New Badge or Old Badge

Karl Pilkington

Which badge would you prefer?  

353 members have voted

1. 1. Which badge would you prefer?

• New Badge
    • Old Badge

Advert

I'm indifferent. I'd be against it if it was a brand new badge but as it's an old one I guess it has as much right to be our badge as the current one. I like to keep it traditional, unlike the awful who had a gimiccy new badge.

I'd say I'm slightly in favour of the change, because if anything, I appreciate the gesture by the club.

I'm indifferent. I'd be against it if it was a brand new badge but as it's an old one I guess it has as much right to be our badge as the current one. I like to keep it traditional, unlike the awful who had a gimiccy new badge.

I'd say I'm slightly in favour of the change, because if anything, I appreciate the gesture by the club.

Same here RFC. It's a refreshing change to be asked our opinion on something knowing that the result will be acted upon.

If the new owners want to herald a new era at the club, I m a liittle puzzled as to why we would change the club crest to an old one. If we are marking a new chapter surely a brand new crest would be more appropriate. Personally I prefer the current crest to the old one. I don't mean to sound negative as in a way I m glad the new owners are looking at everything including the crest to see how we can improve, but surely there are more pressing matters commercially.

From reading the presentation and speaking to people at the club, the feeling is that the club want to move on with this new era but they want to do so while at the same time pay tribute to the club's long history, its connection with the local area and that we should rightly be proud of both those things. By taking the 1950's badge and a new slogan they pay tribute to the past, by re-adopting the Burslem crest they pay tribute to our geographical roots. I think that in essence, is why they want (for want of a better word) a new/old badge...

However, I like the fact that they are checking with the fans, they could just have foisted this on us without any say/so from the supporters. But if the fans don't buy into what I said above, then the vote gives people the chance to say so. That's fair enough in my book.

From reading the presentation and speaking to people at the club, the feeling is that the club want to move on with this new era but they want to do so while at the same time pay tribute to the club's long history, its connection with the local area and that we should rightly be proud of both those things. By taking the 1950's badge and a new slogan they pay tribute to the past, by re-adopting the Burslem crest they pay tribute to our geographical roots. I think that in essence, is why they want (for want of a better word) a new/old badge...

However, I like the fact that they are checking with the fans, they could just have foisted this on us without any say/so from the supporters. But if the fans don't buy into what I said above, then the vote gives people the chance to say so. That's fair enough in my book.

It's very important that we all use our vote on this. If we don't then we can hardly blame the Club for not asking our opinions on any changes in the future.

Think it would make sense restart this poll with better descriptions

Burslem Crest

Current Badge

Personally love the crest but hate the slogan, tacky, cheesy and will age really badly.

Totally agree with you there, lose the wording and the old "new" badge is a winner imo.

Archived