onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough H EFL QF Tickets/Crowd

Valiant62

6 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

The last line is saying that the £4 discount is excluded for cup competitions not the actual getting the ticket

that was my reckoning but it does make you wonder now nothing has even been mentioned regarding 1876 members. If we're away to a big club like say Derby members get priority after st holders so i don't see why it would or should be any different if there's a high demand for a big game at home in the cup. Club need to come out with some announcement at least to clear it up 

Advert

The benefits are listed as follows;

• £4 saving on matchday ticket prices in all home general admission areas of Vale Park. Discounts only eligible for tickets purchased prior to matchday. Any tickets bought on the day of a game will not be eligible for 1876 Membership discount.
  • Priority access to all in-demand home and away tickets before they are released on general sale, following the access period to Season Ticket holders.
  • 5% discount in our club shop. This excludes local range and sale items.
  • More benefits to come.

I've highlighted "all".

The caveat reads as follows

"*Please Note: Discounted ticket prices are only available for home EFL league fixtures and the 1876 Membership is the only way to get early purchase discount on match tickets. All cup competitions are excluded."

If the last sentence was in reference to priority access, in order to be clear, it would have to have it's own note, separate to the one referring to the price drop. Besides, it would be easy enough to simply remove "all" and replace with "all league games".

It's certainly not how the club originally intended it. How many league games are at risk of selling out? They clearly meant cup games. No doubt about it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

The benefits are listed as follows;

• £4 saving on matchday ticket prices in all home general admission areas of Vale Park. Discounts only eligible for tickets purchased prior to matchday. Any tickets bought on the day of a game will not be eligible for 1876 Membership discount.
  • Priority access to all in-demand home and away tickets before they are released on general sale, following the access period to Season Ticket holders.
  • 5% discount in our club shop. This excludes local range and sale items.
  • More benefits to come.

I've highlighted "all".

The caveat reads as follows

"*Please Note: Discounted ticket prices are only available for home EFL league fixtures and the 1876 Membership is the only way to get early purchase discount on match tickets. All cup competitions are excluded."

If the last sentence was in reference to priority access, in order to be clear, it would have to have it's own note, separate to the one referring to the price drop. Besides, it would be easy enough to simply remove "all" and replace with "all league games".

It's certainly not how the club originally intended it. How many league games are at risk of selling out? They clearly meant cup games. No doubt about it.

yeah you've covered it enough there for me 👍🏻 nice one mate it's clearly stating that discount isn't available on cup games. The fact it says all home & away games in demand shows they've not stuck to their words & is wrong 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

that was my reckoning but it does make you wonder now nothing has even been mentioned regarding 1876 members. If we're away to a big club like say Derby members get priority after st holders so i don't see why it would or should be any different if there's a high demand for a big game at home in the cup. Club need to come out with some announcement at least to clear it up 
Most club sites I have wandered on give members preference over general sales.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vtid said:

I just think it is a simple oversight from the club. I'm sure that will be rectified in the next day or so

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Most club sites I have wandered on give members preference over general sales.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

The club have now got a cracking chance to promote the scheme and monopolize it.

Middlesbrough ticket sales order:

1. Season ticket sales + 1 ticket

2. 1876 Memberships . If you do not have one then sign up for a membership now & guarantee your ticket just incase it does not reach the general sale stage

3.  General sale

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Yes I have but that's not the main issue here, for me at least, it's the fact members don't get priority after ST holders. Tickets are released to ST holders, then straight to general sale.

I don't agree with the club allowing ST holders to buy as many tickets as possible, but that is out of my hands and something the club is in their right to choose. But removing a key benefit of the membership scheme is completely wrong, and could probably be challenged legally.

I've no idea what the deal is with 1876 membership but if its how you described then I agree with your point which needs to be addressed directly with the club to to review and not jus highlighted on the forum hence my question.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Yes, done that. Just posted on here to rant.

So you have come on here for a negative rant about the club before you even get the answer? Why, are you just stirring it? I can't see any other reason for all this. It is either an oversight, the club interpreting the rules differently to you or a callous disregard for the true fan. I can't believe it is the latter so you are just moaning about something which might not even have a case.

39 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

So you have come on here for a negative rant about the club before you even get the answer? Why, are you just stirring it? I can't see any other reason for all this. It is either an oversight, the club interpreting the rules differently to you or a callous disregard for the true fan. I can't believe it is the latter so you are just moaning about something which might not even have a case.

To be fair, you are the one that's been stirring it and getting people wound up with your misunderstanding of the exclusion clause for the 1876 membership. 

You have been on a crusade about it and yet not once have you said that you have owned up and admitted that you are wrong.

People have every right to voice their opinion on here

• Like 4

It's gotta be fair for the people who come watch Vale .

Be honest a 1876 member is defo going go more than 1 game a season as paying 15 quid for membership makes it 35 quid for one game .

So  benefits of membership card out of 23 home games you would like think they go at least 10 games .

When smurf was at the helm I could only afford a 10 game ticket as kids were growing up etc etc so I think the 1876 members should be able purchase there tickets same time as us season ticket holders as support is greatly appreciated .

Now for someone who doesn't know where Vale park is and last game they went was Man City Away then they should pay double 50 quid a ticket 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention