onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wigan Athletic (H) match thread - 16th Dec

robf

8 hours ago, manc_vale said:

Watching for the first time from the posh seats as an 80th birthday present for my dad... Come on vale, pull a performance from somewhere, anywhere for me...

It's too much to dream of a hat-trick from our senior striker (are performing players allowed to stay on the pitch to complete hat tricks)

Enjoy the game, the hospitality and (hopefully) the result! 

UTV! 

• Like 2

Advert

7 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I know you are trying to be positive but it's a pointless statement you have made.

Its pointless saying if it was 5 minutes of injury because it wasnt.

Stevenage were a League Two team last season and we have not beaten them in 3 games now.

They have taken points / beaten most teams in league 1 this season and sit 3rd 

you could say they haven’t managed to beat us over 90 minutes in 3 games.. to spin it if you like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dazzerjames said:

They have taken points / beaten most teams in league 1 this season and sit 3rd 

you could say they haven’t managed to beat us over 90 minutes in 3 games.. to spin it if you like.

Spinning it, we can not beat a team that was in League Two last season.

Spinning it even more, I will come back to you after we have played the likes of Bolton, Derby & Portsmouth again

12 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Spinning it, we can not beat a team that was in League Two last season.

Spinning it even more, I will come back to you after we have played the likes of Bolton, Derby & Portsmouth again

You will probably only come back when vale have lost . Whoever that maybe against. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mellor! said:

It's not the team that is the problem...

Agreed but some of the players have to take responsibility as well. If the gaffer was telling me to play a certain way then yes that's what i would do but they have to take the initiative at times like having a pop from distance or trying something else to suprise the opposition. Not defending their box, not tracking a man, sloppy passes, unable to trap a bag of wind, being braver & more committed. This is down to the players once they cross that white line. We all know the problem is higher up with the manager & DOF but collectively it's not good enough 

• Like 2

How's Dan Jones?.

I personally feel he could add something to our play from the left centre back  half position .

With one decent ball he could turn most defences around .

So I for one be glad when he is back .

Cass funny enough was superb in a ten man defence when Smith got sent off but hardly been seen since .

He no worse than anyone else actually he gets the ball and gets on his travels I quite like to be honest. 

If players standards drop then they should be replaced .

That's the whole point of having a squad of competent players which they all are on there day .

V Wigan i would go with this side .

Ripley 

Debrah Lowe Smith 

Massey   ojo               Sang 

Arblaster Devine 

Garrity 

Uche

Make no mistake about it though I do not want to see balls coming in from.one side constantly  and the manager just letting it happen as soon as that does happen then he must be brave and go 3 up front sacrificing a player from midfield as the best form of defence is attack .

Hopefully bench as Jones Wilson Loft Grant Walters Dipepa chislett  luietweiler on .

Icavettti will have to drop out of squad if his performances do not pick up 

I ain't seen the goals from tues even though I was there I cannot quite see that far, but whoever was at fault needs to have the punishment of being dropped .

No professional football team should ever concede 3 at home especially when opposition didn't look like they could score any while Gavin Ollie and Alfie were on because they were too busy running back towards there own goal. 

Like I say attack is the best form of defence alwayshas being always will be 

With the middlesboro game the game after I'll be looking see who wants be selected for that .

Only a win and a good performance will be acceptable to me after tues 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

Tuesday has clocked the players, to use a second hand car phrase. Watched Newcastle last night and in the second half that was their problem. So we must be able to physically match Wigan and that might affect team selection. 

I'm going to put this on the line now. I've had enough of Crosby. If his mindless management continues I'm going to stop coming. Really. The club will not lose out financially this season as I'm a season ticket holder. Given the shambles in the shop, I never have time to buy anything after games either. Only used the in-house catering once this season to see if Hollands Pies were as bad as I remember. Yep. 

You may sense I'm bitter and twisted. I think that's because on the pitch I've been watching utter tripe for nearly 12 months. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

How's Dan Jones?.

I personally feel he could add something to our play from the left centre back  half position .

With one decent ball he could turn most defences around .

So I for one be glad when he is back .

Cass funny enough was superb in a ten man defence when Smith got sent off but hardly been seen since .

He no worse than anyone else actually he gets the ball and gets on his travels I quite like to be honest. 

If players standards drop then they should be replaced .

That's the whole point of having a squad of competent players which they all are on there day .

V Wigan i would go with this side .

Ripley 

Debrah Lowe Smith 

Massey   ojo               Sang 

Arblaster Devine 

Garrity 

Uche

Make no mistake about it though I do not want to see balls coming in from.one side constantly  and the manager just letting it happen as soon as that does happen then he must be brave and go 3 up front sacrificing a player from midfield as the best form of defence is attack .

Hopefully bench as Jones Wilson Loft Grant Walters Dipepa luietweiler on .

Icavettti will have to drop out of squad if his performances do not pick up 

I ain't seen the goals from tues even though I was there I cannot quite see that far, but whoever was at fault needs to have the punishment of being dropped .

With the middlesboro game the game after I'll be looking see who wants be selected for that .

Only a win and a good performance will be acceptable to me after tues 

UTV 

Dan Jones is a strange one, can see him being moved on in january alongside conlon & cass. Agree with cass i don't mind him going forward & when he's on the ball it's his defending that's the problem he's so lightweight 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Dan Jones is a strange one, can see him being moved on in january alongside conlon & cass. Agree with cass i don't mind him going forward & when he's on the ball it's his defending that's the problem he's so lightweight 

It's hard to move on non playing players. In Jones case he's too injury prone and unproven at L1 level. Who will take him? I'd keep Conlon and work on him. It depends if he can be L1 standard fitness after coming back. I say that only after due consideration because I felt he was too slow and too one footed last season. Cass has not established himself over several years at L1 / L2 level. Stick or twist - twist. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I was on here in the summer saying no way should we be giving Dan Jones a new contract.

Not only is he injury prone but I never got on the bandwagon like everybody else did of how good he was, I just never saw it.

He's got a mistake in him. Assets of a good left foot and long throw do not offset this. Also he needs a run of games to warm up, otherwise his long passing goes awry. 

He doesn't fit into a Crosby team because he wants to pass the ball forward. 

Edited by Warren
  • Haha 2