onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

Advert

Plant Garrity and Clark back on the grass (not that grass lol ) .

All good hope the away travellers have plenty shout about 

Gooaaaarrrrrn Vale 

Be interesting see who's captain and who's impressed DM to get the starting jerseys .

Just hope the team put in a performance today to make up for the earlier home fixture, to break the hold DC still seems to have on us.  Got me thinking, there’s always talk about the managerial merry-go-round, but isn’t DC the only former manager we’ve come up against in over 40 years? Makes you wonder if coming to the Vale was the pinnacle of any manager’s career and they then just couldn’t see the point in going on to manage any other league team. 😉

18 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Just hope the team put in a performance today to make up for the earlier home fixture, to break the hold DC still seems to have on us.  Got me thinking, there’s always talk about the managerial merry-go-round, but isn’t DC the only former manager we’ve come up against in over 40 years? Makes you wonder if coming to the Vale was the pinnacle of any manager’s career and they then just couldn’t see the point in going on to manage any other league team. 😉

They all ended up retired or at the likes of Hartlepool & Gateshead 😂 never even noticed that good point! Just goes to show some of the crap we’ve hired over the years. Haha come on Vale! 

21 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Change of tactics today folks try & bring a bit of a good omen to the new gaffer! No oatcakes or Dalmatian plate, McDonald’s on a sad looking standard one. UTV! 

Youll be alright at maccies mate they do there bacon still oinking aswel

15 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

4:0 demolition job today. Can see the manager bounce happening . Get behind the boys make noise lets get this moore train rolling

Early goal would be nice & set the ball rolling pal 👌🏻 Choo choo! 🚂 

You'd think after supporting the buggers for so long I'd have learnt wouldn't you? Why, oh why do I get up this morning filled with enthusiasm and hope knowing that by 5.00pm I'll be swearing and kicking the cat, if I had one! The dog knows to keep out of the way on a Saturday afternoon.

Like Valiiant says though as long as they give it 100% and cut out the U13's defending I'm okay.

Come on Vale! We owe Clarkey one.

17 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

You'd think after supporting the buggers for so long I'd have learnt wouldn't you? Why, oh why do I get up this morning filled with enthusiasm and hope knowing that by 5.00pm I'll be swearing and kicking the cat, if I had one! The dog knows to keep out of the way on a Saturday afternoon.

Like Valiiant says though as long as they give it 100% and cut out the U13's defending I'm okay.

Come on Vale! We owe Clarkey one.

Go get em tiger 💪🏻 safe travels mate ️ bring back a point…. Or three! 

Don't feel like there will be much change today, in terms of formation, starting 11. Reckon DM will still be observing and analysing etc.

So I reckon DM will go:

Rips

Jesse.      Lapata.      Jones

Ojo

Weir

Massey.                 Chis.             Grant

Loft.     Wilson

Would like us to go 4231 but will be a few square pegs in round holes

Rips

Lowe.        Jesse.     Lapata.      Grant/Jones

Gore.       Ojo

Sang.                 Chis.               Mighten

Wilson      

5 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Don't feel like there will be much change today, in terms of formation, starting 11. Reckon DM will still be observing and analysing etc.

So I reckon DM will go:

Rips

Jesse.      Lapata.      Jones

Ojo

Weir

Massey.                 Chis.             Grant

Loft.     Wilson

Would like us to go 4231 but will be a few square pegs in round holes

Rips

Lowe.        Jesse.     Lapata.      Grant/Jones

Gore.       Ojo

Sang.                 Chis.               Mighten

Wilson      

Lopata is injured isn’t he? And gore I thought was out for another week or two 🤷‍♂️ 

Darren has used & liked a 3-5-2 formation quite a bit in the past so I can’t see a change of formation but you never know 🤷‍♂️  

Ripley 

Lowe     Smith       Yak 

Massey       Sang          Ojo          Grant

Chislet

Loft           Wilson 

This is how I think he may line up 🤔 Plenty of experience in that side 

Archived