3 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Midfield players IMO don't look too bad as long as we play them in midfield:

Chis

Garrity

Ojo

Grant

Sang

Walters

Although, appreciate some could go BUT depth doesn't look bad.

Thoughts????

Sang & Grant haven’t been played in midfield once so that list prob goes down to 4. For league 2 that would be more than capable in my eyes, not sure I’d like to see Ojo stay if I’m honest after his last couple of months. His attitude is terrible

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

Advert

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

Sang & Grant haven’t been played in midfield once so that list prob goes down to 4. For league 2 that would be more than capable in my eyes 

But what do we reckon if we did play them all as midfielders? For me, depth would be pretty decent for League 2.

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

If MK Dons don’t make it up via the playoffs I’d love us to raid them for Max Dean & Dan Kemp. 

We’ll be in the same league as them after a horror season, why would they leave with the state Vale are in?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diego Maradona said:

But what do we reckon if we did play them all as midfielders? For me, depth would be pretty decent for League 2.

Yeah agreed more than enough, but why would we play them in midfield. They’re both obviously seen as wing backs for some bizarre reason 

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

We’ll be in the same league as them after a horror season, why would they leave with the state Vale are in?

Players are always joining teams from the same division tho, most teams who go down aim to come back up. I’m not saying we will because I don’t think we will not for a while to be honest but it all comes down to money I suppose. Two great players at that level nonetheless. Just saying those two id love to be at vale mate 

Edited by Vtid

This squad has a losing mentality so the fewer we have stay the better in my opinion, only ones I’d like to keep would be Garrity, Chislett & Dipepa but suspect these may all get offers from other clubs,  the likes of Ripley, Smith, Cass, Plant, Shorrock I’d be okay with at Lg2 level as part of the squad, as for the majority of the rest can’t say I’d want to see any of them again as they either lack any of the following qualities : fitness/fight/ability

Maybe we should just rebuild our last lg2 side back again, let’s give Worrall, Benning, Pett, Hall, Proctor & Gibbons a call, at least these guys had some of what the above lack!

Edited by valerule4ever
  • Like 2

Letting go of Worrall who was one of the few players we had with high end league 1 experience with Millwall was a stupid, moronic decision. 

How Michael Brown managed to convince him to sign with us after we got relegated last time to league 2 and he had just been promoted to the championship with Millwall where he had been a regular was truly a wonderful bit of business. 

Flitcroft never came close to anything like that. 

• Like 3

Release: Wilson, Wynne, Massey

Keep for 1st team: Chis, Garrity, Ripley,

Keep for backup: Uche, Smith, Yak, Clarke, Sang (as a CM),

Try and get rid of: Loft, Jones, Lowe, Debrah, Grant

Play 4-3-3 and utilise wingers.

Ripley

New RB - New CB - New CB - New LB

Garrity - Ojo - Chislett

New Winger - New Striker - New winger

7 new signings. All first teamers.

That should be enough to stay up if we recruit properly, even if we can't move any on.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Release: Wilson, Wynne, Massey

Keep for 1st team: Chis, Garrity, Ripley,

Keep for backup: Uche, Smith, Yak, Clarke, Sang (as a CM),

Try and get rid of: Loft, Jones, Lowe, Debrah, Grant

Play 4-3-3 and utilise wingers.

Ripley

New RB - New CB - New CB - New LB

Garrity - Ojo - Chislett

New Winger - New Striker - New winger

7 new signings. All first teamers.

That should be enough to stay up if we recruit properly, even if we can't move any on.

Why have you said release Wynne when you haven’t seen him play.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vtid said:

He isn’t tho is he 😂 he’s half decent on the ball but he can’t defend & is weak as piss. No better or worse than what we have for me 

He's better than what we've got trust me 

And I reckon a few other posters on here will back me up on that as well 👍

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

He's better than what we've got trust me 

And I reckon a few other posters on here will back me up on that as well 👍

All opinions, the problem is none of our defenders are head & shoulders above another. They all have some assets & all have horrendous mistakes in them. Good defences are steady, consistent & don’t make silly mistakes all the time. Something we lack in. I’d be happy with Cass back in league 2