Advert

David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Rory said:

We have more of a chance of getting an Arblaster or Devine now that we're a sensible football club trying to do things properly. Improving and maintaining the pitch and facilities will help.

We used to be a complete shambles of a football club owned/ran by con men but we're not in that place anymore. I really think we should have looked at getting a new ground though, there must have been a way.

But there is still the biggest conman 

Of them all at our club    

The. DOF Fraudcroft 

• Thanks 1

Advert

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

What will you make of it all if we go down, Rory?

It will be a disappointing season but I think we have expect that we're likely to be in and around the relegation mix in this league at the moment unless we overachieve, which is what we should be aspiring to do. Last season we did well. According to Matt Hancock in his Baggers interview our income streams put us below League One. The furore about us struggling in this league just seems a bit over the top, it is hardly outrageous.

I think the club are doing a lot of good things and we'll hope to reap the rewards in the medium to long term. Things are getting better. There's a lot that's not perfect, we've made mistakes with recruitment (but I think it has been generally decent under the regime), I think we've now made a mistake with our new manager, and I think it's a mistake to not look at least look at a new ground and get away from the neverending money pit that is Vale Park.

I think we just need to be a bit more realistic. The reaction is as though we're heading to non league, I could understand it a bit more if that were the case. I have tried to understand why people are quite so angry about our director of football but I just find it difficult.

I'm sorry if I am a bad man for feeling this way but I can't help it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rory said:

It will be a disappointing season but I think we have expect that we're likely to be in and around the relegation mix in this league at the moment unless we overachieve, which is what we should be aspiring to do. Last season we did well. According to Matt Hancock in his Baggers interview our income streams put us below League One. The furore about us struggling in this league just seems a bit over the top, it is hardly outrageous.

I think the club are doing a lot of good things and we'll hope to reap the rewards in the medium to long term. Things are getting better. There's a lot that's not perfect, we've made mistakes with recruitment (but I think it has been generally decent under the regime), I think we've now made a mistake with our new manager, and I think it's a mistake to not look at least look at a new ground and get away from the neverending money pit that is Vale Park.

I think we just need to be a bit more realistic. The reaction is as though we're heading to non league, I could understand it a bit more if that were the case. I have tried to understand why people are quite so angry about our director of football but I just find it difficult.

Because the recruitment has been dog shyte , mate 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rory said:

I don’t for one second believe that clubs like Stevenage, Wycombe, Cambridge, Northampton etc.. have better off field income streams than us. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Do you not understand our income is below L1 requirements as was quoted.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Do you not understand the recruitment has been shyte and that's down to Fraudcroft # wake up and smell the

There's no use knocking if nobody's home .

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rory said:

We finished 9th and 12th in this league under Norman Smurthwaite, one of the conmen who ran us as a complete shambles that you referred to. How do you square that?

I'm not sure how you've talked yourself into 'we sort of have to accept being relegated from League 1'. I can understand realism, but realism is not a resignation to finishing in the bottom 4 of League 1. That's just extremely low expectations. I might be wrong, but weren't you absolutely fuming when we last got relegated from this league away at Fleetwood? Why the grim acceptance now?

I can get being sort of positive about some of the off-field stuff, but we won't be able to afford any of it if we go down and average attendances drop by 1,000.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

I don’t for one second believe that clubs like Stevenage, Wycombe, Cambridge, Northampton etc.. have better off field income streams than us. 

Exactly I know you put etc so I'll add some of the other names. Cheltenham,Exeter,Burton,Lincoln and Shrewsbury. 

That's 9 teams who will have a lower playing budget or similar to ours. Maybe Lincoln are a bit out of place in my list as they get 8 to 9 thousand gates.

There's something amiss. Unbudgeted for 1/4 final  run. Record shirt sales . Reasonable average crowds of maybe 6200 come the season end. Yet we have not been able to attract any players despite our wonderful amazing off field behaviours. 🙄

• Like 6

Our playing budget this season is ranked higher than the bottom 4.  We are under performing and should not be bouncing around the relegation spots for the second year running based on finance.

Edited by Bede
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Exactly I know you put etc so I'll add some of the other names. Cheltenham,Exeter,Burton,Lincoln and Shrewsbury. 

That's 9 teams who will have a lower playing budget or similar to ours. Maybe Lincoln are a bit out of place in my list as they get 8 to 9 thousand gates.

There's something amiss. Unbudgeted for 1/4 final  run. Record shirt sales . Reasonable average crowds of maybe 6200 come the season end. Yet we have not been able to attract any players despite our wonderful amazing off field behaviours. 🙄

And we’ve sold 3 youngsters for record sales to premier league clubs. I get they may be add ons etc & not a up front payment but surely we would of received some sort of initial fee 

Edited by Vtid

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Exactly that. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

We finished 9th and 12th in this league under Norman Smurthwaite, one of the conmen who ran us as a complete shambles that you referred to. How do you square that?

I'm not sure how you've talked yourself into 'we sort of have to accept being relegated from League 1'. I can understand realism, but realism is not a resignation to finishing in the bottom 4 of League 1. That's just extremely low expectations. I might be wrong, but weren't you absolutely fuming when we last got relegated from this league away at Fleetwood? Why the grim acceptance now?

I can get being sort of positive about some of the off-field stuff, but we won't be able to afford any of it if we go down and average attendances drop by 1,000.

That's football for you. I think we're better off without Smurthwaite, the club has come/is coming on leaps and bounds from those dark days. I would like us to finish higher up this league again, top half even, but I certainly don't expect it at the moment. Being in League One is achieving, I hope we can survive for at least another year and have another go at it.

That day at Fleetwood was one of the lowest points of my life and that was a day that I was lucky to come through unscathed. I think it damaged me immeasurably. It felt to me like Port Vale was dying back then, whereas now our future is bright.I am also a more content with life generally which has an impact on how I view things. I have come to terms with the fact that I am a nobody, that I always will be, and that my life is completely pointless and I am so much happier for it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

The foundation that does the bulk of off field stuff has a separate funding stream from 1st team . For instance the golden valients got £260k to keep going, the meals are from donations local companies, so I am unsure if the community side of the club takes any income from the 1st team 

IMG_0198.png