ground share with coventry

TWIGGY

ground share  

141 members have voted

1. 1. ground share

• groundshare with another club
    • no groundshare

Advert

why in gods name would he ask the fans what they thought?

The fans bought the club last time and fell heavily, the fans dont get a say in business decisions or football decisions for that matter, they dont have shares anymore.

so you want a football team where we have no say in anything at all?i know that there are no vale supporter shareholders, but imo it would be the decent thing to do, just ask peoples opinions on certain subjects, because a decision like this would not just affect vale, it would affect stoke on trent as a whole.

so you want a football team where we have no say in anything at all?i know that there are no vale supporter shareholders, but imo it would be the decent thing to do, just ask peoples opinions on certain subjects, because a decision like this would not just affect vale, it would affect stoke on trent as a whole.

We dont have any say..... in anything.

How would it affect vale supporters?

It certainly wouldnt have a detrimental effect on the city..... they could pull down a few more terraced houses to accommodate the vehicles.

Asking the fans is a dangerous door to open...... mold tried it and didnt like what they heard.... fans making decisions is a bad bad idea.

no no no thats not what i meant mate.obviously they own vale, they will do whats best for vale, i have no doubt of that.however a decision like groundsharing would not just affect vale.it would affect stoke on trent, the police....everything.

they abviously have the final say, but surely just asking for peoples opinion would show their commitment to the community and show they are not just in it to make a profit.

We dont have any say..... in anything.

How would it affect vale supporters?

It certainly wouldnt have a detrimental effect on the city..... they could pull down a few more terraced houses to accommodate the vehicles.

how would another football team sharing vale park affect vale supporters?is that really a question?

i agree about the houses though :thumbs:

so mr smurthwaite would accept a groundshare with coventry if they needed it...would you be ok with that?

personally i think its a good idea AS LONG AS IT FINANCIALLY BENEFITTED THE VALE.

thoughts?

I think the pitch is bad enough now since we filled in all the mine shafts.

Yes its a question...... when we are at home they wont be..... when they play at VP we wont.... how will it affect the supporters?

more in a moral sense...would you want our home being someone else's home?also, yet again it would affect burslem...would vale supporters be ok with burslem being a lot busier?

more in a moral sense...would you want our home being someone else's home?also, yet again it would affect burslem...would vale supporters be ok with burslem being a lot busier?

Again if the supporters went away matches they wouldnt know how busy burslem would be..... it certainly wouldnt be a bad thing for burslem.

I really dont see an issue with sharing facilities for a limited period..... its not my home its a place I visit to watch the team I support.... it used to be in hanley.... [just before my time]... now its in burslem..... I dont get sentimental about inanimate objects.... not even when I own them.

If they paid 10% to vale that they pay now it would be a nice wedge at the end of the season.... plus catering... car park etc

Again if the supporters went away matches they wouldnt know how busy burslem would be..... it certainly wouldnt be a bad thing for burslem.

I really dont see an issue with sharing facilities for a limited period..... its not my home its a place I visit to watch the team I support.... it used to be in hanley.... [just before my time]... now its in burslem..... I dont get sentimental about inanimate objects.... not even when I own them.

If they paid 10% to vale that they pay now it would be a nice wedge at the end of the season.... plus catering... car park etc

as i said before,i aint arguing with that,i think its a great idea, i just wondered what other peoples opinions are,because i believe it is important toget everyones views on such a massive decision.

and you are right, when vale are away then vale fans wont be affected, but people that dont go to vale away will.also times when vale arent playing...what then?

The only potential issue I can see with this is Stoke.

When Stoke play at home, we play away. Now if Coventry start sharing then there will be a clash unless one of the teams start playing their fixtures on a Friday night/Sunday.

This could potentially lose Vale money and be no better off.

Oh and we'd need to make sure the groundstaff get all the equipment and support they need as the pitch will be twice as knackered up.

I cant really.I think his main idea is to be a go between between the council,stadium owners & CCFC.Maybe something like happened at Vale and get the council to help out CCFC.

As for ST holders it look like IF it was to happen then it would be next season anyway.So people who bought a ST would know all about it and have no grounds to claim a refund.

Could be in January, the whole point is for Cov to prove they have some where to play if they are barred from the Ricoh, and so fulfil thier fixtures this season.

Archived