onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Player of the season.......... So far?

Boslem Boy

Given last nights win at Fleetwood I think most supporters are starting to believe that this COULD be our season. The change in fortunes has been a surprise given the loss of 3 "big stars" from last season.

Some of the reasons given for the performances have been;

Neal in goal - The best keeper we've had for years giving the defense more confidence.

McDonald - playing with authority, maybe because of Neal/no court case hanging over his head'

Vincent/ Myrie - Williams - Adams has changed his formation introducing wingers with pace.

Shuker - Older, wiser player who can dictate from the middle of the park.

Pope - fitter, selfish and now playing C/F as opposed to target man.

Can we put the change/improvement down to MA or an individual or is it a mixture of personel and formation?

Some may say Pope is our best player so far because of the goals he scored, others may state its 1 of our 2 wingers given their ability and willingness to attack and run at defenders. It's just intersting to see peoples thoughts and who they think has been our best player given our fantastic start to what should be an exciting season.

Advert

I'd say jennison and McDonald and Neil for me, whilst pipe has definatly rose in my book,

Although im proud of every single player that wears the vale top at the moment... As seen with Marc Richards it's not about one player it's a team game, and full credit to Adams iv always stuck behind him and I knew with a little bit of money he could change are fortunes!

As I said whilst we were playing friendlys which I got slated for and called stupid for predicting a top 7 finish... I think st the moment we could better that... So I laugh at all the people that slated me and said that 'at best' we would be lucky to finish mid table...

Confidence is the key. Marc Richards absence and the failure to come out of Admin has 'opened doors'and 'The Pope' and Louis Dodds have been able to prove their worth. Vincent has started to come good after a nervous start and looks better with every game. Jennison Myrie Williams is without doubt a talented player and though I still believe he would have an even greater impact on the left flank he is also proving to be a real danger to opposing defences.

The new keeper has proved how important a good and dominant goalie is and the defence has benefited and have responded magnificently. The midfield is working hard but I do believe that there should be a starting place for Ryan Burge because he is a budding 'playmaker'.

At this time though who can be critical of the team's recent results and Micky Adams team selection.

The best player(s) so far this season.......Ermmmm let me think.

PORT VALE FC.......Collectively. :yes:

The changes made have benefited us to a treat, losing Rico, Griff and Tomo have led to a much better balance and has brought out the best in Morsy, Popey and Dodds, Duffy has started to settle in well, the two wide lads have been a revelation so far and it looks like we've landed the best keeper since Goodlad.

We have a great starting 11 and good options on the bench at the moment,

The defence has looked solid, and a big part of this will be having the confidence in a decent keeper behind them.

Pope looks a different player, with the help of two decent wingers getting better balls into him.

Shuker and Morsy have done well linking the defence and the forward line and Dodds is finding form consistantly.

I think the fact we have played an unchanged side for 8 games tells you that each and every one of them have been fantastic! Long may it continue.

Archived