onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Martin Tideswell... "We are where we are" poll.

Spunk Trumpet

I think the criticism of Martin is very unfair and really uncalled for. He put in a lot of work behind the scenes in the campaign for change. I know we haven't got the result we want and are still in limbo but this is through no fault of Martins.

Correct.

Short memories come to mind wouldnt like to have been in the trenches with some

on here there would be a knife in your back:yes:

Advert

Without Martin's ability to get across in the media the need for change at the Vale I don't think change would have ever happened.

I entirely agree. When the fans websites were broadcasting the message without the support of the local media, it wasn't quite powerful enough to topple the board. There were several reasons for that - it didn't reach the whole fanbase, people didn't trust the views of fan websites and so on.

But once Martin, who lead the Sentinel's expose of the MOLD lot, got the Sentinel onboard, it was 98% of the fanbase who wanted changes in the boardroom. Compared with the Sentinel's coverage during the first EGM, the expose of MOLD was a sea-change and a brave thing to do. But because the Sentinel is respected and has a wider circulation, it had the desired effect.

I think that deserves a hell of a lot of credit as does his work for the SC.

And I must say, claiming that a simple retrospective poll on a personal blog is going to tear the fanbase apart is something of an over-exaggeration, to say the least...

Whether you agree that Martin should have posted the poll or not, and in my opinion, it's no big deal, I think the character assasination on here is completely out of order. Where would we have been had the Sentinel, and Martin in particular had not got involved last december with the nil paid shares fiasco and bringing it to the attention of the wider support base? Regadless of their inactivity in the past (which I myself had been critical of) their involvement at this time was crucial and gave the movement for change some much needed impetus and swayed in my opinion, a significant proportion of fence sitters and those who were previously pro-V2001.

I don't think it's fair now to criticise people who "changed sides" later down the line, let's just be glad that they did. I've said it before and I'll say it again, now the old regime have gone, there's only one group of people who will stop the club moving forward, the fans.

Whether you agree that Martin should have posted the poll or not, and in my opinion, it's no big deal, I think the character assasination on here is completely out of order. Where would we have been had the Sentinel, and Martin in particular had not got involved last december with the nil paid shares fiasco and bringing it to the attention of the wider support base? Regadless of their inactivity in the past (which I myself had been critical of) their involvement at this time was crucial and gave the movement for change some much needed impetus and swayed in my opinion, a significant proportion of fence sitters and those who were previously pro-V2001.

I don't think it's fair now to criticise people who "changed sides" later down the line, let's just be glad that they did. I've said it before and I'll say it again, now the old regime have gone, there's only one group of people who will stop the club moving forward, the fans.

I second that.......................

i cant stand the bloke i messaged him on twitter to express that i think he seems to think he is the second coming and dines out on the back of his "influential" views the guy blocked me and the debate was over loves to think hes the voice of the fans but he is more opinionated than any forum poster and most the time spreads negative garbage

I'm not suprised he blocked you with that tone

The poll is on Martins personal blog, it's not on the Sentinel website.

I think Martin has done, and indeed is doing a GREAT job with his work for the SC and does no way deserve any criticism at all and all the Fans who think otherwise need their heads looking at!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK MARTIN!!

whilst i do not agree with this poll personally, i think the abuse that martin has taken on here is unjustified. martin was pro board at one time , that was a very long time ago , the egm fiasco saw the end of that. it is my belief that without martin throwing his journalistic weight behind helping the pro change movement, people like miller deakin lloyd and bratt etc etc would probably have sucked every last drop of blood from vale and there would have been no saving us. martin is one of us whether or not you like hearing that is up to you , he is a fan and cares passionately . in between all this he is a journo and he still has to earn his wages . those people who are not happy with him please step up at the next pvsc meeting ask him to step down and maybe you could take his place on the committee (just a suggestion like).

people just get off his back and stop with the assassination .

I really don't see what the problem is. At the end of the day MT put the poll on a personal blog. How many people in the city do you think read his blog!! I do think that there wasn't a need to put it out as it seems to be doing nothing but rake up the past but some of the abuse he's getting on here is nothing but daft! I think one poster even used the term 'anti christ' :doh: I reckon if ST hadn't started the thread over half of the posters on it wouldn't have even known about it. Ah well....suppose it is OVF and it's giving someone else a rest! :laugh:

The problem is, why does he want to drag this up? I could drag up a load of stuff on Tideswell and the SC and put it to a poll. E.g. were the SC right to back Miller for the board? was Tideswell right to back "Steady hand on the tiller" Bill? I could go on. He's just looking for justification for his and the SC's actions now that everything has gone **** up. Now I don't blame MT/SC for anything - but angling for a medal like this is a bit pathetic. He's not "influencial" Port Vale columnist as far as I'm concerned. Sandyford Valiant, E+J Jackson, those kind of people are influencial because they peddle informed and reasoned opinions. Not the "I'm a bit of Vale fan who works for the sentinel and so I'm influencial and so you must all love me and tell me I was lways right" type.

Archived