onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

14 minutes ago, wurzel valiant said:

Just got back home after driving back to Somerset. Haven't read the thread but I will give my opinion of what I saw today. First half well worth the 2 goal lead without playing particularly well but didn't have to because Exeter were toothless in attack and Vale were on the front foot. Second half started and alarm bells started to ring straight away. In their first attack Exeter almost scored but were only denied a goal by Ripley pulling off a fine reflex save. From the on it was very much one way traffic towards the Vale goal. Vale seemed to sit back and try to protect their lead with the almost inevitable consequence of conceeeding goals. We got battered second half with weakness at full back being exploited ruthlessly. Their keeper had nothing to do second half, Vale's only shot hitting the Hamil Rd stand roof

And what genius tactical plan did the manager come up with. He took Uche off and replaced him with Jensen Weir. So up front we had no physical presence to occupy the Exeter central defenders. Today we witnessed the recruitment shortcomings of this season. Exeter playing poorly made substitutions that altered the course of the game and improved significantly. Vale had nobody on the bench that was capable of turning the game back in our favour. Relegation now beckons and it will be deserved on that performance and many others this season. 

Yes a good summing up! A tired Uche was surely worth keeping on longer, tiring yes , but he geed  up the crowd . Dreadful second half performance and Port Vale fans deserve a lot better than that capitulation.  Tremendous fans  supporting them in the first half, but they couldn't repay us in the second half.  We've done our part and would like a committeed performance for 90 minutes. Great goal from chizzy and some good first half movement, but football is a 90 minute game unfortunately 

• Like 2

Advert

3 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

You are thick.

My point is that you stated we had a mediocre league 2 squad when were in that league and didn’t build on it in league 1! 
That’s what you said.

So by that analysis, of yours, when we go down we will have, at best, a mediocre league 2 squad.

Comprende?

There’s no point. Absolutely Wally 😂

• Haha 1

You are thick.

My point is that you stated we had a mediocre league 2 squad when were in that league and didn’t build on it in league 1! 
That’s what you said.

So by that analysis, of yours, when we go down we will have, at best, a mediocre league 2 squad.

Comprende?

Yes that's what I said

So what's your point?

We had a league 2 squad and when we came up we didn't build on it so inevitably we get relegated with a squad good enough for league 2

That's what I said

What's stupid about what I said?

This time don't repeat what you have said which is just saying exactly what I've said.

It’s not over yet mate. Must win on Tuesday
Yh I no mate. I've chilled out a bit now and will drag myself down there Tues night, but only for our supporters(solidarity and all that) and for the father in law who can barely see now. He's been going since he was 4 and is 75 now. Misses kicked me up the arse saying you don't have to support Vale, support Liverpool or someone ffs as if don't know who's more mental, me or her
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, PVFC FAN said:

Yes that's what I said

So what's your point?

We had a league 2 squad and when we came up we didn't build on it so inevitably we get relegated with a squad good enough for league 2

That's what I said

What's stupid about what I said?

This time don't repeat what you have said which is just saying exactly what I've said.

You actually stated we had a mediocre league 2 squad!

Just <ovf censored> off.

Youre on a windup up or very very special.

Right now I’m praying you aren’t Patrick because if you are, and you are employed by this club, we are more <ovf censored> than I thought we were.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So, for anyone looking for a picture-perfect example of a slow motion car crash, show them the 2nd half of today’s game. 

The players - not that (m)any seem to give a rats - hang your heads in shame. 

Today was a microcosm of our season. A few encouraging signs, but fundamentally flawed through a confused system of playing, weak mentality (I agree with DM on that much), complete lack of leadership, poor physicality, plus awful management. 

If they are mid-table L1, then we are absolutely light years off being competitive in this league, because that was a 2nd half to rival that at Barnsley.

It’s done me. It’s going to need some summer to convince me to watch us ploughing away in L2 again next year.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, mattpvfc said:
2 hours ago, Alfie1962 said:
Never going let this club spoil my weekend again.

Don't then mate I stopped doing it 5 years ago

I won't stop mate but trying to not get down when lose and to up when we win

2 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Just <ovf censored> off.

Right now I’m praying you aren’t Patrick because if you are, and you are employed by this club, we are more <ovf censored> than I thought we were.

Yeah but 😂😂😂

That Wynne looks a real player. Linked up well, strong in the tackle, seems very sharp and fit considering he’s missed 95% of the season. Exactly what we needed to bring in and really solidified the defence. I’ve always thought we were one short of being a formidable, consistent back line and we’ve finally found the missing piece. Great bit of business and we can finally breathe easy going into this last stretch.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Letting a dof control the recruitment is the reason we’re in this mess in the first place 🤦‍♂️ if Moore stays he needs to get his own players in 

God help us. I don’t want someone who thinks that Tom sang is a centre half and Jensen weir is a striker to have any say in what players the club signs. 

• Like 3

Just <ovf censored> off.

Ye we did have a mediocre L2 squad and only just made play offs. We didn't build on th squad and barely survived. We didn't build again and now we are vout to get relegated with our league 2 squad.

If you don't ad anything it doesn't get any better

Its like 1 + 0 =1 (same as before) if that gets through your thick skull.

What's your point? 

Initially you repeated my point and called me an idiot. 

I asked why and all you have done is repeat what I've said over and over without saying anything intelligent.