onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

10 hours ago, Warren said:

His long work in youth team football at big clubs including Man City is highly compatible with Port Vale. Port Vale will have to pay an attractive and competitive salary. Clearly with his background he could easily go back to coaching at the youth team level which will pay well and also compete for other manager jobs. 

Although I have no adverse thoughts on Darren Moore, I think the fact he has managed at Championship level clubs makes him less compatible to Port Vale than Kennedy. The question of why come to Port Vale needs a convincing answer. 

Could simply be ambition, Warren? He might want to prove that his success at Wednesday wasn't big club / big budget / decent squad already in place? Maybe he wants to replicate that at the Vale? One thing though - it should prove to the many idiot doubters on here that: 

a: we are not skint (no - I have no ;proof of that -  but a 5.5 year contract for someone who gained promotion from our League, then managed in the Championship suggests he might expect a good salary?)

b. not everyone in football dislikes David Flitcroft, nor sees him as the Anti-Christ at Port vale?

After so much drivel has been posted on here this last few days, i would expect to see some grovelling apologies aimed towards Carol and DF...but, I won't hold my breath!  

c.  They should...maybe...take a more balanced view of things than the knee-jerk reactions that always seem to be the first one; and wait to hear / read some facts before forming their opinions?

Advert

2 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Could simply be ambition, Warren? He might want to prove that his success at Wednesday wasn't big club / big budget / decent squad already in place? Maybe he wants to replicate that at the Vale? One thing though - it should prove to the many idiot doubters on here that: 

a: we are not skint (no - I have no ;proof of that -  but a 5.5 year contract for someone who gained promotion from our League, then managed in the Championship suggests he might expect a good salary?)

b. not everyone in football dislikes David Flitcroft, nor sees him as the Anti-Christ at Port vale?

After so much drivel has been posted on here this last few days, i would expect to see some grovelling apologies aimed towards Carol and DF...but, I won't hold my breath!  

c.  They should...maybe...take a more balanced view of things than the knee-jerk reactions that always seem to be the first one; and wait to hear / read some facts before forming their opinions?

Good post lancy 👍🏻 throw me that humble pie I’m starving! Take nothing away from the mistakes that have been made this is a real sign of intent from both Carol & Flitcroft. Nothing but praise regarding this appointment. However I will be keeping a close eye on the next transfer window we can’t have shockers again like we have previously at times, I get the impression Darren Moore is having more of a say now after Flitcrofts statement earlier today 

26 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Far too long if you ask me. Could prove to be very costly unless their is some sort of clause in the contract.

I'm sure there will be protecting clauses in there, Phil, just as I believe there were in DC's 5 year contract...... something like max 1 year's salary (paid monthly?) or until he took another job.

38 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Far too long if you ask me. Could prove to be very costly unless their is some sort of clause in the contract.

Don't worry be happy 

Turn that frown upside down

Cos Daren Moore's black & white army 

Are on the march,  PVFC . 🙂🙂

53 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Ooops...

If Vale had spent the money on a decent striker like virtually every other club even Crosby would have had a real chance of keeping us in league one. 

Vale have paid off Clarke and Crosby and brought in a not cheap manager in Moore. Some of that money should have been earmarked for a decent striker.   Moore obviously has  a  lot of experience but he’s not going to do much without strikers

32 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Good post lancy 👍🏻 throw me that humble pie I’m starving! Take nothing away from the mistakes that have been made this is a real sign of intent from both Carol & Flitcroft. Nothing but praise regarding this appointment. However I will be keeping a close eye on the next transfer window we can’t have shockers again like we have previously at times, I get the impression Darren Moore is having more of a say now after Flitcrofts statement earlier today 

I don't think DM would have agreed to come unless he had total control of the tactics and set up of the team and a big say in transfers ,He' comes across a no nonsense type of character to me 👍

Gareth Ainsworth has just spoken about The Vale appointing DM he said it's just the type of manager the club needed and he said he loved his time at the vale and he said the fans up there are brilliant . Ainsworth you are a gent and a class act  and will always be a Vale legend to me , mate  👍

24 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

I'm sure there will be protecting clauses in there, Phil, just as I believe there were in DC's 5 year contract...... something like max 1 year's salary (paid monthly?) or until he took another job.

Hope so. I guess this was one of the reasons why we enticed him to come. 

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Gareth Ainsworth has just spoken about The Vale appointing DM he said it's just the type of manager the club needed and he said he loved his time at the vale and he said the fans up there are brilliant . Ainsworth you are a gent and a class act  and will always be a Vale legend to me , mate  👍

Where you seen this? 

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Hope you give him more of a chance than Crosby. 

Crosby had more than enough time come on mate he should of gone after Cheltenham rolled us over in November. Clearly out of his depth & clueless when it come to in game management etc 

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

Crosby has more than enough time come on mate he should have gone after Cheltenham rolled us over in November. Clearly out of his depth & clueless when it come to in game management etc 

Really? You’ve wanted him out after 4 months!. Exactly what I meant, hope Moore is given more of a chance than Crosby was by some.

Archived