onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flags of old

FRITTER

Advert

We need some more flags at the Vale, I've seen the New Inn one in the paddock and it looks good

I would take mine (Bradwell Valiants) to home games if I could find somewhere suitable to display it. Where is the New Inn one hung up? I try to take mine to away games but sometimes (Bradford) they (stewards) get a bit uppity about advertising hoardings and seats being covered. Sometimes (Plymouth) they are so helpful, they have already thought about it, and all the away flags are together in a "TV / photography friendly" location. I have to admit mine is a bit tatty these days, but it still means a lot to me. (Pnaaar fnaar):upthevale:

We beat Millwall 2-1 at the New Den in a game they were expected to win comfortably as their new Russian international signings were making their debuts.

Mick McCarthy was disgusted that they'd lost to us and said in his post match interview "Port Vale are not a good team". Two weeks later we drew against Everton at Goodison. Millwall were relegated.

That must be the game I was thinking of, not sure where 3-0 came from......possibly Barnsley away where we played in their away kit?

I used to have a huge union jack with port vale written on in black marker, it was nicked, at exeter away the season we won the autoglass. Not that game though the league game when an exeter fan ran on the pitch to have a go at the ref.

Anyone want to own up to that?

I only saw it once again at bloomfield rd behind the goal, unfortunately i was in that crappy paddock.

• 3 weeks later...
There was the massive one that Beza had at White Hart in Tunstall .Brilliant flag and ****** heavy when packed away in its bag!!!!

What a great old(e) flag that was,looked about 30ftx20ft how big was it?to the fans going to the match..have a great day and give em a shout for those who cant be there!!!

Well what a load of b*****ks. I trudged about half a mile with the flag and when I arrived at the turnstile the flag was taken off me because I HADN'T got a fire certificate for it. I had to go and collect flag after the game. What on earth is going on in this f****ng country.

Does anyone remember Sjoke fans going ballistic over a 'good luck Leicester from Seth & The Vale' flag at Filbert St in the playoff semi final about 1995?
yes mate ****** loved it but I CONNA get me head around what happened today and f*****G rate P****d off. ??????????????

• 1 month later...

The oldest flag I remember was second hand Union Jack and Vale fans acquired it in 1965 - Some one put Port Vale FC in white but when you got close to it you could see that it used to have another name that had been in something like insulating tape and you could still see where the sticky stuff had been. Think it spelled W A L S A L L :D

Archived