Advert

David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, robf said:

Even if you thought that was a good move how do you do that - force him? He's got a football agency to run. I can't imagine it's a role where you can just say to your dozen players or whatever - oh well, I'm not your agent anymore as Port Vale need me... 

If they do want a DoF having a proper interview process with candidates would be a good start, rather than just appointing the first person through the door who mentions it. 

How about Martin Foyle to be the DOF for the Vale?

He's been Head of Recruitment for several clubs for around 9 years now

• Like 4

Advert

I wonder if Foyle would be of help on the scouting front? It's some years back but he was responsible for spotting Brooker (Horton was the manager but Foyle spotted him) and also bringing in Constantine and Sodje so, back in the day at least, he knew the odd decent striker when he saw one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robf said:

I would agree @Playa Amodores - I'm frustrated too and really surprised that something hasn't been done. 

My concern isn't just for this season, which I think we'll be very fortunate to escape relegation, but the next one too. Due to the crazy contract situation we're either saddled with the same squad or it will cost a fortune to agree mutual terminations of contracts. Even if we do manage a clear out, then does anyone have any faith we'll recruit widely or will we miss out again and be telling a Podcast about all the amazing players that didn't sign for Port Vale?

Rob, with everything as it is at the moment, some fans will vote with their feet as they’re more than entitled to do so. This season will be detrimental definitely to next season, which could start a domino effect. I’m not sure that if we were in L2 now, that we’d be in the top half of the table. As I’ve previously highlighted we got about 24 points this season when Alfie/ Ollie played, so if we deducted them, we’d almost certainly be down.

PVFC is like any other business the product needs to be what the customer wants, when are our owners going to realise this. Again as I've said before I just want to watch a team with some fight and passion in them. Also a team that can change formats and tactics to exploit the weakness of the opposition. 
I apologise for repeating myself and for being frustrated. I should be use to it. 

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, robf said:

I wonder if Foyle would be of help on the scouting front? It's some years back but he was responsible for spotting Brooker (Horton was the manager but Foyle spotted him) and also bringing in Constantine and Sodje so, back in the day at least, he knew the odd decent striker when he saw one. 

Also bought in Justin Miller, Craig Rocastle and Shane Tudor...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

I’ve just listened to Moores pre match interview about free agents.

”Me and Dave”

At this point I’m thinking he’s surrounding himself (Flitcroft) with shields to release the pressure.

”We tried”.

Same old <ovf censored>. Unsurprising. So there you go. We go into the remaining games with the crap we have.

As Vale fans you make your mind up and make your mind up quick. If you think it’s acceptable that Dave Flitcroft should be here and is doing a good job then good for you. But don’t moan in the summer when he oversees another transfer window.

Ive never known anything like this at all. 
Something does not stack up. 

We're doomed with the current set up ,

Like you say sumat doesn't feel right at the club , I smell a rat , 

I know it's the nuclear option but if carol.persists with Fraudcroft

She needs to sell up in my opinion

Cos Fraudcroft is going to take us  into oblivion  the majority of us need to keep making our voices heard and get him out of our club  , I'm  just feel so dejected at the moment, mate, UTV  .

Edited by Nippy Naylor

58 minutes ago, Alfie1962 said:

Might have been said but both Foyley and Porter were at the game the other night.

I'd take them on as scouts and bin off Fraudcroft and his bunch of cronies 

Carol really does need to read the room and realise the anger towards Fraudcroft 

9 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I'd take them on as scouts and bin off Fraudcroft and his bunch of cronies 

Carol really does need to read the room and realise the anger towards Fraudcroft 

Have you got a bet on with somebody, the number of times you can type “Fraudcroft” in a day, or is it just about exceeding your own personal targets and goals?

Well done by the way, either way it’s a high bar you’ve set yourself. 👏🏻

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I can imagine it now

DF sorts our striker situation with a double whammy signing Zak Mills and bringing Tomlinson back from wrestling.

“I’ve been watching him for a while now and he hasn’t been scoring many in the league of WWE, so we feel it’s best for everyone for him to get a fresh start. We are going for our 5th changing room next season so it will really make the player feel welcome. With the 5 year contract he has assurances that at some point in the future he will most likely get his very own changing room as we continue to build.
In terms of style, well the way he handles the steel chairs, you don’t see much of that in football so he will be a great addition in a relegation battle. His stats are arguably the best in the whole league in terms of hitting people with chairs”

“Zak has signed on a 2 year deal. Unfortunately we weren’t able to increase the length as he simply wasn’t interested in a changing room. He was more for an extra gym, but we’re not planning to move the one we currently have for another 10 years or so. Still, his goalscoring record speaks for itself and I’m sure he is going to be good for a literal goal or two a season. He will be unavailable for selection for a couple of weeks as he currently has sore toe, then he has a free Palestine protest he’s been looking forward to, but he’s excited to join up with the squad soon after.”

I’ve not even started drinking yet

💩

• Haha 3