onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

Not Crosbys biggest fan but if we sack him Flitcroft has to go with him, or I can't see anything changing, he is at least 50% responsible for the poor year we've had with constant poor recruitment. Again Crosby doesn't and won't go blameless he is responsible with at least getting a tune out of these players and can't seem to do that. A real change in the staff is needed in my opinion. 

Honestly, Adams would have these for breakfast.  No I'm not saying go out and get him either😅

22 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Why would they? Isn’t that what happens in football? Names get mentioned when they impress - not really sure your point is on this one 

It's an incredible argument, isn't it?

Did anyone ever mention Guardiola before he won 6 trophies in a calendar year with Barcelona in 2009? No? Well he must be naff.

21 minutes ago, Santa said:

I’m fairly sure that we would only appoint someone like Ainsworth over Flitcroft’s dead body. It wouldn’t just be a change of manager, it would be a complete philosophy shift.

I am afraid you are right. We are wedded to a system whether it works or not. And the man at the helm of all this is a man who took Bury FC into liquidation

I do not know why football clubs now have to commit themselves to have a stated way of playing. Surely winning matches is what matters most. I can't stand Steve Evans, wouldn't want him, but if he came and bought us success I would take it. (this is an extreme example I agree)

16 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

I am afraid you are right. We are wedded to a system whether it works or not. And the man at the helm of all this is a man who took Bury FC into liquidation

I do not know why football clubs now have to commit themselves to have a stated way of playing. Surely winning matches is what matters most. I can't stand Steve Evans, wouldn't want him, but if he came and bought us success I would take it. (this is an extreme example I agree)

Id say it’s something we have been missing for years. It’s shown to have worked with a lot of successful teams. If a manager leaves then you dont have to have a massive overhaul, or be left with a squad of players that dont fit the managers style. Stoke have done this a number of times now, and look how well that went. Man Utd have loft any sense of identity because each manager plays a different way. The main issue we have is that you still need to be flexible, which AC isnt. There have been times due to injuries thats we have played square pegs in round holes instead of adapting, or cracking on regardless of it not working in a game.  

Id say it’s something we have been missing for years. It’s shown to have worked with a lot of successful teams. If a manager leaves then you dont have to have a massive overhaul, or be left with a squad of players that dont fit the managers style. Stoke have done this a number of times now, and look how well that went. Man Utd have loft any sense of identity because each manager plays a different way. The main issue we have is that you still need to be flexible, which AC isnt. There have been times due to injuries thats we have played square pegs in round holes instead of adapting, or cracking on regardless of it not working in a game.  
Haven't Stoke just changed back to 4-3-3 and got a rather good result.
At the moment, we are trying to play a type of way that works in the premiership with that standard of player but doesn't work at league 1 level.
It can't make sense for any club to stick to only one style of play. That would mean ignoring a raft of highly talented players and coaches just because they play or prefer a different style. So clubs would all go down on a sinking ship whilst sticking to their principles.
MK Dons did exactly this and had two successive relegations. We have put in good performances this season. But I put this down to our two best loanees since Keith Leonard (sorry 95% of you won't remember him). Devine and Arblaster have been a revelation compared to the usual dross we get on loan (and yes I know Flitcroft has to get credit there) but they will go back to their parent clubs. We will be very lucky to drop on another two like them.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

14 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

At the moment, we are trying to play a type of way that works in the premiership with that standard of player but doesn't work at league 1 level.
It can't make sense for any club to stick to only one style of play. That would mean ignoring a raft of highly talented players and coaches just because they play or prefer a different style. So clubs would all go down on a sinking ship whilst sticking to their principles.
MK Dons did exactly this and had two successive relegations. We have put in good performances this season. But I put this down to our two best loanees since Keith Leonard (sorry 95% of you won't remember him). Devine and Arblaster have been a revelation compared to the usual dross we get on loan (and yes I know Flitcroft has to get credit there) but they will go back to their parent clubs. We will be very lucky to drop on another two like them.

Like I said on the January signings thread. Despite them both being good signings they were both very much chancer signings  on paper, we've been lucky they have come good or we could have been in a real bad predicament. 2 lads, one with no previous experience in men's professional football and one with 5 appearances in non league football is a complete shot in the dark they come good. I'm not sure a gamble deserves credit. Had it gone the other way he'd be slaughtered for it again for me we're lucky they come good. 

16 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

I suppose you could discount the last 6 managers they’ve had in the last 5 years, and the likelihood they will have to bring in another batch of players next summer, based on one win.

Like I said on the January signings thread. Despite them both being good signings they were both very much chancer signings  on paper, we've been lucky they have come good or we could have been in a real bad predicament. 2 lads, one with no previous experience in men's professional football and one with 5 appearances in non league football is a complete shot in the dark they come good. I'm not sure a gamble deserves credit. Had it gone the other way he'd be slaughtered for it again for me we're lucky they come good. 
I can run with that

I suppose you could discount the last 6 managers they’ve had in the last 5 years, and the likelihood they will have to bring in another batch of players next summer, based on one win.
Even if you stick to managers playing the same system, it doesn't mean you won't get bad managers picking bad players.
So if the 6 managers Stoke had got through, could all have been playing the same formations, made no difference just didn't work out for them.
Yes it is only one win. Doesn't mean a lot. Just shows you can change systems and the world doesn't fall apart. Yes Stoke's manager will probably have a squad overhaul to suit his style. That's just common sense.
If a club is playing a style of football which is obviously failing. It makes sense to try something different.
To impose just one style throughout a club. Including academy players makes no sense. Young players should be trained to be able to adapt to all systems otherwise it does the club no favours, it limits the abilities of the trainees and their development also restricting their ability to find employment in the professional game.
But if you want to stick with one system no matter what the results then fine.

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Rampant zebra are you having a laugh did I read your post correctly you think  winning 2 out of 5 games and losing the other 3 is good your living in cloud cuckoo land .

The team had 3 points from 5 qualifying games before Crosby and he won 6 points from the 5 he was in charge for in a European competition. 

Archived