onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

Advert

3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

In the mess we’re in now & dogfight I’d have gibbo in a heartbeat. Proper little battler doesn’t take any prisoners. Like a bunch of princesses most of this lot! 

Problem is he’s a crock so he’d play one game and be out for 2 months 

I’m worried that Moore said outright that some players could not thrive in their current positions, then no real changes. Largely the same formation but for a bit of doubling up from time to time. 

23 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Instead 3-5-friggin-2 again. I despair, I really do.  

3-5-2 is what DM will play, maybe 5-3-2 as Sheff Weds did that. Anybody hoping for 4 at the back (me included), and especially now, in for a shock. Very unlikely 

Our flank options are not good enough to defend, but then our midfield is just so easy to walk through at present. Centre Mid is the biggest issue. We only got our second because of a lumped ball up from the back. 

I have no idea when Garrity is back, but god we need him. Gore too when is back should be able to step in and allow Ojo to move into the back three again as a wide cb on the right (Dan Jones will be on the left). Weir has been a bit disappointing for me, but after half a season of Arblaster and Devine, hard to live up to.

I despair at the system too. I never quite liked it under DC either. But one thing I'm sure of, is DM is the better choice to motivate and organise these players to get some results. We struggled after 30 mins today, we don't have enough bite in the midfield and it does no help to the front 2 if everything falls apart in the middle. 

We'll get some results, I'm sure of that. Question is whether there are enough points for us to get in the remaining games - keeping in mind we are dependant on other teams being awful too. 

I'm looking at the team sheet today and seeing us needing 4 or 5 players just to stay up and give this 'system' the chance it needs to succeed. 

Hopefully we get some more pragmatism in coming games. Mighten looked bright. We run at teams but never cross, too often running into brick walls or hoping Chiz can fashion something. Let's use our wingers and whip some crosses in early, give them something to think about. Teams know all they need to do is flood the middle of the pitch and we will just go backwards.

8 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Problem is he’s a crock so he’d play one game and be out for 2 months 

He’s playing now. Sorry but Mitch Clark who come in to replace him has played about 3 games all season. Now he’s a crock & not upto much when he did play either . And signing crocks is what we’re good at anyway 😉 

9 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

Just seen moores post game interview. Sorry to say, but it was dreadful. Nonsensical apart from saying ‘two goals’ constantly. I’m worried. 

It was a mixture of gibberish and tripe.

3 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

He says ‘2 goals’ four times in the first 45 seconds. 

For what it's worth (and it's very little) their first goal came about from a free kick that was awarded despite the ball having gone out of play seconds earlier. 

4 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

1st match FFS 🤣🤣🤣. Had you written him off by half time??? 

I want a manager who speaks from the heart and answers with passion.

Now, I’m not saying Moore isn’t that man but alls I keep hearing is cliches and <ovf censored> that Crosby was fed!

And fed being the operative word. Everything at this club is robotic and being drummed into the management and players. And that’s coming from the top. And the top, Mr everything to do with football, is the smug <ovf censored> that is Flitcroft.

Im not having 5 and a half years of a scripted interview week in week out.

Stand up for yourself Darren. 
Carol, sack the incumbent who’s overseeing football and THEN AND ONLY THEN will you get a United fanbase.

Flitcroft for me has to be up there with Norman, Dean Glover and Jim Gannon.

Get him gone for <ovf censored> sake.

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

I want a manager who speaks from the heart and answers with passion.

Now, I’m not saying Moore isn’t that man but alls I keep hearing is cliches and <ovf censored> that Crosby was fed!

And fed being the operative word. Everything at this club is robotic and being drummed into the management and players. And that’s coming from the top. And the top, Mr everything to do with football, is the smug <ovf censored> that is Flitcroft.

Im not having 5 and a half years of a scripted interview week in week out.

Stand up for yourself Darren. 
Carol, sack the incumbent who’s overseeing football and THEN AND ONLY THEN will you get a United fanbase.

Flitcroft for me has to be up there with Norman, Dean Glover and Jim Gannon.

Get him gone for <ovf censored> sake.

Great post. I was expecting Darren Moore to be fuming in his post match interview this lot need a rocket up their arse. He’s got great experience & reputation I hope to god he’s not gonna be another nice guy. That’s not me writing him off I’m made up we’ve got him but after today, yes it’s only one game & that interview I’m worried is he going to get the reaction that’s needed. He should of come out & said that was nowhere near good enough, the lads need to look at themselves, nobody’s place is guaranteed, where was the fight! Things like that. Imagine Clarke in that interview after today he’d be raging! Micky Adams would of transfer listed the lot of them. The whole club top to bottom are way too nice. Nice won’t keep us up 

Archived