David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

8 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

The bloke can make his mouth say anything to fit what's going on at the time.

It's just public relations speak. 

They key bits are what he's not saying, as well as the results. A lot of talk about effort and things not panning out. Fair enough. Nothing about budgets, what the thinking was with Crosby's appointment, whether there is any reflection on what they might have done differently in some circumstances. Nothing about whether the tactical and philosophical approach is the right fit for the club in its current circumstances. 

All dealing with facts as he sees it at the time. Which makes it easy to paint a particular picture. 

Definitely some correct things said, like DM being a pull factor for players coming to the club. But if that is being recognised now, why did we go with Crosby a year ago? 

This is why I think a review in the summer is needed. Maybe it means DF goes, maybe it means additional support is brought in. What's key is that it's done with DM being completely on board. He is a someone with a record we can believe in. DF, with all due respect, less so having had a bit more of a checkered history and not as high profile in the game. 

All worthwhile looking at and considering whether DF is doing the best job he can do and indeed, the right job. He might be a better fit for more behind the scenes management than Director of Football duties. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NW9Valiant said:

It's just public relations speak. 

They key bits are what he's not saying, as well as the results. A lot of talk about effort and things not panning out. Fair enough. Nothing about budgets, what the thinking was with Crosby's appointment, whether there is any reflection on what they might have done differently in some circumstances. Nothing about whether the tactical and philosophical approach is the right fit for the club in its current circumstances. 

All dealing with facts as he sees it at the time. Which makes it easy to paint a particular picture. 

Definitely some correct things said, like DM being a pull factor for players coming to the club. But if that is being recognised now, why did we go with Crosby a year ago? 

This is why I think a review in the summer is needed. Maybe it means DF goes, maybe it means additional support is brought in. What's key is that it's done with DM being completely on board. He is a someone with a record we can believe in. DF, with all due respect, less so having had a bit more of a checkered history and not as high profile in the game. 

All worthwhile looking at and considering whether DF is doing the best job he can do and indeed, the right job. He might be a better fit for more behind the scenes management than Director of Football duties. 

Best post of the day

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ginginator said:

To be fair to Flitcroft, he is not on the pitch. So some blame has to go on the players. 

Confidence is a massive thing and hopefully DM will boost that.

Re DF again yeah we did need that forward/poacher player, maybe we pick one up in the summer, too late? who knows, but bickering and negativity. Well there is only one way and it is not forward.

So Carol and Kevin do the finances, DF does whatever, hopefully Darren and the players do what any football fan wants and play for the club professionally.

Good point mate! Time they rolled their sleeves up. Too many bystanders recently who don’t look interested 

Maybe Flickers could then go back to part time? Problem is, 3 might be a crowd in terms of his dealings with Carol, who obviously holds him in high regard.

FC I think three might have been a crowd but now that DM has come in and can manage and knows what the game is all about at higher levels than ourselves, it most definitely is a crowd. Also all the power was the owners and him, I think the power has now transferred to the owner and DM. Who would it be cheaper to get rid of, DoF or manager on a 5.5 yr contract with clauses and his back room team.?

• Like 1

FC I think three might have been a crowd but now that DM has come in and can manage and knows what the game is all about at higher levels than ourselves, it most definitely is a crowd. Also all the power was the owners and him, I think the power has now transferred to the owner and DM. Who would it be cheaper to get rid of, DoF or manager on a 5.5 yr contract with clauses and his back room team.?
What is this power that has transferred?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

16 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I think, if NINE targets fall through, maybe you’re shopping in unrealistic markets.

That, or DF just isn't the right person to be shopping in that market. 

Makes a world of difference when the person doing the shopping has the right contacts, relationships and profile. 

I'm sure various bits have gone into helping us with targets in the past but we must always be looking at ways to do better.

Would definitely be a different conversation and outcomes otherwise. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

That, or DF just isn't the right person to be shopping in that market. 

Makes a world of difference when the person doing the shopping has the right contacts, relationships and profile. 

I'm sure various bits have gone into helping us with targets in the past but we must always be looking at ways to do better.

Would definitely be a different conversation and outcomes otherwise. 

I just don’t think “look at all the targets I missed out on” is the clever defence that DF thinks it is - he’s absolving himself of agency without considering why we keep missing out on so many targets on a consistent basis. 

• Like 8

Surely with DM here the dynamic has changed.

Whatever our DOF was doing (or mainly not doing to be more accurate) our new Manager is going to be taking a significant role in recruitment. That has to be a good thing considering recent experience.

I would expect that his recruitment experience and contacts are very much part of the hiring decision.

Hopefully he can do something immediately given where we are...

Edited by Tamworth

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

What is this power that has transferred?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Imo obviously the cost to terminate the services of either individuals. Can’t see DM having players that aren’t picked by himself or his backroom team. At the moment DM has come to us following an unsuccessful time at Huddersfield, so he’ll want to be in charge of his own destiny. Where as, AC definitely wasn’t and was always going to be the one to go.