onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bycars Bogs

Kevin The Valiant

What a magnificent feeling I had travelling home from yesterday's match....not only are we (deservedly) top of the league......but the new regime is showing signs of commitment with an eye to the future. On the field the manager has been given the backing over the last month to finalise the promotion push out of this dreadfully depressing league....the likes of Crewe, Shrewsbury, Preston, Coventry, Sheffield, et al SURELY will bring followings in the 500-1,000 bracket and therefore improve (a) the atmosphere (b) attendances......BUT above all this the new owners have shown me that they are prepared to invest in the basics.........

What am I talking about? Well, I had the privilege, yes, the privilege to have a wee at half-time in the same toilets that I have used for the last 40 years.....WHAT A DIFFERENCE.....spanking new stainless steel urinals, clear shining fluorescent lighting, spotless upvc trimmings, and that awful stench of stale urine has been completely obliterated!!

What a transformation.....a small sign that after 40 years of neglect, these loos are at last in line with other parts of the stadium.

I'm sure that the new owners are investigating other areas of concern......and on the back of this season's success.....hopefully culminating in automatic promotion in April.......please, please, please, get that part of the wonderful Lorne St stand completed for August.......at least the place will look finally finished after all these years!

One small gripe, which I am sure has not gone under the radar of our new supremos....

I called in at the club shop prior to the match.....with some dollars in my pocket.....just looking for something to tempt me (there is a feelgood factor about the place at the mo)......but there was a very poor range of goods, so I left without making a purchase....

Over the next 2-3 months we should see slightly higher attendances.....let's get some quality stock in there and

Advert

a sign they are listening, the old regime believed a coat of whitewash every close season was enough. I know it can be seen as petty moaning but anything that improves the expereince is a bonus. These things don't cost the earth but it helps to improve the look and feel of Vale Park.

A big well done for listening to fans and perhaps a little empathy.

Next one for me is getting the second corporate suite finished and give fans the expereince of havign a post match drink in nice surroundings instead of the dark, dank Tommy Cheadle's. I would have thought there are many fans that would have a pint or two after the game and at the same time advertise our assets for functions etc.

Regarding the Robbie Williams suite - I totally agree about making it a function room but it can also be fitted with seats outside like the Exec boxes and it already has sliding doors fitted if my memory serves me right.

On that basis why not create a proper Vice Presidents Club where 100 or so fans can pay something between normal admission and Exec Box match day prices and also obtain hot food similar to the Directors Lounge.

Then there could also be (limited) after match admission for ST holders to come up for a pint in quality surroundings or go into Tommy Cheadles for a bargain priced after match pint and burger and chips etc.

During the week the RW suite would obviously make for a great conference room as unlike the Directors lounge it has a view of the pitch.

My company is a member of the Association of European Rail Agents (AERA) a national organisation that is holding its AGM at the Vale. So there is a real opportunity to use the many lounges of different sizes in the Hamil Stand for corporate non-footballing events of different sizes and from what I hear under the new owners the club is finally waking up to this fact.

Back on topic - as someone who was a Bycars Ender for a long time its great news to hear that something has, at last, been done about them bogs. I trust the ladies has had a similar renovation?

There are a few ladies i can think of that need a renovation. ;)

Regarding the Robbie Williams suite - I totally agree about making it a function room but it can also be fitted with seats outside like the Exec boxes and it already has sliding doors fitted if my memory serves me right.

On that basis why not create a proper Vice Presidents Club where 100 or so fans can pay something between normal admission and Exec Box match day prices and also obtain hot food similar to the Directors Lounge.

Then there could also be (limited) after match admission for ST holders to come up for a pint in quality surroundings or go into Tommy Cheadles for a bargain priced after match pint and burger and chips etc.

During the week the RW suite would obviously make for a great conference room as unlike the Directors lounge it has a view of the pitch.

My company is a member of the Association of European Rail Agents (AERA) a national organisation that is holding its AGM at the Vale. So there is a real opportunity to use the many lounges of different sizes in the Hamil Stand for corporate non-footballing events of different sizes and from what I hear under the new owners the club is finally waking up to this fact.

they do something similar in the south stand at Man and I've been to the cricket and had a similar experience at I think the Oval

It would be great to do something like that

Archived