onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Shanahans First Words

Bede

4 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

theyve cut back too far and are paying the price not only now but next season and for the next few seasons - alot of fans have had enough of being taken for granted - they also think it will be easy to get promotion again next season - we all know its not that simple.

How these two nieve innocents abroad ever thought that they could run a football club beggars belief, I think JR warned them in the early days, now that nievity as come back to haunt them and ruin all what was achieved. Those they sacked must be smiling and thankful they were gone from this mess, it obvious now that the "Qeen is in the altogether the altogether " the signs are all their , no saviours only misguided intent.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Advert

Think that's  bit pathetic Stamford.

When we have an owner who, for the very first time in my memory (1957 started watching) who has actually invested in the club rather than shafting it that is poor mate.

£11,000,000 is it at the last count? 

If it was me and you were a typical fan I would just say 'uk you'.

Are you going to fill the gap?

The Shanahan's (particularly Carol) deserve our support at the minute IMHO

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

First off ... they paid well over the odds to keep our club in existence and no an alternative Fairy Godmother was not standing in the wings.

Secondly ... in addition to buying the club the Shanahan's provided the finance to take us into league 1.

Thirdly ... the investment to ensure the club could and can play at Vale Park has been £11M

Finally Someone who put nothing into Vale and took everything out ... Flitcroft is the culprit and Carol's mistake was to Trust him. 

Perhaps we need to show support not belittle.

• Like 9

First off ... they paid well over the odds to keep our club in existence and no an alternative Fairy Godmother was not standing in the wings.
Secondly ... in addition to buying the club the Shanahan's provided the finance to take us into league 1.
Thirdly ... the investment to ensure the club could and can play at Vale Park has been £11M
Finally Someone who put nothing into Vale and took everything out ... Flitcroft is the culprit and Carol's mistake was to Trust him. 

Your wasting your time, some of the comments and jibes against the Shanahans are disgraceful.

I never liked Flitcroft still don't but I don't remember anyone moaning about him when we got promoted, hindsights a wonderful thing, I would love to know what the critics alternatives are, assuming they have an alternative.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Flitcroft still a director.

Source: Companies House.

Are you sure he’s gone??

You know that companies don’t have to update it immediately, yeah?

Once a year companies are obliged to file a confirmation statement confirming the directors. And they file new directors when they come on to the board. 

So yes, very sure.

13 minutes ago, Valient1961 said:

We as supporters want our owners to invest more money into our clubs for success but some supporters, not all but a large percentage moan if they put our season tickets up in price . Who’d be an owner . VTID 

Do you think season ticket prices should go up if we go down?

3 hours ago, andy jones said:

Just getting some clarity on your thirdly comment.

Without 11 million investment the club wouldn’t have a stadium to play in? 

• Haha 1

You know that companies don’t have to update it immediately, yeah?
Once a year companies are obliged to file a confirmation statement confirming the directors. And they file new directors when they come on to the board. 

So yes, very sure.

Not strictly true as you would usually submit a form TM01 to Companies House, and these would show online within 24hrs of filing.

It does appear quickly but my point is, they’re under no rush to update the filings yet. There’s no conspiracy. 

I agree there’s no conspiracy, but it does seem odd that the club announced Colin Garlick was leaving on 31st March 2023 and filed the TM01 on 4th April 2023. Perhaps DF will need to be removed as a director as he was unwilling to resign? Again, no conspiracy, though the removal process would take longer.

Just look at the improvement in virtually everything PVFC from the day the Shanahans took over to now.

Just for the  record Carol says around 6 mins 30 secs, "First and foremost it's a football club and success on the pitch is what it's all about", so her main focus is clear although events on the pitch this season haven't gone to plan.

Exactly why recruitment has been so poor resulting in the current predicament in Lge 1 will likely never be known, If we go down it can/will be rectified.