onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

30 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

The club having the most years in league football without ever playing in the top flight. A handful of promotions and a couple of Lower league trophies to boast after a near 150 year existence.

If a salesperson knocked on my door and tried to flog me that, I’d chase them back down the path.

Yet still we believe, yet still we attend. We are undoubtedly the most stoic supporters in football.

It’s hard being a Vale fan, like it or not, it’s what we signed up for. I just pity my offspring who have more years of this ahead of them. 

You're offspring will probably disown you if you put them through more of the dross that's being served up lol 😆😁

Advert

After the defensive error by Debrah, Fleetwood should never have touched the ball in our half for the remainder of the the game. As much as I hate the phrase our game management was awful. How many other teams would have S***housed their way through the last 5 minutes. 

4 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Well give the youth his credit he’s honest (media muppet) he describes  himself just for believing what Fleetwood had put out. TBH I describe him as a football fan who lives for his football club and has to believe what they tell him. It could be likened to his oxygen. Seems to have a good knowledge of the league and of other teams that Fleetwood are playing. Spoke highly of some of our players and backed it up with stats. Im confused as to why he wasn’t interviewed for our vacant managers post and given a 5.5 year contract. His honesty would make post match interviews interesting to listen to. Well done lad. 

Edited by Playa Amodores

2 hours ago, TEXAS said:

Did Carol make a post match speech last night again ?  That would make interesting watching if there was one. Time to stop defending what everyone else can clearly see.

Silence speaks volumes. Not up for the fight are beaten, won’t admit they’re wrong. It’s the fans fault.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Walter said:

Since January I think it's fairly obvious to anyone not blinded by complete faith in a failure that we are the worst squad in the league by some distance. 

Compare to Fleetwood, they get a head of us at their place and go on to beat us comfortably 3 zip. We get in front at our place and let them back in. 

Poor players are one thing, you can get by to some extent with fight, organisation, a bit of brains etc. The huge problem for us is we've got crap players in the main and no leaders, no fighters, no winners. 

It's a team of LOSERS. A team of WEAK men. 

Pathetic. 

90% need to he <ovf censored> off as they will be no good in our aim to get out of league 2 next year. 

The man who signed them needs to be <ovf censored> off as he clearly isn't up to the task. 

The analysts who have analysed these signings so thoroughly need to be <ovf censored> off.

Absolute <ovf censored> show. 

Totally agree with everything you have said.

This club is heading the same way as Forest Green.

An Owner who is so deluded and stubborn like Vince and yet so self assured.

We were poor last season but this calendar year since the Blackpool Game everything at the club has capitulated at such a fast rate.

Long Suffering Supporters are beginning to lose Patience and getting angry.

How can a team playing at Home be so completely outplayed and outfought by a team that are second bottom of the League 

I have supported them for over 60 years and been a regular in the old 4th Division playing in front of barely 2,000 but I didn’t feel as angry as I do now.

It’s hard to say to yourself don’t let it bother you but I am now going to give it a good go !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Kids won 5-2 v Rochdale 

Why if we were going defend did we not have at least 4 of these lads on bench bring on cause you know what I think Lomax do a better job than what Sang did 

Walters do a better Job than Lowe did what actually did he do that boxer in midfield for them had 3 goal attempts on another day they go in with no Vale player even bothering block them 

Moore our younger players are better than our seasoned pros I wouldn't be worried about using them Moore we were 3 down v Barnsley and Lomax and Shorrock shined .

Or last win Shorrock played and shined 

What's wrong with you Moore 

DI, I bet there’s ppl at the club who wouldn’t have known that result. Simple thing now is to try and sell them before the shutters come down for the current regime.

Port Vale WILL Manage to get Relegated This Season! Last Night, They were leading 2-0 to a team even below them ! - who scored in the 88min &‎ 90‎+‎3mins to get a 2-2 Draw ! The Vale lost 2 points that would have lifted them out of the 4 relegation places ! - Anyone Believe they will score another goal this Season ? ?

2 hours ago, Phil500 said:

First signs of trouble for me was pushing out David Worrall. He was the only player that got me out of my seat when he got the ball. Replaced by who? I can’t see anybody.

Tom Pett also did a good job. Another one replaced by who?. Ethan Chislett would have 12+ goals playing alongside this two.

Phil, Wozza had to go. He was at the club before this lot came along so wasn’t part of their failing plan. Just another one released and never replaced, I wouldn’t let Sang fetch Wozzas morning paper. Based on he loses all sense of purpose and direction and isn’t capable of delivering anything. This was a player who our owner (be now decided, not to mention her name), said she would have locked him in a room so that he’d sign his last contract. 

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Phil, Wozza had to go. He was at the club before this lot came along so wasn’t part of their failing plan. Just another one released and never replaced, I wouldn’t let Sang fetch Wozzas morning paper. Based on he loses all sense of purpose and direction and isn’t capable of delivering anything. This was a player who our owner (be now decided, not to mention her name), said she would have locked him in a room so that he’d sign his last contract. 

Why did he have to go? He went because some other team offered him an extra year. He definitely wouldn’t of wanted to go. Had this club in his heart wozza did 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pheonix Vale said:

Port Vale WILL Manage to get Relegated This Season! Last Night, They were leading 2-0 to a team even below them ! - who scored in the 88min &‎ 90‎+‎3mins to get a 2-2 Draw ! The Vale lost 2 points that would have lifted them out of the 4 relegation places ! - Anyone Believe they will score another goal this Season ? ?

We wouldn't have been out of the bottom four with a win

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Why did he have to go? He went because some other team offered him an extra year. He definitely wouldn’t have wanted to go. Has this club in his heart wozza did 

Because he wasn’t signed by them. He was a honest player who gave his all and would have shown the current players up for exactly what they are. We expected too much of Wozza at his age running up and down the line and probably burnt him out. I’d have played him as an out and out winger playing him from the start to see how long he could last. Without having to play all down the right hand side you’d have probably got 90 mins out of him. Then you have to ask, with the balls he was putting into the area, with this lot who’d have been capable of finishing them off.?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pete vale said:

Still seething tbh. The second half last night tells you everything about Port Vale FC, particularly since Jan 2023. We were lucky to have DC and AC for sure. AC has been made the scapegoat regardless of opinion. The 7-0 at Barnsley was similar to the second half last night. A mish-mash of inexperience, legs-gone, has-beens, poor quality and poor attitude contributed to the demise.

To be overrun the way we have been in most games particularly after the hour mark is scandalous!

To be taken for granted and criticised for telling the truth by the owner suggests an air of complacency, some may say "brain-washing", way beyond anything I have seen in football during my lifetime. There is a big difference between intelligence and common-sense imo.

Why would DM take the job following a transfer window? Why would you sack the previous manager after the window? Why suddenly declare that AC did not 'meet his targets' 2/3 months after the event. My guess is that AC (who incidentally is a genuine man), ended up telling Carol and DF exactly what his thoughts were. I reckon DC did the same to a point.

We are lucky to have Ripley and Chislett. They will be gone. The season positive has been Arblaster and to a lesser degree Devine. There's nothing else but misery, lies, "smoke and mirrors" and grave, fundamental poor decisions that have killed the fan base and the club.

I find this so strange, as everything was there to move forward with the Shanahan's. Who's to blame? The owners and DF - NOT THE FANS.

I walked away last nightfeeling as demoralised as I have ever been - and that is saying something considering the last 20 years!

I've simply had enough, feel cheated and disrespected by people who should know better (Or give the impression as such)

No thanks...

That represents how most of us are feeling 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2