making the Supporters Club less of a priority hense the low turnout. Like I've said, what different function does it facilitate NOW? The SC closed down for a good reason last time around.

I don't remember the SC closing down.

The key points about away travel and social events being that they should all come under one umbrella, namely the SC.

It's sad that you're so critical and negative about the future of the SC and I would have hoped that you would have at least given the new look Group some support.

Perhaps wait until the next crisis.

I don't remember the SC closing down.

The key points about away travel and social events being that they should all come under one umbrella, namely the SC.

It's sad that you're so critical and negative about the future of the SC and I would have hoped that you would have at least given the new look Group some support.

Perhaps wait until the next crisis.

I'm not aiming to be negative, but maybe a little critical. Maybe the Supporters Club didn't close down, but it might as well have been as the vast majority didn't know it still functioned.

The Sproson statue unvieling was a great day that the supporters club were heavily involved with so that is a plus. Even through the hard times of last year the only real function was a committee of maybe half a dozen individuals who had the ear of the administrators, but that in reality didn't open up public communications that weren't available in other forms anyway. I don't think the influence of the Supporters Club committee will have actually made a difference to what the administrators selected as a prefered bidder for the club going forward as their ultimate concern was with the creditors.

You only have to look at the supporters club website to see that nothing has been done all season as a "club for supporters" beyond the private meetings with the administrators which was largely to the benefit of a select few. Even the "Open fans forum" had nothing to do with that organisation. The fact that the door is open between the committee and the owners is great, but should only be a small part of the functionality of the supporters club (especially since this is not as important as it would have been in previous years).

I'm hoping that all I have mentioned is brought under one large fan based organisation and the Supporters Club would be ideal for this. Hopefully the new committee will recognise the need for greater functionality as a club for supporters, so that if and when the next crisis occurs they'll be a strong, gregarious body already in place rather than a fragmented set of movements with no real focus having to start from scratch.

The time is now whilst there is still momentum for a Supporters Club, otherwise they'll be half as many in attendance again at the next AGM. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new committee have to offer, as an ear to the board simply isn't enough for an organisation calling itself THE Supporters Club.

I'm not aiming to be negative, but maybe a little critical. Maybe the Supporters Club didn't close down, but it might as well have been as the vast majority didn't know it still functioned.

The Sproson statue unvieling was a great day that the supporters club were heavily involved with so that is a plus. Even through the hard times of last year the only real function was a committee of maybe half a dozen individuals who had the ear of the administrators, but that in reality didn't open up public communications that weren't available in other forms anyway. I don't think the influence of the Supporters Club committee will have actually made a difference to what the administrators selected as a prefered bidder for the club going forward as their ultimate concern was with the creditors.

You only have to look at the supporters club website to see that nothing has been done all season as a "club for supporters" beyond the private meetings with the administrators which was largely to the benefit of a select few. Even the "Open fans forum" had nothing to do with that organisation. The fact that the door is open between the committee and the owners is great, but should only be a small part of the functionality of the supporters club (especially since this is not as important as it would have been in previous years).

I'm hoping that all I have mentioned is brought under one large fan based organisation and the Supporters Club would be ideal for this. Hopefully the new committee will recognise the need for greater functionality as a club for supporters, so that if and when the next crisis occurs they'll be a strong, gregarious body already in place rather than a fragmented set of movements with no real focus having to start from scratch.

The time is now whilst there is still momentum for a Supporters Club, otherwise they'll be half as many in attendance again at the next AGM. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new committee have to offer, as an ear to the board simply isn't enough for an organisation calling itself THE Supporters Club.

Sadly I believe what you think is pretty much about what the vast majority of Vale fans think. For the new committee to succeed they must find ways how to get fans to attend meetings and get them to 'shell out' a membership fee. For this to happen there will need to be a 'carrot' to attract them!. I wish the new committee well in their quest.

Even through the hard times of last year the only real function was a committee of maybe half a dozen individuals who had the ear of the administrators,

So the large amounts of money raised by the SC which paid for away travel for the players as well as food for them was nothing? The Outstanding bills they paid off to the coach company so the team could travel was nothing? The Sproson Statue was nothing? I could go on but you get the point.

So the large amounts of money raised by the SC which paid for away travel for the players as well as food for them was nothing? The Outstanding bills they paid off to the coach company so the team could travel was nothing? The Sproson Statue was nothing? I could go on but you get the point.

:clap::clap::clap:

Archived