onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

How do you know that he's been approached and that they have started discussions about compo & wages?

I would guess we would blow Barrow out of the water to what he's on at Barrow

She can’t/won’t even pay the emergency paramedics bill. 

I don’t know that they’ve been approached but unless there is no compo he ain’t coming. 

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Hey Neil,

Pete Wild would be a better manager for us than Crosby by a million miles.

He did a great job at Halifax too

Yeah I'm sure that he'd be great.

I was just interested to understand if anyone had suggested Wild before he had his stint at Barrow.  Would the fans calling for Crosby's head now be happy with appointing an unproven maganger from non league, it wasn't so long ago that we did similar employing both Lee Sinnott and Neil Aspin, both of whom had great records at the time but were not so good here.

Even some of the comments in this thread are suggesting that this type of manager is the cheap option!

12 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Yeah I'm sure that he'd be great.

I was just interested to understand if anyone had suggested Wild before he had his stint at Barrow.  Would the fans calling for Crosby's head now be happy with appointing an unproven maganger from non league, it wasn't so long ago that we did similar employing both Lee Sinnott and Neil Aspin, both of whom had great records at the time but were not so good here.

Even some of the comments in this thread are suggesting that this type of manager is the cheap option!

With the appointments of Lee Sinnott and Neil Aspin, they were on a hiding to nothing.

Sinnott because of the owners and also keeping back stabbing people in place like Grew, Glover & Ray Williams never helped.

Aspin had Smurf to contend with.

Wild is one that you keep an eye on in non-league, he's made the step up to the football league easily enough now, so, the time is now to strike

bloody hell.
Last question on it. Do you think that is a financial thing or just they she's fell out with them and trying to make some kind of stand?
I've got friends whos fathers business did work for the club. They didn't pay him for 6 months and have now agreed a payment plan. They are very lucky he's a vale fan.

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

bloody hell.

Last question on it. Do you think that is a financial thing or just they she's fell out with them and trying to make some kind of stand?

One of the guys who sits pitch side in case of a player emergency told me that the last 4 payments have bounced. I’ve got no reason not to believe him. It’s a requirement for the club to have these guys at every game in case of a player emergency on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, WV said:

One of the guys who sits pitch side in case of a player emergency told me that the last 4 payments have bounced. I’ve got no reason not to believe him. It’s a requirement for the club to have these guys at every game in case of a player emergency on the pitch. 

Did not realise that its got that bad

7 minutes ago, WV said:

Is this the same guy that told u your last load of <ovf censored> u wrote on here regarding autonet 

3 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Did not realise that its got that bad

It’s not that bad, it’s simply managing cash flow. At a football club your income is very much up and down depending on your home fixtures. You only have to look at the number of home games postponed so far to see the club missed out on expected income. This invite manages your expenditure for services required to host games throughout the season. Wages tend to come out of the budget driven by cash in the bank at the behind the season from season ticket sales.

A large number of SME’s have been doing the same since Covid. If you can put a business back without putting your service or the other business at risk that’s what you do.

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

You only have to look at the number of home games postponed so far to see the club missed out on expected income.

You know what else would have helped? Not incompetently bottling a 2-0 lead to reach the next round of the FA Cup. Or actually showing up against Middlesbrough instead of the snivelling cowardly lost the second it kicked off performance we actually got. 

Archived