onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie Earle Backs Mo

Tosh

Guest RayTab
Who else has had points reductions?? Not just Leeds and Soton you know. I don't even think we will go into admin, therefore we will not get a pts deduction. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_%28British_football%29

Look at the league 2 table the year 3 teams got points deducted. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2%80%9309_Football_League_Two

out of the 4 teams given points deductions only 1 went down.

anyway it won't happen so there is nothing to worry about.

Why won't it happen?

We're insolvent.

We have a board rejecting offers to invest out of hand.

We have no working capital.

We have no assets worth selling or that we could sell.

We're making loss after loss of £300,000+.

So why won't we go into administration with the status quo?

Leeds went down while in Admin, as did Southampton. Notts County did. Middlesboro went bust. Wolves have. Lots of clubs have gone down while in admin. Lets not keep to the 2008/2009 list eh?

Chester.

Tranmere.

I really could go on.

I will.

Stockport of current are gone.

Advert

Who else has had points reductions?? Not just Leeds and Soton you know. I don't even think we will go into admin, therefore we will not get a pts deduction. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_%28British_football%29

Look at the league 2 table the year 3 teams got points deducted. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2%80%9309_Football_League_Two

out of the 4 teams given points deductions only 1 went down.

anyway it won't happen so there is nothing to worry about.

Well on that way of thinking lets hope all the league go in admin and we all have the same points deducted so there will be no need to worry.

You could be rite there,so it would be at least 15 pts deducted and am sure the FA would find some other reason to deduct us more points ,the 30pts could be a maximum I hope, any club can occur ......

But we do not know what will be found when the books are opened. Logic can be lacking when penalties are dished out

Why won't it happen?

We're insolvent.

Leeds went down while in Admin, as did Southampton. Notts County did. Middlesboro went bust. Wolves have. Lots of clubs have gone down while in admin. Lets not keep to the 2008/2009 list eh?

Chester.

Tranmere.

I really could go on.

I will.

Stockport of current are gone.

I thought I would stick to the relevant league. I thought you JUST said we couldn't compare ourselves to Leeds anyway. They had the 15pts loss the season they went into League 1 anyway and did not go down.

Nobody wants the Vale to go into admin but will somebody please point out an alternative to the Starve em out campaign as a way of getting rid of these squatters that are inhabiting our boardroom.

I dont expect to be bombarded with other solutions, in fact I dont expect one real alternative, so until one comes up its no season ticket for me and my lads.

Lets make it clear Vile 2001 do have an alternative to administration by accepting Mo's offer. If that doesnt happen and we go into admin its all down to our 'saviours' the present board.

Guest RayTab
I thought I would stick to the relevant league. I thought you JUST said we couldn't compare ourselves to Leeds anyway. They had the 15pts loss the season they went into League 1 anyway and did not go down.

Relevant league makes no difference really, in the football league you play the same amount of fixtures in each league. Therefore you have the same probability.

Thats just dodging a bullet.

Leeds were in administration midway through the season in Championship, when relegated they received there deduction for the preceding season for breach of FA rules. Basically if you are in administration between two seasons (Through pre season basically) you will receive a points deduction. Now with Starve 'Em Out and no season ticket sales amongst other sales we will have no working capital during the summer and likely to drop into administration over the summer, and we will be eligible for a points deduction.

Still some questions their for you to answer. For you benefit I'll repost them. What a nice guy I am eh?

We're insolvent.

Nobody wants the Vale to go into admin but will somebody please point out an alternative to the Starve em out campaign as a way of getting rid of these squatters that are inhabiting our boardroom.

I dont expect to be bombarded with other solutions, in fact I dont expect one real alternative, so until one comes up its no season ticket for me and my lads.

Lets make it clear Vile 2001 do have an alternative to administration by accepting Mo's offer. If that doesnt happen and we go into admin its all down to our 'saviours' the present board.

How about everyone buys their season ticket as usual but then doesn't go the games? A loss for the fans I agree but surely that would help the board see that change is needed without risking putting the club into admin and risking a 30pts deduction and conference football?

Relevant league makes no difference really, in the football league you play the same amount of fixtures in each league. Therefore you have the same probability.

Thats just dodging a bullet.

Leeds were in administration midway through the season in Championship, when relegated they received there deduction.

Still some questions their for you to answer. For you benefit I'll reports them. What a nice guy I am eh?

