onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

''LET'S BE AVIN YE'' !! On New Years day.

ollyandpatch

Advert

if you're within a 50 mile radius of VP and you don't go to this game then you're NOT a Vale fan - 'kin end of. no excuses anymore. tin hat on

Cant go no job and tight budget...i put in players bucket fund , cleaned the hamil seats pre-season ,got me lad all the strips up until being made redundant ,,so looks like i'm not a vale fan then not as though i have to justify it to you. Just a note did ring the ticket office to see if i could get a reduction and was told outright no, so me lad and me dad wont be going either.

ps please define a true vale fan as you seem to base it on attending only one match !!!

There are reasons and excuses.

I said there should be no excuses.

Reason: a statement presented in justification or explanation of a belief or action.

Excuse: to serve as an apology or justification for an action

Same chuffing thing

If someone doesn't go for any reason/excuse/whatever that's up to them and nothing to do with anyone else

Nothing, obviously. But it's disappointing that they are so fair-weather as to use excuses (not actual reasons) when tomorrow is a fantastic opportunity for a great, very well supported game.

There you go again calling them 'fair-weather' fans..they are entitled to do whatever they wish whether that be every game every season or one game every 10 seasons

Which is what I agreed with when above I said "nothing, obviously."

I just find it disappointing that people will find excuses (again, not reasons) not to attend the most attractive match in a long time. We have excellent away followings but fickle home support, it's frustrating.

Never thought I'd hear a home match against Fleetwood Town described as "the most attractive match in a long time" :(

Let's face it, a lot of the floating fans will say we've seen all this before against Gills this season and 2 years ago, post the Shrewsbury game. I can't blame them, though I will be there.

Tomorrow is just another game. 3 points will do nicely but i would take a draw.

The table looks good but we are only at halfway. Theres a hell of a long way to go yet.

As for our home support being 'fickle', 5000 average in division 4 after all we have been through is superb.

I brought up the average attendances a while back and historically we are doing very well in terms of crowds.

Im sick of all these 'rallying cries'. People do have GENUINE reasons im sure.

Not all are in a position to go week in, week out. Even those that live local.

Instead of worrying about those that turn up every now and then, when they can, people need to enjoy it for themselves and not let it get to them.

There will be around 5000 tomorrow i reckon and the moaners will be out in full force. Time for people to drop it i think. If we were in league 1 at the top we would be pushing 7000. Championship at the top pushing 10000. League 2 near the bottom and i dare say around 3000. Its the way of the world and how football fans work. With every club. Not just Vale.

I chose to fly back home yesterday to spend new year with my girlfriend instead of watching the vale. I suppose that makes me not much of a supporter than most but eh oh.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, whichever way you look at it... Theres more to life than Port Vale.

Tomorrow is just another game. 3 points will do nicely but i would take a draw.

The table looks good but we are only at halfway. Theres a hell of a long way to go yet.

As for our home support being 'fickle', 5000 average in division 4 after all we have been through is superb.

I brought up the average attendances a while back and historically we are doing very well in terms of crowds.

Im sick of all these 'rallying cries'. People do have GENUINE reasons im sure.

Not all are in a position to go week in, week out. Even those that live local.

Instead of worrying about those that turn up every now and then, when they can, people need to enjoy it for themselves and not let it get to them.

There will be around 5000 tomorrow i reckon and the moaners will be out in full force. Time for people to drop it i think. If we were in league 1 at the top we would be pushing 7000. Championship at the top pushing 10000. League 2 near the bottom and i dare say around 3000. Its the way of the world and how football fans work. With every club. Not just Vale.

I chose to fly back home yesterday to spend new year with my girlfriend instead of watching the vale. I suppose that makes me not much of a supporter than most but eh oh.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, whichever way you look at it... Theres more to life than Port Vale.

Spot on ST.

Archived