onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Online Club Shop

mikewortho12

Advert

I think you'll find that it has already been bought by someone after the club let the domain name expire! Presumably whoever purchased it will now try and sell it for a profit back to PV.

I put this question to the buyer, just minutes after he had bought it. He denies that this is the case.

Does anybody know Chris Shaw's email address ?

As a update for everyone I emailed Chris Shaw and got an immediate reply to say 'We are working our hardest to get the website up and running and in line with the new owners current system'

He apologised as well. at least the quick reponse gave me some comfort to know (if there was any doubt) that the new regime seem to value their customers more than the last.

The last two to three months during our period in Administration saw a sad lack of choices and merchandise available in the Club Shop.

I wanted to use a couple of Vouchers that I had won on OVF via Guess The Crowd. I was looking to buy a training top for the Gym etc but most of the sizes had gone and with us been in Admin at the time we couldn't re-stock or anything.

Ended up buying a couple of the Blue away Shirts from a few seasons ago at a knock-down 5 quid each for me and Sister.

I am struggling to see how it is so difficult to get the shop back up and running again. If the original site cannot be used (for example if they didn't keep a backup) then a new shop can be created in a day, even if it was only on a temporary platform. I believe they want to keep it in line with their corporate deal, but that could come later. Someone needs to get their finger out or, at the very least, make a statement.

So if you know the buyer and have posed this question, what does he or she want the domain for?

This.

I paid 70 dollars with vouchers worth 60 dollars ('cos I got it through the company I already have a few domain names registered with) so 10 dollars = six pounds 25 p of your English money for two years. I'll set it up as a general site for all links Vale or pass it on to the club when there is some functioning website worth passing it on to pass it on to. If anyone wants to use it (free of charge) or has a better suggestion - you can let me know.

Been in a few times to try and buy my nephews presents and I have to say the Vale club shop has to be one of the most depressing retail experiences you could ever have. It's like a charity shop with some of the tacky tankards, pens, old t shirts etc.

Needs to be the number one priority for the new owners, it doesn't matter whether it's millions of Man Utd fans buying Nike or thousands of Vale fans buying Vandanel, fans want to wear up to date kits and leisurewear and they want the facility to buy it online. It's even more criminal when it's Christmas which is the second busiest time after pre season for flogging merchandise.....

It is a very depressing setup with equally depressing products. I was in last week to buy the new home kit and the yellow kit - strangely I had to pay for the yellow kit with cash and the new kit on my debit-card. Very odd!

I thought Smurf and Wildes would have whipped the shop into shape very quickly, even as a priority task with xmas fast approaching, but it seems worse than ever.

Now we've got no problems with cash-flow surely its not that difficult to stock a decent range of merchandise in a friendly and well organised shop that offers online facilities. Sometimes the welcome you get is so frosty, you almost feel guilty for walking through the door and disturbing them with your hard-earned cash!

Absolute joke no online shop you can only begin to imagine the loss of cash the shop and the online business has cost us. Presents from wives family kids etc etc

How many pairs of slippers would we have sold

How mant shirts gloves , fleece this business should be worth up to 5 million per year net and 2 million profit

in the hands of the right man

How do I know I have run the most successful retail and Internet businesses in the last 20 years I have contacts in the manufacturing and import from India I have made 15 million a year for my current business

Really annoys me that our club shop operation is still a shambles when I know for a fact how much could be ploughed into the club/ team from its profits it really ain't difficult when the team is doing so well apart from our usual shirts t shirts etc etc i would have the following shops online

Vales fancy dress pope costumes boomer etc etc

Christmas gift shop boxed branded socks gloves undies wallets etc etc

Retro vale 1970 s 80s 90s

Vale art shop

Free delivery next day exchanges refunds in club shop

Any advice smurf feel free to call for my sanity and the supporters

Absolute joke no online shop you can only begin to imagine the loss of cash the shop and the online business has cost us. Presents from wives family kids etc etc

How many pairs of slippers would we have sold

How mant shirts gloves , fleece this business should be worth up to 5 million per year net and 2 million profit

in the hands of the right man

How do I know I have run the most successful retail and Internet businesses in the last 20 years I have contacts in the manufacturing and import from India I have made 15 million a year for my current business

Really annoys me that our club shop operation is still a shambles when I know for a fact how much could be ploughed into the club/ team from its profits it really ain't difficult when the team is doing so well apart from our usual shirts t shirts etc etc i would have the following shops online

Vales fancy dress pope costumes boomer etc etc

Christmas gift shop boxed branded socks gloves undies wallets etc etc

Retro vale 1970 s 80s 90s

Vale art shop

Free delivery next day exchanges refunds in club shop

Any advice smurf feel free to call for my sanity and the supporters

Sounds like you should have purchaced the club

I have been employed by an American company for best part of 20 years would have been in no position to get any where near he cash to purchase the club I have supported for 40 years. Would my dream job to bring my know how to vale would guarantee a million pounds plus profit year one and above and beyond from then you would see a club shop

and online shop stocked full of stuff you could not help yourself from buying

This years must have a one sie I would import the said garment for 3 quid and charge you 14.99 with various vale slogans

I would also have a site with your requests for slogans songs any thing you the fans feel you want and I could sell for the cause

Smurf I will be in touch

Archived