onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

9 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

The plan:

(Made simple for <ovf censored> heads)

Running a football club with limited financial resources requires careful planning, strategic decision-making, and a focus on long term sustainability. Here are some key principles that such a club should consider lads:

1. Financial prudence:The club should prioritize financial stability above short-term success. This means avoiding excessive spending on player wages and transfer fees that could lead to financial strain. Implementing strict budgeting and financial controls is essential to ensure that the club operates within its means.

2. Investing in youth development: Developing a strong youth academy can be a cost-effective way to nurture homegrown talent and provide a pipeline of players for the first team. By investing in youth development programs, the club can reduce reliance on expensive transfers and build a strong foundation for the future.

3. Scouting and recruitment: Instead of competing for high priced signings in the transfer market, the club should focus on scouting and recruiting talented players with potential. This requires a robust scouting network and a thorough analysis of player performance and potential. Signing players on free transfers or loan deals can also be a cost effective strategy.

4. Maximizing revenue streams: While the club may not have the financial resources of larger clubs, it can still explore opportunities to maximize revenue streams. This could include increasing ticket sales through affordable pricing, securing sponsorship deals with local businesses and leveraging digital and merchandising opportunities to engage fan and generate additional income.

5. Community engagement: Building strong ties with the local community can provide valuable support and resources for the club. This could involve hosting community events, engaging with local schools and youth organizations, and partnering with local busineses to promote the club and its activities. A loyal and engaged fan base can provide crucial support, both financially and emotionally, during challenging times.

6. Long term planning: The club should adopt a strategic approach to planning, with clear short-term and long-term objectives. This includes setting realistic targets for on field performance, financial sustainability, and infrastructure development. By establishing a clear vision and direction, the club can make informed decisions that support its overall goals.

Overall, running a football club with limited financial resources requires a combination of prudent financial management, strategic planning, and a focus on building strong relationships with fans and the local comunity. By prioritizing sustainability and investin in the development of homegrown talent, such a club can overcome financial challenges and thrive in the long term etc etc etc.

I imagine this is what df is going for. 

Lets put it simple, he isnt there yet.

All good however the plan gets blown up because this years playing budget has been squandered on poor senior pros and not addressing glaring needs in a squad for 2 transfer windows.

Look at the potential of L1 next season and the revenue opportunities . Stoke,Sheffield Wed,Stockport,Crewe,Wrexham.

Bare minimum 1 million financial black hole which will have very serious consequences for all of your points and probably some job losses.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Advert

10 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

The plan:

Running a football club with limited financial resources requires careful planning, strategic decision-making, and a focus on long term sustainability. Here are some key principles that such a club should consider lads:

1. Financial prudence:The club should prioritize financial stability above short-term success. This means avoiding excessive spending on player wages and transfer fees that could lead to financial strain. Implementing strict budgeting and financial controls is essential to ensure that the club operates within its means.

2. Investing in youth development: Developing a strong youth academy can be a cost-effective way to nurture homegrown talent and provide a pipeline of players for the first team. By investing in youth development programs, the club can reduce reliance on expensive transfers and build a strong foundation for the future.

3. Scouting and recruitment: Instead of competing for high priced signings in the transfer market, the club should focus on scouting and recruiting talented players with potential. This requires a robust scouting network and a thorough analysis of player performance and potential. Signing players on free transfers or loan deals can also be a cost effective strategy.

4. Maximizing revenue streams: While the club may not have the financial resources of larger clubs, it can still explore opportunities to maximize revenue streams. This could include increasing ticket sales through affordable pricing, securing sponsorship deals with local businesses and leveraging digital and merchandising opportunities to engage fan and generate additional income.

5. Community engagement: Building strong ties with the local community can provide valuable support and resources for the club. This could involve hosting community events, engaging with local schools and youth organizations, and partnering with local busineses to promote the club and its activities. A loyal and engaged fan base can provide crucial support, both financially and emotionally, during challenging times.

