onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

Advert

2 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Have u walked away yet? 

No.  I've only been to two away games this season though, purely because I'm f***** off with the handling of the loyalty scheme.  The club were mugging fans off with ticketing for years and were completely dishonest in their reasons for re-setting the points system.  Not going into it again, but Iit's something I've taken up directly with Matt Hancock.

Well I joined OVF when the last protests started towards bratt and co 

Then a few of the main men from last time start to appear again 

I’m sorry if I’m wrong 

You won't even be aware of who the main men of B&G are!  And no, OVF had absolutely nothing to do with protests, apart from Rob kindly allowing and supporting B&G to use it as a platform to promote its causes and actions - exactly the same as every other Vale-related social media outlet.  OVF has a very small footprint in terms of Vale fans, in the grand scheme of things.  It is a useful indicator of fans' feelings, coupled with many other mediums, but you misinterpret it as being some major player in protests.

1 minute ago, Bede said:

No.  I've only been to two away games this season though, purely because I'm f***** off with the handling of the loyalty scheme.  The club were mugging fans off with ticketing for years and were completely dishonest in their reasons for re-setting the points system.  Not going into it again, but Iit's something I've taken up directly with Matt Hancock.

Good 👍

So u stopped going away games because of a loyalty scheme? 
Tell me a game where you’ve been unable to get a ticket and the loyalty scheme is needed? 
Im not sure what your implying by it as I genuinely don’t know 

1 hour ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Sat back for years. Quietly watched on here. Just thought I’d put my penneth in again. 
Im absolutely astounded in the change in Carol. She’s gone from being one of the fans to being so far up her own arse it’s untrue! The open letter did her no favours and angered enough fans to not bother turning up. She has single handedly divided the fanbase with the decisions she has made lately. And after all of that I actually feel quite sorry for her because she is so obviously being gaslighted by Flitcroft and when that happens you cannot see what’s going on and you will not listen to those that care. Care about the club. Care about her. She’s lost in his power like a fluttering eyed little girl.

Chuffed to bits at the amazing training facilities. Shame she didn’t factor in to the equation that if you put worse players on it than we had in league 2 we will be back in league 2.

If you’ve had diarrhea for a week or so you don’t go and fit a brand new toilet and hope the two Bob bits stop.

The same old <ovf censored> rhetoric from the club is cringeworthy to watch.

”So Jensen. Why Port Vale”

”Well after I met the gaffer and Dave and the owners blah blah blah.

”What would you say to anyone wanting to come here”

”it’s a great place. Everyone makes you feel welcome. It’s a family. Blah blah blah.”

And then we will repeat that conversation with the same questions and the same written out replies that they must read, nothing is natural, with every player or manager that comes through the door.

I want to hear from Darren Moore about a bit of pride and passion and what HE offers. So far alls I’ve heard is how good the fans are, and how good Dave is and it’s a two man thing and how good Dave is and how good the owners are and how good Dave is and how it’s an honour to work for the club on AND off the pitch and how good Dave is.

It’s been absolutely nauseating. Especially when they go out with the same formation, the same tactics, the same players as good as and about as much fight as a boxer with no arms.

It’s got to change. You know it. I know it. Flitcroft needs to go so we can get our club back on track. 
And in the meantime Darren Moore needs to tell Flitcroft to <ovf censored> off and keep his nose out. Crosby wasn’t man enough to do it. Let’s hope the big man can see that he’s the problem very quickly. 

End of thread.. killed it 👊🏻 

Re the various videos released, l genuinely wonder what the point of them is. The players and manager politely field inane chat dressed up as questions and the whole thing should be binned. The club seem to think fans want endless "content". It's a load of bollox. 

Ovf 

This is where the protests start

Let me tell you where I am.

I’ve no interests int sort of protest and quite frankly I’m pretty certain nobody else is either. Certainly not the old brigade who told you Smurthwaite was a bad egg years before you opened your eyes.

What I do think is that it’s fair that fans, can raise their concerns on a forum, on social media and ask why we have allowed ourselves to be in such a position.

On a personal level I’ve been going since 1983. I’ve seen good times and bad times. But even in bad times we could mix it up and put a tackle in.

When we lost to Cheltenham back in October, on the way out I looked at my old man who’s 65 and said why do we bother coming? The football is that dreadful that I asked him how many times are we getting out of our seat and roaring the lads on or even celebrating a goal or a tackle or a corner or pressure or a fist bump. Very little. This absolutely dreadful footballing philosophy of a bunch of nice guys and kids is so <ovf censored> boring. I want a connection again. A manager in the dugout who isn’t a yes man full of rhetoric. I don’t go to watch Vale because we have nice training facilities and showers. I don’t go Vale for us to put kids from the academy in for the sake of it to tell other clubs “look at what we do”. I don’t go the Vale to sit in the Prawn sandwich brigade whilst they can’t be arsed to fix a set of toilets for the faithful. I go because I love the club. But. And here’s the but……. There comes a time where logic has to take over rather than sheer stupidity. Stupidity on my part in parting with 50 quid every matchday and knowing I’m gonna watch a club that has neglected the football environment, after doing so <ovf censored> well in getting out of league 2. And that is all on David Flitcroft. 

