onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Funny how you come on here and have a pop at people about supporting the club etc

Yet, you were no where to be seen when the club really needed your support over the past 10 days or so.

You never showed your support when it was needed

Never showed my support !!! Barring a period when I was abroad  Ive been showing my support for 45+ years through thick and thin. Just because I don’t post on this site every day voicing my opinion doesn’t mean I don’t show my support. Turning up at the ground and getting behind the team through thick and thin is showing support not sitting behind a PC.

• Like 5

Advert

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Fans have every right to whinge when results and performances have been so consistently dire in recent months to the point where we’ve slipped from virtual table toppers to relegation fodder.  If you look at the recruitment situation clearly we needed to strengthen our striking options in the last 3 windows.  This last window we’ve watched all our rivals add forwards to their squads whilst we’ve gone backwards, not reacting to losing a recent recruit, Uche, plus our top scorer, Garrity, to injury.  Why shouldn’t fans whinge about this?

There’s nothing wrong with whinging about merde performances that’s part of the game, however we seem to have singled out Flitcroft as being the one to blame which I struggle to get my head around as a few seasons ago he could do no wrong and was the new messiah. I very much doubt that Flitcroft is solely responsible for picking which players the club recruits D of F doesn’t work like that it’s a joint enterprise with the manager and the board around the finances available, I agree not sourcing a striker is reprehensible however is it Flitcroft fault ? that there’s no striker or is it because he can’t get one within the budget Carol has given him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

He’s Director of Football so he’s responsible for overseeing player recruitment and has a team that he’s in charge of to help in that task.  He has a budget to work within like everyone else, less than some clubs, more than others, but he has to make it work.  To watch rivals recruit whilst failing to recruit anybody up front in January, leaving us with out of form Loft, injury prone Wilson and unproven Dipepa, given we’re already shot shy, just lost our top scorer, in a perilous league position and should learned the lesson last season is negligence in my view.  It’s fairly obvious to me but how hard is it for you to see?

I will bow to your greater knowledge on the issue you clearly know more than me

24 minutes ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I will bow to your greater knowledge on the issue you clearly know more than me

I don’t have any great wisdom.  It isn’t a requirement in this instance.  I’m only commenting on what’s in front of my nose as a fan sitting in the stands every week.  For balance, as I’ve stated elsewhere, Flitcroft has done plenty of good.  Not all of the recruitment has been bad, the appointment of Clarke was down to him as is the appointment of Moore, although any manager also needs to be given the tools to do the job.

• Like 2

On 14/02/2024 at 16:02, Guitar Ray said:

Not all of the recruitment has been bad, the appointment of Clarke was down to him as is the appointment of Moore, although any manager also needs to be given the tools to do the job.

If only you could apply that logic from carol to flitcroft.

1 hour ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

I assume he meant that flitcroft hadn't had the tools to do his job?  Ie, money

Not saying I agree with that, just my interpretation of the post btw

No idea, but there has been a budget for all 3 windows, it’s how that budget has been spent, or not spent, that’s in question.  Listening to the podcast would indicate that whilst some players were asking too much we did have some money for the right player but in the end sat on our hands while the clock ticked.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

No idea, but there has been a budget for all 3 windows, it’s how that budget has been spent, or not spent, that’s in question.  Listening to the podcast would indicate that whilst some players were asking too much we did have some money for the right player but in the end sat on our hands while the clock ticked.

I heard that too, and also that we'd put generous bids in for players. 

Not sure what Moore's salary is in comparison to Crosby's but you would have to assume we do have some money to spend.

Get relegated, that quickly becomes part of a budget that no one wants to see

7 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I said this at time Flitcroft had underspent on the budget and I got pelters for it  .Glad it’s been confirmed now , but what gross incompetence from the DOF the turned an average side in to relegation fodder by not addressing the unbalanced nature of the squad .

• Like 3