6. Long term planning: The club should adopt a strategic approach to planning, with clear short-term and long-term objectives. This includes setting realistic targets for on field performance, financial sustainability, and infrastructure development. By establishing a clear vision and direction, the club can make informed decisions that support its overall goals.

Overall, running a football club with limited financial resources requires a combination of prudent financial management, strategic planning, and a focus on building strong relationships with fans and the local comunity. By prioritizing sustainability and investin in the development of homegrown talent, such a club can overcome financial challenges and thrive in the long term etc etc etc.

Two things there which are BS , Patrick

We are a football club first and foremost 🙄

Not a community centre , 😬

And the scouting and recruitment 

Your taking the P### there 😆

Stevie wonder could do a better 

Job than Fraudcroft at the moment .

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MBE said:

All good however the plan gets blown up because this years playing budget has been squandered on poor senior pros and not addressing glaring needs in a squad for 2 transfer windows.

Look at the potential of L1 next season and the revenue opportunities . Stoke,Sheffield Wed,Stockport,Crewe,Wrexham.

Bare minimum 1 million financial black hole which will have very serious consequences for all of your points and probably some job losses.

Honestly, if I was Carol I would be in front of the players and lay on the line exactly what relegation would mean for her and our club.

Would it work, would they give a hoot? 

I don't know but I doubt I'd be able to contain my frustration at the state of things currently. 

Unfortunately, it seems she's more likely to thank them profusely for coming to play for us.

I wonder if her emotional demeanour on Saturday was triggered by the shouts from the terraces at full-time. Heaven knows where her head is at right now.      

Edited by smithie
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, smithie said:

Honestly, if I was Carol I would be in front of the players and lay on the line exactly what relegation would mean for her and our club.

I don't know but I doubt I'd be able to contain my frustration at the state of things currently. 

Unfortunately, it seems she's more likely to thank them profusely for coming to play for us.

I wonder if her emotional demeanour on Saturday was triggered by the shouts from the terraces at full-time. Heaven knows where he head is at right now.      

I really feel for her to be honest. She's ploughed literally millions into the club, heart and soul, entrusted Flitcroft with the football side and she's been badly let down by his mismanagement.

I keep coming back to it but the senior players he has signed ( except Garrity) have been a disgrace to the profession. The players and the families have been well looked after by Carol and this is the thanks she has had.

• Like 5

On 24/02/2024 at 21:31, Rory said:

Has he gone yet?

Man up Flickers. Take responsibility and admit your mistake. ACT NOW, DAVID!

I am convinced that this man will go down as the worst Port Vale manager in our ENTIRE history. FROM. DAY. ONE.

OUT OUT OUT!

🤡 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, philmpv said:

So:

Crosby out - Achieved
Flitcroft out
Carol out
Darren Moore out
All the players out bar Garrity and Ripley
Patrick out?
Hancock out?

I said when Carol took over that the vicious cycle would repeat itself in a few years, as it's always the fkin same with you lot. And so it has. Some of you really do have very very short memories and demand the earth for the £300 you pay every 12 months.

As for the comment that this team is the worst in 40 years. It's not the worst in 4 years, let alone 40 for Christ's sake.

CBA

Edited by WV
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

The plan:

I’m obviously one of the <ovf censored> because I can’t see how sacking managers off on the back of what is essentially poor recruitment is financially prudent, or shows any long term planning.  In fact sacking managers at a point in the season where the new incumbent can’t recruit players shows no planning whatsoever.  I also can’t see how repeatedly recruiting a squad totally bereft of goals will engage the fans in any way.  It’s hard to compute, for me at least, how relegation will increase ticket sales or bring in more revenue.  As for sustainability, are you telling me that all those “new” season ticket holders we picked up after promotion will be renewing if we’re relegated?  Much of what you say in your post has been wrecked by decisions made presumably by David Flitcroft our DoF.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I really feel for her to be honest. She's ploughed literally millions into the club, heart and soul, entrusted Flitcroft with the football side and she's been badly let down by his mismanagement.

