David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

9 minutes ago, Refreshers said:

DF doesn't care what we think while he's still got the backing of Carole and a stream of managers to take the fall before him. 

All the while he's stealing a nice wage for himself. 

I agree, he is a complete tosser. He does not care about vale fans suffering. Problem is what do we do that wont hurt the club. Carol is usless, has not got a clue football wise.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

She doesn’t need to sell up.

She needs to wake up.

It will happen and Flitcroft will get fired. Sadly it will take time to understand that she’s been controlled.

Nonsense. The quality of the squad is a direct correlation of the money spent on it by her. If Flitcroft had blown loads of money in expensive flops, fair enough but Carol has bankrolled a squad, despite previous record attendances, cheaper than anything under Smurfwaite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Nonsense. The quality of the squad is a direct correlation of the money spent on it by her. If Flitcroft had blown loads of money in expensive flops, fair enough but Carol has bankrolled a squad, despite previous record attendances, cheaper than anything under Smurfwaite. 

If I had 200 quid and told you that I want some good quality food and I said that YOU are in charge of sorting that for me, and you came back with processed crap cheap tinned rubbish, should I sell up my business or sack YOU?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Also bought in Justin Miller, Craig Rocastle and Shane Tudor...

In fairness, Tudor would be one of our best players now if he could keep himself fit. He could at least take on his man. Twice the wide player Massey is.

Edited by Valiiant

5 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

It seems we’re still deep in ‘process-mode’. Every signing has to be at a value, outsmarting everyone else to fit the ‘tactical, physical, technical, and psychological profile”. It has to be data-driven and a chance for the DoF to be the smartest in the room.

We seem to have had someone in and decided not to sign them. 

Sometimes, all that needs to go and you just bring a body in for an inflated wage and a survival bonus. Someone the manager knows, or someone that comes recommended.

This obsession with refusing to pay market value, in finding undervalued gems misses the point that often you just need the obvious best fit and the inflated price they command. Not every signing has to be a Garrity or a Hall. Often, you just need Lee Hughes, Darren Purse, even a Chris Eagles. 

The obsession with doing things in this process-way is likely going to cost us a place in this league. I genuinely think 10 randomly selected OVF posters would be doing a better job.

We had 2 players and decided against both.

A month past the window closing and still no free agents. Your telling me there is nobody available that could improve us currently. They are just sitting back letting us go down. Nothing from them. Why?

• Like 3

Just now, Vale1995 said:

A month past the window closing and still no free agents. You’re telling me there is nobody available that could improve us currently. They are just sitting back letting us go down. Nothing from them. Why?

If I was a free agent I’d rather be unemployed and or chance my arm with a club in L2 trying to get into L1.

I’m afraid Carol has painted herself into a corner with the open letter, if she changed her mind now she would look extremely foolish, is she a big enough person to do that, I’m not sure she is.

It never ceases to amaze me how highly intelligent & successful people completely lose their minds when owning a football club.

The biggest mistake she had made is treating “Flickers” as a friend instead of an employee, people like him are only ever after themselves. Just hope we don’t end up like Bury.

All we can do as supporters is continue to let our feelings be known until she comes to her senses and be there to help the club when she does.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

If I had 200 quid and told you that I want some good quality food and I said that YOU are in charge of sorting that for me, and you came back with processed crap cheap tinned rubbish, should I sell up my business or sack YOU?

Well the problem here is that the money that you have is not enough for quality food. The quality food is £500 and that’s why I came back with cheap, processed crap. You can sack me, to use your analogy but if quality simply costs more, it won’t happen regardless of who is employed. 

That’s why I would sell up, because I don’t have the money to fund a quality product. That’s why an out of contract striker like Dwight Gayle was seen ultimately scoring for Derby today. We could never afford a player like that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

A month past the window closing and still no free agents. You’re telling me there is nobody available that could improve us currently. They are just sitting back letting us go down. Nothing from them. Why?

Because there is no money. Well there is..Carol just got £180m of it. Dwight Gayle was a free agent and would have improved us. The lack of money stopped it being possible. 

I think I'm done for this season. It's been awful and two people are responsible. Flitcroft is robbing a wage, and I'm sorry to say this, but CS has totally lost her way. The main point of the club is to try to have a successful team and we couldn't be further from that if we tried. If next season starts with the same regime running the show then I'm off to Congleton or similar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Well the problem here is that the money that you have is not enough for quality food. The quality food is £500 and that’s why I came back with cheap, processed crap. You can sack me, to use your analogy but if quality simply costs more, it won’t happen regardless of who is employed. 

That’s why I would sell up, because I don’t have the money to fund a quality product. That’s why an out of contract striker like Dwight Gayle was seen ultimately scoring for Derby today. We could never afford a player like that. 

Derby have more money than us. They are more appealing than us. That’s just the sorry truth.

Using my analogy, at least come back with 5 good steaks! Minimum.

I will tell you now, Ryan Loft and Uche are on a combined 7000 pounds a week. Roughly. That’s a huge amount of money to throw down the drain on happy shopper beans.

• Like 2