onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lee Hughes won't be with us

This transfer window despite Adams indifference is one of the biggest we have faced for a few years.

I would like us to sign someone who can not only improve this team especially at home but be a regular first team player next season.

I dont want Andrew signing a 2 year deal,I dont want Chilvers signing a 2 year deal I dont want failed ex loanees I want players who are going to make a statement,who ignite our ambitions and show the world we are ambitious.

We are at the top of our league it should be a lot easier to attract quality....... over to you Mr Adams

Advert

He didn't do a great job at all first half' date=' it was embarrasing watching him putting up his hand to appeal for offside as their player ran round him and then crossed freely into the box. I thought the only defender who came out with any credit aside from his poor challenege for his caution was Duffy.[/quote']

You kidding? Watch Duffer for both goals. Where did the ball end up? Yates any day for me.:razz:

This transfer window despite Adams indifference is one of the biggest we have faced for a few years.

I would like us to sign someone who can not only improve this team especially at home but be a regular first team player next season.

I dont want Andrew signing a 2 year deal,I dont want Chilvers signing a 2 year deal I dont want failed ex loanees I want players who are going to make a statement,who ignite our ambitions and show the world we are ambitious.

We are at the top of our league it should be a lot easier to attract quality....... over to you Mr Adams

Over to you Adams' agent mates.

I'm hoping that Adams is using reverse physcology by playing it down - it keeps moral up within the camp and maybe keeps us under the radar a bit as I think we need an absoulte minimum of 2 defenders and a midfielder

It shows how poor we were when Yates was one of our better players

Can't believe we all go to the same game given some of the comments, but then that's what is great about football. A black & white debate where the same player can be complete garbage or best on the park depending on whether you have been to specsavers or Boots.

Thanks. I was beginning to think that few recognised Yates had a reasonbale game yesterday. He has been consistent recently and it's noticeable where I sit that people are at last recognising that Duffy is the weaker link at full back. He was absolutley pathetic and should have gone off a lot sooner, imo. Yates has gradually all season improved but there are those that can only"see" his mistakes. Considering all the tripe that is played by others in the back four then Yates has my vote each week to hold his place down. Perhaps if we had decent, speedy defenders alongside him all would then see what amount of covering/tackling etc Yates does. Get off his back, he is a Valiant and deserves some credit.

I agree that Yates is performing well and consistently, but is still nothing on Duffy. Duffy was ok yesterday considering he was marking their two best players by himself. Every time they attacked down our right they had their left back and winger both on Duffy due to Myrie Williams standing still on the half way line, Yates had that cover in front in Andrews. I agree though Yates does deserve more credit that he is getting

I agree that Yates is performing well and consistently, but is still nothing on Duffy. Duffy was ok yesterday considering he was marking their two best players by himself. Every time they attacked down our right they had their left back and winger both on Duffy due to Myrie Williams standing still on the half way line, Yates had that cover in front in Andrews. I agree though Yates does deserve more credit that he is getting

I repeat - both goals.

I think we should be looking at the player that gave away both free kicks and every single Port Vale player as they were all defending their own area. The defence is very poor at the moment aside from the second half against Rotherham.

I'm not quite sure you've got your priorities right here. We concede many free kicks during a game but you have to defend them properly. McDonald is gash anyway.We will not go up with these in our back four. Thank goodness for Neal - that's what I say.

I'm not quite sure you've got your priorities right here. We concede many free kicks during a game but you have to defend them properly. McDonald is gash anyway.We will not go up with these in our back four. Thank goodness for Neal - that's what I say.

The back 4 is ok providing McCombe plays, without him we are clueless at the back.

Archived