1. We're insolvent.

2. We have a board rejecting offers to invest out of hand.

3. We have no working capital.

4. We have no assets worth selling or that we could sell.

5. We're making loss after loss of £300,000+.

1. Are we, or is that just what you have read on here?

2. You don't know what the offers were, perhaps they genuinely weren't in the best interests of the club

3. Neither do many clubs in the football league. We have just employed an experienced man in Perry Deakin to try and generate some new revenue streams. Lets see how he does first eh?

4. We have a few players that could go to higher leagues for a transfer fee.

5. Let's wait for the new figures to be posted. Most clubs are making similar losses with even smaller fan bases and surviving ok. (Bury for instance)

How about everyone buys their season ticket as usual but then doesn't go the games? A loss for the fans I agree but surely that would help the board see that change is needed without risking putting the club into admin and risking a 30pts deduction and conference football?

Are you suggesting the board would see that the fans aren't happy and stand down? People gifting them money and allowing them to continue is their dream ticket.

And this talk about starve them out bringing about admin is rubbish. The board have a legal responsibility. If they take the club into admin, regardless of the reason, if there is a real alternative available and they ignore it, they will be held responsible, and the shareholders could sue them.

Guest RayTab

No. That gives the board the money up front to carry on struggling along, The fans buying season tickets won't really make that much difference. If you look at the accounts that are readily available we will make a similar loss next year. We'd just be prolonging the agony, and at the same time having a massively incompetent board in charge. You don't get this do you? We want them out, now. Not next year. No apathy. No sympathy. Just gone.

They have proven year on year they cannot do their job and cannot turn Vale around from loss making into profit making while being stable and scandal free. Why give them another year to prove they can't do their job. They've had 8 years in charge and have provided loss's in 6 of those. Losses we cannot sustain.

We are currently on life support.

You cant be serious.

it's already happining we had 6000 season ticket holders 2yrs ago gates are dropping this season after people getting fed up of gannon etc

The board don't give a chuff

IF you are going to use that argument it works both ways. The board were responsible for selling a RECORD amount of season tickets. Have a look at that years attendances, very rarely all ST holders turned up. I can't remember many gates above 6000 that year...supporters have been gained rather than lost. We were playing in front of 3500 in league 1 a few years ago.

And Melv, just an idea ok although I wouldn't expect any idea that involved buying a ticket to interest you.

No thanks,I will buy £200 of lottery tickets on Friday, and rip them up before the draw. Just as silly.

Guest RayTab
1. Are we, or is that just what you have read on here?

2. You don't know what the offers were, perhaps they genuinely weren't in the best interests of the club

3. Neither do many clubs in the football league. We have just employed an experienced man in Perry Deakin to try and generate some new revenue streams. Lets see how he does first eh?

4. We have a few players that could go to higher leagues for a transfer fee.

5. Let's wait for the new figures to be posted. Most clubs are making similar losses with even smaller fan bases and surviving ok. (Bury for instance)

We are insolvent. When I left prison the second and last time, I thought, ****, I can't get a job, so I need to be over qualified. I trained as an accountant to work as a clerk. So i know how to read accounts, and our accounts say we have litterally pennies to play with and they are running out. So yes, we are insolvent. You can read the accounts to if you're a shareholder or request them from Companies House.

I don't know. But as a shareholder I have a legal right to know. From that I can form my own judgement based on facts from each side. Then use my shares to vote in what I feel is the best interests of the club. Mo has produced a Brochure, the Board have produced a Blueprint. I have compared both, and the reputation of those on the board and Mo as to whom has the best skills top run a leisure business. Mo wins. By a long way.

How is Perry Deakin going to get new revenue in when we don't have a Commercial Department. When he hasn't even publically spoke about what he is going to do? When fans will not buy season tickets? A new CEO papers over the cracks. Whats more, he isn't actually that experienced as a CEO of any business let alone a football club.

Like whom? Nobody pays transfer fees anymore in the lower leagues, even in the Championship, they either get free transfers from Premiership clubs or Frees from lower league clubs when their contracts are up. The Bosman ruling killed transfer fees in the lower leagues. Mark Richards is 28, nobody will pay for a 28 year old forward in league two. If he was 20, then they'd be queuing up.

What new figures? We had new figures at the end of March. They will be the 'new' figures untill the next AGM in November/December time. With no season ticket sales do you believe we can turn our losses around? Most clubs don't make year on year losses the size of ours. If they do, they have other aspects of their business where they are diverse enough to claw that money back. I point at Walsall for being a massive billboard at the M6 Junction 8 which they sell out for £100,000 per anum. Which is the same as their shirt sponsor deal. We have not got any diversity because we haven't looked at it.

Archived