onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Martin Tideswell... "We are where we are" poll.

Spunk Trumpet

The problem is, why does he want to drag this up?

Is it a problem?

I could drag up a load of stuff on Tideswell and the SC and put it to a poll. E.g. were the SC right to back Miller for the board? was Tideswell right to back "Steady hand on the tiller" Bill? I could go on. He's just looking for justification for his and the SC's actions now that everything has gone **** up.

Everything has not gone **** up and events have surely proven they were right

Now I don't blame MT/SC for anything - but angling for a medal like this is a bit pathetic. He's not "influencial" Port Vale columnist as far as I'm concerned.

He's influential on those that read his column and are in some way guided by it

Sandyford Valiant, E+J Jackson, those kind of people are influencial because they peddle informed and reasoned opinions. Not the "I'm a bit of Vale fan who works for the sentinel and so I'm influencial and so you must all love me and tell me I was lways right" type.

If the latter is his motive (and i don't know) then some criticism is fair enough but it's all gone a tad over the top from what I read..if he's not influential why is what he writes an issue?

Advert

oh dear oh dear, some of you really do make me laugh, Martin has been a season ticket holder for a number of years, avid attender of every match and a true Bycars Ender. I don't see what MT has done wrong here if i'm honest, he's a journalist and has written a article/poll or whatever else you want to call it. If it wasn't with the help of MT since Bratt&Co were in charge, we wouldn't of had half of the media coverage that we've received. He's working his backside off still with the SC and on his own. It wasn't so long ago you were backing him up through Deakin/Miller etc! Rant over!

Some of you have gone off on a tangent and attacked Tideswell verbally. That wasnt the aim of the thread.

I personally like the guy but i am miffed as to why he has to keep digging up old ground.

This particular survey of his will do absolutely nothing whatsoever to reunite the fanbase and in my opinion will further divide them with petty arguments left, right and centre, as he is looking for not only a simple yes or no but wants to be contacted with the whys, wheres and whatever elses.

He really should let this drop. Whats happened has happened. It cannot be changed. Lets move on together, ALL of us. Thats my point.

Whether you agree that Martin should have posted the poll or not, and in my opinion, it's no big deal, I think the character assasination on here is completely out of order. Where would we have been had the Sentinel, and Martin in particular had not got involved last december with the nil paid shares fiasco and bringing it to the attention of the wider support base? Regadless of their inactivity in the past (which I myself had been critical of) their involvement at this time was crucial and gave the movement for change some much needed impetus and swayed in my opinion, a significant proportion of fence sitters and those who were previously pro-V2001.

I don't think it's fair now to criticise people who "changed sides" later down the line, let's just be glad that they did. I've said it before and I'll say it again, now the old regime have gone, there's only one group of people who will stop the club moving forward, the fans.

I agree with you 100% Cheeky. At least Martin was man enough to admit that he was wrong for backing Bratt and Co. For me as a 'repentant sinner' he is welcome back to the fold.

I also think since being 'reborn' he had a big influence in spreading the 'Black & Gold' ethos ie 'that Port Vale must go to a new owner' and we should all acknowledge this fact.

I don't welcome his poll but as Sweet Cheeks' says 'it's no big deal'

For me Martin is an OK guy.

I agree with you 100% Cheeky. At least Martin was man enough to admit that he was wrong for backing Bratt and Co. For me as a 'repentant sinner' he is welcome back to the fold.

I also think since being 'reborn' he had a big influence in spreading the 'Black & Gold' ethos ie 'that Port Vale must go to a new owner' and we should all acknowledge this fact.

I don't welcome his poll but as Sweet Cheeks' says 'it's no big deal'

For me Martin is an OK guy.

90% of Vale fans are repentent sinners then as they all backed Bratt & Co from day 1. Some of the comments about Martin are completely wrong and i think are totally out of order.

I don't think that the poll is necessary but think that the personal attack on Martin is unjustified. He and the Supporters club which he was involved with very much did a tremendous amount of good work for the club.

Top man is Martin.

It's interesting how opinions are divided and perhaps sums-up why it's taken the fans so long to realise that change was needed about 5 years ago and not 18 months.

I think that MT had a problem when B&G exclusively backed MC.
So did I which may sound strange as I supported Mo 100%.

In my opinion B&G was to get rid of the last lot and had little to do with who was to be the new owner.

It was about small steps.

Step 1 To get rid of the old board MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Step 2 To bring in a new owner THAT IS DOWN TO THE ADMINISTRATORS.

90% of Vale fans are repentent sinners then as they all backed Bratt & Co from day 1. Some of the comments about Martin are completely wrong and i think are totally out of order.
Yes they were but I was referring to the fact that Martin only withdrew his support for Bratty when he realised that the man talked with a forked tongue.

Often when you are too close you see very little but those who sitting on a fence can see much more!. I think that Martin was far too close to Bill Bratt and considered him a friend and a friend is often the last to be able 'to see the wood from the trees'

The problem is, why does he want to drag this up? I could drag up a load of stuff on Tideswell and the SC and put it to a poll. E.g. were the SC right to back Miller for the board? was Tideswell right to back "Steady hand on the tiller" Bill? I could go on. He's just looking for justification for his and the SC's actions now that everything has gone **** up. Now I don't blame MT/SC for anything - but angling for a medal like this is a bit pathetic. He's not "influencial" Port Vale columnist as far as I'm concerned. Sandyford Valiant, E+J Jackson, those kind of people are influencial because they peddle informed and reasoned opinions. Not the "I'm a bit of Vale fan who works for the sentinel and so I'm influencial and so you must all love me and tell me I was lways right" type.

To be fair the "influential Port Vale columnist" is a description I have applied when covering his blog posts on OVF. It's not a description of his own.

I think you're getting "informed" mixed up with" influential," personally. Eddie Jackson is undoubtedly a Vale legend, for instance, but Martin Tideswell is much more influential because his columns can be read by anyone who buys a Sentinel, visits their website, comes on OVF or visits Martin's blog or Twitter page. He therefore influences a wide audience with his views. Whether those views are "informed and reasoned" are up to his readers to decide. I personally think that they are.

I still believe (as I commented earlier) that the criticism of Martin is completely over the top. He played a major role in bringing about positive change both through the Sentinel and through the SC.

Archived