I keep coming back to it but the senior players he has signed ( except Garrity) have been a disgrace to the profession. The players and the families have been well looked after by Carol and this is the thanks she has had.

She has been let down but I felt from the outset that she had unrealistic optimism for growing the attendances. Although it was great to see the enthusiasm and ambition, history shows we've struggled to break the 7-8k barrier even when an established Div 2 (ie Championship) side.

Without ridiculous levels of spending, we were always going to (and probably needed to) stabilise in the third tier. What she maybe didn't twig was that there's no great appetite for mid-table football season in, season out.

I feel sorry for her, but I'm sure she's got her exit route in mind. We're here for life.  

Edited by smithie
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, smithie said:

She has been let down but I felt from the outset that she had unrealistic optimism for growing the attendances. Although it was great to see the enthusiasm and ambition, history shows we've struggled to break the 7-8k barrier even when an established Div 2 (ie Championship) side.

Without ridiculous levels of spending, we were always going to (and probably needed to) stabilise in the third tier. What she maybe didn't twig was that there's no great appetite for mid-table football season in, season out.

I feel sorry for her, but I'm sure she's got her exit route in mind. We're here for life.  

Fair point about attendances.

54 minutes ago, MBE said:

Fair point about attendances.

Yep, there's a natural limit there almost irrespectively of how well we do. That's clearly not understood when you consider the focus we've seen from the Owners on infrastructure. Apart from the obvious move of improving performances, which would help over where we are now of course but which wouldn't be tranformational, if you want to increase the money generated by the infrastructure then you've got to look for more non-football uses for when the facilities are, of course, dramatically under utilised.

Edited by Tamworth
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MBE said:

...I keep coming back to it but the senior players he has signed ( except Garrity) have been a disgrace to the profession. The players and the families have been well looked after by Carol and this is the thanks she has had.

James Wilson / Jamie Proctor / Tom Pett / Mal Benning / Harry Charsley / Connor Hall / Dennis Politic / Lewis Cass / Funso Ojo / Ellis Harrison / Will Forrester / Ethan Chislett / Connor Ripley / Mitch Clarke / Alex Iacovitti / Tom Sang / Uche Ikpeazu / Jesse Debrah / Jayson Leutwiler - would all like to thank you for your support! 

There have also been players who most of us thought would be decent signings, but just didn't work out for us, for whatever reasons. And, of course, there are loan players and our own youngsters who have been much better than "a disgrace to their profession)!!! 

Maybe your memory just needed jogging?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, LancyTony said:

James Wilson / Jamie Proctor / Tom Pett / Mal Benning / Harry Charsley / Connor Hall / Dennis Politic / Lewis Cass / Funso Ojo / Ellis Harrison / Will Forrester / Ethan Chislett / Connor Ripley / Mitch Clarke / Alex Iacovitti / Tom Sang / Uche Ikpeazu / Jesse Debrah / Jayson Leutwiler - would all like to thank you for your support! 

There have also been players who most of us thought would be decent signings, but just didn't work out for us, for whatever reasons. And, of course, there are loan players and our own youngsters who have been much better than "a disgrace to their profession)!!! 

Maybe your memory just needed jogging?

It's a lot easier for Port Vale and our budget to sign good League Two players. We managed to transform the side from nonsense to be able to punch above our weight and win promotion quickly.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, smithie said:

I wonder if her emotional demeanour on Saturday was triggered by the shouts from the terraces at full-time. Heaven knows where her head is at right now.      

I don't agree there Smithie.

Any players worth their salt should know the implications of relegation. 

Rallying the players is down to Moore. No interference. 

I was reading in the Lardinel that Walters has done that at Stoke. Surely it's Schumacher job not some ex player.

Leave the man management to Moore in my opinion. 

• Like 1