onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol statement

Doha

Advert

2 minutes ago, Osh said:

How many times does she have to tell you that they will be rebuilt over the closed season. Doh!

Some of the toilet obsession is a bit sad now 😆 yes it’s not ideal but jeez. Only one more game to piss in your pants & a bucket! 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

He did leave with his shares money but then who wouldn't after all the abuse! 

Peter Coates also fcked off from Stoke but came back stronger. Forgiveness is possible! 

Unless your name is Carol Shanahan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Old School said:

We can go on and on and round and round with pro and anti Carol posts. It will not change a thing, Carol will still be the owner/chairwoman and Darren Moore will still be the manager, unless there is another multi millionaire ready to buy a club haemmoraging £65k a week. Accordingly I will give Carol the benefit of the doubt regarding her latest missive and watch with interest to see if it manifests into positive actions. 

I have had a few rants about results, performances and attitudes, but as a lifelong Vale fan I will be there next Saturday and next season supporting the team I love. Hopefully the majority of you will be right there with me.

Will you be clapping the player lap of shame! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Has she repaired the bogs yet? 

It’s already been stated by the club, the toilets are a bit more than a repair job. Through neglect by previous owners, the concrete roof has caved in, this is a chunk of concrete that probably weighs about 5 tons so when that dropped it probably wiped out every thing inside the bogs. 
to do the complete rebuild will mean temporarily loosing the entrance and exit to the railway which would have meant a drastically reduced capacity, that’s why it’s a job for the closed season.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Bill Bratt is a dreadful, dreadful man and is despised by a good proportion of PVFC fans. They say he finally left our football club was absolutely fantastic. Awful bloke.

Are you related to him/a mate?

*the day he finally left

Carol's letter is rightly apologetic but the one area where - in due course - we need to see more explanation is the need for restructuring within the club.

On the playing side, this is going to be difficult, given the number of underperforming players still under contract, and expensive. To start with, we have to put right the glaring deficiencies we know about from this season including two full/wing backs, two strikers who can actually put the ball in the net, and at least one dominant centre half and one dominant midfield player. It's possible, even likely, that three or four of our better players will be leaving for other clubs, so they too will need to be replaced along with, I would say, four or five other first choice players so that we can relegate the dross we've seen this season to the bench. That's possibly as many as fourteen or fifteen new players so I hope that Carol has deep pockets because the thought of the majority taking the field now turning out in League 2 would be a recipe for disaster.

Players aside, the one restructuring issue that Carol does not address in her latest letter is the most important (the elephant in the room you might say): how she intends to hold the manager accountable for results on the pitch. In our previous structure, she naively delegated all footballing matters to a single individual - with disastrous results. Aside from being too close to the DoF, she was, it appears, letting him mark his own homework for the lack of any depth of understanding and independent advice within the club. The Board (apart from Rudgie) appears to lack any depth of footballing experience or football strategy and without a strategic core of Non-Executive Directors who can fulfil this role (for example, experienced former players or coaches with management experience) she has no independent source of advice on the Board to help her steer the club through choppy waters. If we don't strengthen this aspect of the club, we are going to find that history will repeat itself.

Lot to do then - and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

• Like 4

At the moment to some fans Carol is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't no matter what she says or does. What do some fans want, Carol in the "Stocks" outside the main entrance to Vale Park on Monday morning at 10 00am?

Relegation has happened and it hurts and it's obvious to everyone connected with the club why it has happened and as long as lessons are learned and these mistakes not repeated then the Vale will bounce back.

PVFC is in much safer hands than it was the last time it was relegated from Lge 1.

Although I'm gutted about relegation, it isn't gonna change my allegiance and commitment to PVFC.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Old School said:

We can go on and on and round and round with pro and anti Carol posts. It will not change a thing, Carol will still be the owner/chairwoman and Darren Moore will still be the manager, unless there is another multi millionaire ready to buy a club haemmoraging £65k a week. Accordingly I will give Carol the benefit of the doubt regarding her latest missive and watch with interest to see if it manifests into positive actions. 

I have had a few rants about results, performances and attitudes, but as a lifelong Vale fan I will be there next Saturday and next season supporting the team I love. Hopefully the majority of you will be right there with me.

For me it's a clean slate next season 

But I want to see carol backing the manager to the hilt because at the end of the day actions speak louder than words imo anyway let's see what happens, Keep the faith and Up the Vale 👍😬

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

What a load of <ovf censored> from carol new she would come out with this especially season tickets going on sale if anybody falls for this crap then they deserve the club that they’ve got  with her in charge next season we will finish in the bottom 6 for sure 

Would you like to put a wager on your certainty?

Loser pays to the charity of choice of the winner.