And I ain’t the only one. We go for the football. The average fan doesn’t really care that some academy kid has been sold for 150k or whatever when they can’t even a piss in the paddock!

The average fan only cares about 3-5 on a Saturday or 7.45-9.45 on a Tuesday. And so I made the decision that I’ll just watch the shower of <ovf censored> on ifollow. In the comfort of my own home. And if Carol and David can’t be arsed to fix toilets, sell players, release players and apart from the odd one or two bring in an absolute load of guff on the pitch, then I ain’t parting with my money.

8000 became 7000 became under 5000 very very quick.

That’s some drop.

BUT once you question it, you get a ridiculous open letter telling us how great Flitcroft is. And she lies in it as well!! She even goes as far to say he brought a cup run to the club. <ovf censored> me sidewards……. Fleetwood, Crewe, Sutton and Mansfield and then tippy tapped our way around Middlesbrough in the most pathetic quarter final effort I’ve ever seen from any club. Flitcroft has done this and that with the academy. We weren’t doing it before he came. WRONG. We were selling players from the academy for good money before he came! And as for him not applying for the managers job annd not wanting to come back into football.  Utter bull. And she’s been found out in a previous interview.

So yeah. Like it or lump it pal but she’s losing the average fan. And lose the fans and you’ll lose the club. 

She’s insistent on a “future”. That’s all well and good. But when there’s no “present” on the pitch there’s certainly not going to be a successful “future” going forward. 

13 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

I’ve no interests int sort of protest and quite frankly I’m pretty certain nobody else is either. Certainly not the old brigade who told you Smurthwaite was a bad egg years before you opened your eyes.

What I do think is that it’s fair that fans, can raise their concerns on a forum, on social media and ask why we have allowed ourselves to be in such a position.

On a personal level I’ve been going since 1983. I’ve seen good times and bad times. But even in bad times we could mix it up and put a tackle in.

When we lost to Cheltenham back in October, on the way out I looked at my old man who’s 65 and said why do we bother coming? The football is that dreadful that I asked him how many times are we getting out of our seat and roaring the lads on or even celebrating a goal or a tackle or a corner or pressure or a fist bump. Very little. This absolutely dreadful footballing philosophy of a bunch of nice guys and kids is so <ovf censored> boring. I want a connection again. A manager in the dugout who isn’t a yes man full of rhetoric. I don’t go to watch Vale because we have nice training facilities and showers. I don’t go Vale for us to put kids from the academy in for the sake of it to tell other clubs “look at what we do”. I don’t go the Vale to sit in the Prawn sandwich brigade whilst they can’t be arsed to fix a set of toilets for the faithful. I go because I love the club. But. And here’s the but……. There comes a time where logic has to take over rather than sheer stupidity. Stupidity on my part in parting with 50 quid every matchday and knowing I’m gonna watch a club that has neglected the football environment, after doing so <ovf censored> well in getting out of league 2. And that is all on David Flitcroft. 

And I ain’t the only one. We go for the football. The average fan doesn’t really care that some academy kid has been sold for 150k or whatever when they can’t even a piss in the paddock!

The average fan only cares about 3-5 on a Saturday or 7.45-9.45 on a Tuesday. And so I made the decision that I’ll just watch the shower of <ovf censored> on ifollow. In the comfort of my own home. And if Carol and David can’t be arsed to fix toilets, sell players, release players and apart from the odd one or two bring in an absolute load of guff on the pitch, then I ain’t parting with my money.

That’s some drop.

BUT once you question it, you get a ridiculous open letter telling us how great Flitcroft is. And she lies in it as well!! She even goes as far to say he brought a cup run to the club. <ovf censored> me sidewards……. Fleetwood, Crewe, Sutton and Mansfield and then tippy tapped our way around Middlesbrough in the most pathetic quarter final effort I’ve ever seen from any club. Flitcroft has done this and that with the academy. We weren’t doing it before he came. WRONG. We were selling players from the academy for good money before he came! And as for him not applying for the managers job annd not wanting to come back into football.  Utter bull. And she’s been found out in a previous interview.

So yeah. Like it or lump it pal but she’s losing the average fan. And lose the fans and you’ll lose the club. 

She’s insistent on a “future”. That’s all well and good. But when there’s no “present” on the pitch there’s certainly not going to be a successful “future” going forward. 

Someone just end this thread, there’s nothing more to add to this. 👌🏻 

14 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

That’s some drop.

You speak with and for the majority of the fans. The  owners need to rethink their approach to running OUR club... And quick. 

Archived