onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Kit vote

Danish Valiant

Advert

Danish Valiant, what do you think of Hummel? They're Danish based arn't they (despite their formation in Hamburg)?

I think they make absolutely beatiful kits, after their re-branding. They seem to take every part of the club into consideration, when designing bespoke kits now, like history, demographic etc so they give the clubs a contemporary kit, with a retro feel. I've seen some very nice stuff from them here in Denmark as of late, so would be absolutely ecstatic for them to be Vale's kit supplier!!!

I am very impressed with our kits this season.

The Yellow and pink ones still look brand new and ive had them since they went on sale. I also have the blue keeper top.

No pulls and great quality.

One gripe i do have is that the home top looked superb with Sondico on but absolutely vile with the new sponsors.

I am sure it has put people off buying one. I went to the club shop over xmas to purchase one but decided against it because it looked horrible.

I very much doubt that we are getting mega bucks for the sponsor and i hope Paul Wildes takes into consideration sponsors logos looking shocking on shirts. It will affect sales.

Ye I was the same, the logo looks ready to fall off and a mate who had 1 over Christmas said the sponsor was bubbly. For £40 it is not good enough. I appreciate that it isnt the owners fault. But the quality was very poor on the stitching from just a glance. I also wanted to buy a water proof Vale coat for when I go walking or play football and again I decided against it. If we had a good maufacturer I would have brought a home shirt and a coat spending £70 in the shop. If we have a major kit supplier we wont get a bespoked kit. But the extra leisure wear will be better. Perhaps a aHummel/Kappa could be a good option.

The red and white pinstripe Denmark kit they wore at the World Cup in 1986 is the greatest kit of all time. Absolute classic.......

I also liked the Stoke pinstriped kit from that era. I believe it was the kit they wore during their disastrous campaign of 84-85 when they were relegated with 17 points from 42 games...

Are you going to buy a Vale top next season Tunstallpotter? I'm intrigued as to your excuse for posting red and white related spam on an otherwise sensible thread.

I also wanted to buy a water proof Vale coat for when I go walking or play football and again I decided against it. If we had a good maufacturer I would have brought a home shirt and a coat spending £70 in the shop. If we have a major kit supplier we wont get a bespoked kit. But the extra leisure wear will be better. Perhaps a aHummel/Kappa could be a good option.

A good point and again you're not the first person to mention it.

Rain jackets, managers coats, polo shirts... you see loads of Stoke stuff like this knocking round Hanley, even on a Saturday afternoon when they're at home.

The only Vale branded merchandise you usually see people wearing are the shirts. If you walk past a Vale fan in the street, if they aren't wearing a football shirt you wouldn't know they were Vale.

That Stoke kit was an Umbro classic.......

Won't be buying a Vale top, but will continue to watch Vale when time allows me.

Apologies for daring to mention red and white, are you one of those crazy football fans who refuse to buy anything in the colours of their rivals. You are aren't you I can tell? :D

I've got a red and white Hull KR top from the 90's. It's not red and white stripes but it's certainly borderline in terms of my own moral code.

Archived