onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Its not as clear cut as people may think. There are 2 of our players in front of Ripley and I think smith is playing the lad on that scored. 

Sorry, just saw the player behind, I thought it was a fuzzy screenshot.

Edited by MelbourneValiant
  • Like 2

Advert

15 minutes ago, Old School said:

Thanks to Carol's blind loyalty (stupidity) we are lumbered for the foreseeable future with a total incompetent running the football side of things. Fraudcroft gave us a squad miles below the required standard for league 1 and I have every confidence that he will give us a squad miles below the required standard for league 2. I honestly don't think that Carol realises the scale of catastrophe about to be visited upon the club. It isn't just the relegation, it is the loss of revenue due to thousands of supporters not just sick and tired of awful performances and results, but those very same supporters being patronised then insulted by the clubs owner and president. For fans who like myself have played, coached, managed and watched football for decades to be told that we basically don't understand what we are seeing, and this by someone who openly states that she knows nothing about football, is insulting to the nth degree.

Everything bad and negative about the clubs footballing fortunes can be laid fairly and squarely at the feet of one person.

What did we ever do to deserve a con artist like him?

Incidentally Carol's investment has probably taken a 60% hit to its value. 

Food for thought Mrs Shanahan?

Put it this way if she persists In keeping Fraudcroft in situ we're heading for the Vanarama, no doubt about it and The value of the club will nosedive even more she is playing a very dangerous game at the moment ,feeling dejected and disillusioned, ffs Carol get a grip before we drop like a stone

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Colin Garlick didn’t even work 3 days notice if I’m correct.

He left under a cloud. 
Like many others.

Steve Speed anyone? 
The pitch is <ovf censored> by the way.

Time we started asking those hard questions to the owner. And why she has a phrase along the lines of when you’re not needed anymore you’re not wanted anymore.

She may think her new found fame in football is untouchable. 
Crook Norman thought that. 
She needs to understand that football fans of 40,50,60,70 plus years will dig at anything for the sake of THEIR football club.

5 million for vale at the time didn’t add up. 
And yes she saved us. She and Kevin actually. Although he’s anonymous these days. 
And the last 18 months have been baffling to watch as a football project. Which is essentially what we are.

Three to Four failed transfer windows with no striking options and no wing backs. Doesn’t add up.

Her sheer defiance of David Flitcroft doesn’t add up.

Her employing her unqualified son doesn’t add up.

Her crying in the valiant suite and telling fans the players are phenomenal, doesn’t add up.

The players almost look gagged in their performances and the manager, well, he’s singing off the same hymn sheet as the open letter. It doesn’t add up.

I hope I’m wrong. But. Sitting back. Taking a look at a lot of what’s gone on this last 18 months. It doesn’t add up.

And if anything is a miss then the factions that will be will find it out. 

It’s the new , starchy , do as you’re told , Port Vale. Say yes and you’ll be fine , or otherwise you’re out the door. Many who have given great service , have lost their jobs.  Follow the party line. Moore has his hands tied , and he’s working with nothing . It’s very toxic at Vale Park. Carol doesn’t want to admit she was wrong in hiring Flitcroft . The two of them may go down with the ship to the National League , if it stays like this. It wouldn’t surprise me at all. Very sad. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Garlick was good at his job  and 

Fraudcroft is shyte at his job , mate 

I agree with you but they are both entirely positions.

It's like trying to compare someone being a carpenter and then asking them to run a restaurant 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I agree with you but they are both entirely positions.

It's like trying to compare someone being a carpenter and then asking them to run a restaurant 

My point is i reckon Fraudcroft stabbed Garlick In the back , Fraudcroft is incompetent at his job and Garlick should still be at the club, the wrong guy was binned off just saying  🤔

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

The fans are customers/consumers. I hope we don't have to see how many fans have the money and/or the desire or the wherewithal to buy/own the Vale.

The owners needs the fans just the same as the fans need the owners, but the core fans will always be here the owners eventually change

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

I’ll accept most of that apart from Smurthwaite.

That man was a crook. A rogue. A vile piece of <ovf censored> who signed all avenues of Vales revenue to him.

He took money out of the clubs revenue and then put it back in in loans. 
He signed the ground over to him and did everything on the cheap, whilst fleecing the club.

Let’s not EVER make out as though this man admitted any failings, when he knew all along what he was doing.

He was and will forever remain a piece of scum.

And that's exactly why Vale should remain with the Shanahans until they decide to sell up and/or a buyer with demonstrably sufficient money, with Vale at heart comes along. A transition process planned and controlled.

No more Smurthwaites, no more Deakins et al, no more bidders owning a water park and no more fake hedge funds, no more money in bags.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, man in the pub said:

Didn't you know. It's  all part of Port Vale in the Community.The people with no hope,  failures in everything they've ever done, people who can see nothing in their future, we've signed them and given them 2 year contracts.

Yes I agree .        CAROL please can you put the  same effort  in the football club as you have done in the community. I do think the vale are going down I cannot see port vale winning another league game . I am so proud of the vale fans home and away  that attend every home game . The club .   manager carol   and flitchcroft    Should all  be grateful to the fans for turning up as they do . Vale fan are doing there Bit .BUT  It the players Carol manger fliTCROFT MANGERS THAT GETTING the vale relegated . . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Do you know what? I'm not having that line "I haven't got a club about running a football club" from Carol anymore.

She's got a successful business and yet she still know's nothing about running a football club after 5 years?  That's a little bit of crying wolf on her part

Those comments could be aimed at the Coates family down the road and probably most if not the vast majority of owners of a football club in the UK. How many owners of any sizeable private business could claim to know the inside and outside of that business, I doubt many. 

on .more lighter note, we sat on the paddock with half a dozen or so barcelona fans who said they had followed vale for many years from afar. this was their first visit to vale park and (apart from the score) seemed to really enjoy the occasion. they will be at orient on tues as they are stopping in the smoke. say hello and greet them, they seemed great lads. ps we asked   them if messi would become a valiant, ! yeh.

• Like 3

All quite sad that the Shanahans have spent circa 10m for virtually no progress bar a new scoreboard, 2nd changing room, and hospitality lounge. Same league, same level of fan discontent, same attendances probably.

I’m more confident in the situation she inherited in League 2 (Askey, lean backroom, solid group of players, fans united) than what we’ve got going into next year.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

The fans are customers/consumers. I hope we don't have to see how many fans have the money and/or the desire or the wherewithal to buy/own the Vale.

No Paul that is the mindset on how not to run a football club

Where Carol is going wrong is running the club like a clockwork robotic corporation. We all work for corporations and Saturday we want that mindset to be left where it deserves to be left... At the corporation. 

Vale are a football club and a community one we have followed for years. The fans are the club without the fans the club is nothing. 

The culture needs to be changed. If that means a change of owner so be it. 

• Like 2