onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol statement

Doha

4 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Think I would prefer Carol just.  

The fans deserve a share in the club. We won't get it with Carol. At least BB promoted togetherness and made the fans part of the club... Yes it went pear shaped. 

But then again, the last 16 months haven't endeared the fans. Little Port Vale please be grateful you are in existence she may as well say it! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Advert

10 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

The fans deserve a share in the club. We won't get it with Carol. At least BB promoted togetherness and made the fans part of the club... Yes it went pear shaped. 

But then again, the last 16 months haven't endeared the fans. Little Port Vale please be grateful you are in existence she may as well say it! 

Yes and he was one of only 2 people that didn’t lose their share money.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

The club went backwards massively under Bratt. What happened to the council money while under his watch. He never once put his hands in his pockets like Carol has. Bratt was not as bad as Smurf but that is such a low benchmark does not say anything for him at all.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

The club went backwards massively under Bratt. What happened to the council money while under his watch. He never once put his hands in his pockets like Carol has. Bratt was not as bad as Smurf but that is such a low benchmark does not say anything for him at all.

Did Bill Bell put hands in his pocket. How does a football club make it's money. By being a football club that wins games.!! 

On 21/04/2024 at 12:01, Killersrevenge44 said:

He did leave with his shares money but then who wouldn't after all the abuse! 

Peter Coates also fcked off from Stoke but came back stronger. Forgiveness is possible! 

While everyone else lost their share money, tells you everything about the man and why he is so despised.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

There are very few people happy to write off a million a year minimum.

Even less with the desire and means to lose 5m a year to finish in the top 6 of League 1.

Virtually no one who would spend 15m to keep us in the Championship.

Lower league football is a circus and a financial black hole - hence why it attracts unsavoury characters, as good people without ulterior motives (and retain sanity) want nothing to do with it.

That is still a kind of scaremongering still though.

Unless you are the owner of a club, which obviously you are not (no disrespect with that comment because I agree with everything you post) then with us being just normal supporters, we just don't know.

The world is such a smaller place these days and such a richer place too

I will state this again, I do not want  Carol to sell. I'm jus making the argument against people saying their is nobody out there that would want to buy the club etc

I'm glad that she is going to have a go at putting things right next season even though I do not agree with everything she put in her open letter on Saturday.

I do also believe that when Carol does decided to sell, this year , next year, in 5 years time or 10 years time, then I truly believe that she will find even better owners than what she is.

But I hope she sticks around for a very long time and learns the lessons of the past 18 months

50 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Just wondering why you think the fans deserve a share in the club?  The fans have a voice via the fans forum.

The owners bought the club with their own money.  May be I missed things, but when did the fans all club together and put the money down as part payment with the current owners when they paid over the odds to save the club from the blue sihte one. 

Just wondering.  Suppose you also think all companies should have given you shares in their company when you haven't paid anything to buying/running of the company.  Same example as the club.

If the owners said we are floating shares in the club and fans can buy shares, then yes those fans would/should have a say in the club is run, but they haven't.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Did Bill Bell put hands in his pocket. How does a football club make it's money. By being a football club that wins games.!! 

What are you going on about ?

He never dipped his hands in his pocket, he just took took and took. 

Did i read on here many years ago or did I dream it up that in exchange for some free new windows at his home, he gave a contract to a  window firm to fit all the new windows on the Lorne Street Stand? 

Maybe you can confirm if that is true Bill?

Under Bill Bratt, we were relegated and lost to Chasetown which is pretty much the most embarrassing result in the clubs history -

Then we went into administration with him at the helm.

Well done with all the above my pal Bill

8 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Did i read on here many years ago or did I dream it up that in exchange for some free new windows at his home, he gave a contract to a  window firm to fit all the new windows on the Lorne Street Stand? 

Under Bill Bratt, we were relegated and lost to Chasetown which is pretty much the most embarrassing result in the clubs history -

He brought MA back to the club. A feat in itself. 

13 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Let's blame Carol for the past 18 months.Flitcroft was under her helm! 

52 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Anyone talking about Bill Bratt as having Vale at heart and worth getting back on board is mentally ill.

I would be a bit bitter myself if I lost money... I know what it feels like... Don't forget Bratty administered the cheapest season tickets recorded for any season... Swings and roundabouts.