onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

SC update

MattW

I know (Gaz?), I understand totally. It was just the way it came across to me, and therefore probably to others. However, it's nowt major.

same here - I felt a bit "torn" having been so grateful all the work the SC have done over the last year or so, I felt guilty for feeling "annoyed" by the statement

Advert

400 is plenty considering the day and time. There will be full feedback via all the usual channels. I just don't see any problem with Smurth & Wildes going via RS. The SC will always be there.

Initially I dont think the SC were invited.

I dont think there is a problem it just seems odd to me that after saying they want everything to come through the SC they go a different route themselves and dont invite them. I cant see the point of doing it through RS if it isnt being broadcast live [i think].

As I have said before [i think] the SC are probably the first place the fans go to for information of this kind, it was placed on the official site and fans wanted information so they contacted the SC but the SC hadnt been informed.... no criticism it just seems odd

Fair play Geo, but you and I know that Gary Benson will be there anyway. More to the point - so will 400 persons who are prob SC members. I just don't see the mither mate. I don't know this for a fact, but I would guess RS will use "highlights" on their lovely pro Vale station and others will record / post enough of it for us all to get the flavour. If I can be there (doubtful) I will. O'wise my "golden" ticket will go to another VTID with a computer etc. Not a problem.

Fair play Geo, but you and I know that Gary Benson will be there anyway. More to the point - so will 400 persons who are prob SC members. I just don't see the mither mate. I don't know this for a fact, but I would guess RS will use "highlights" on their lovely pro Vale station and others will record / post enough of it for us all to get the flavour. If I can be there (doubtful) I will. O'wise my "golden" ticket will go to another VTID with a computer etc. Not a problem.

I just don't see the mither mate

I dont think there is any mither Pete.... I think Gary may be the only SC rep available to go now he has had an invite [i think].... It just seems an odd situation to get into... Im not saying it was intentional or malicious... just strange... after such strong statements about the SC they are overlooked.

Its probably a leftover from mold, like the fax machine and broken hand dryers etc

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the email update from the Supporters Club criticising the organisation of the fans forum and that they haven't been involved in its organisation or that it is an all ticket first come first served 400 only event.

Lets give Smurf and Wildes chance and see what they are all about before we begin to criticise again. Now is a time that we need be united not in fighting like we have been for last 3 years (at least).

I have not seen the E-mail.... did the Supporters Club actually criticise or just inform?.... they havent been involved in the organisation... it is an all ticket event.... it is restricted to 400.... and it is first come first served.

If the club want input from the fans strictly through the SC its seems odd that when organising such an event you bypass the SC. Surely it would reinforce the path to be taken for communication with the club to use the SC for such events and would strengthen the relationship between the club and SC. Im not being critical just observing and commenting.

Wouldn't say it was too critical?

Sounds like a balls up from the the 'old guard' within the club infrastructure who chose to revert to type and ignore the SC even though Mr Smurf had encouraged everyone to go the SC if they wished to make comments or suggestions.

Seems more like miscommunication. I'm sure it will get sorted

Just seen the email, and I think it came over far too critical. It wasnt long since the fans were being locked out by the club.

Whats critical? people were asking questions of the SC about the forum they replied they didnt know except for the information provided... 400 tickets etc.

Maybe it's a move to get back fans connecting with the club. The SC does tend to have the same faces attending and the pack mentality view which comes over.

Maybe they want to get some more representive views from the whole fan base and fear the same few voices have dedicated the direction so far?

Only a suggestion like - but The Sentinel and RS are involved, so seems they are concerned about getting the media on board.

Archived