onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

In Need Of Strikers

ValiantJake

Advert

Its a strange one really because for the most of the season we were one of the top scorers in the division. I dont think last season we were in need of strikers as much as a better delivery of the ball into them as if we had so few shots compared to a decent goal return I suppose our strikers must have been fairly clinical.

It is going to be extremely difficult to get enough goals in the team.

Replacing Richards' and Rigg's 30 goals won't be easy - and we didn't score enough with them in the side and finished outside the play offs, so we need to find about 50 goals from somewhere.

Any suggestions? These players don't grow on trees.

Its a strange one really because for the most of the season we were one of the top scorers in the division. I dont think last season we were in need of strikers as much as a better delivery of the ball into them as if we had so few shots compared to a decent goal return I suppose our strikers must have been fairly clinical.

I agree. The strikers cant be held totally at fault. it is not their responsibilty to make and take chances. Others need to create more, thats why i'm surprised Marshall has been released.

I'm sure MA already has plenty of irons in the fire regarding goalscorers,as he's already stated he's been talking to players and i'm glad he hasn't named any as that would alert other clubs of our interest.It'll be interesting once KR's takeover is complete to see who we do get in but i'm pretty confident there'll already be some agreements in place.

I'm sure MA already has plenty of irons in the fire regarding goalscorers,as he's already stated he's been talking to players and i'm glad he hasn't named any as that would alert other clubs of our interest.It'll be interesting once KR's takeover is complete to see who we do get in but i'm pretty confident there'll already be some agreements in place.

The think is, there may be agreements in place with players, but has any striker Micky has signed scored more than 10 goals in a season? Rigg got 10 this year, but thats all I can think of over 3 years, and we need 3 times that many to replace what we have already lost.

The think is, there may be agreements in place with players, but has any striker Micky has signed scored more than 10 goals in a season? Rigg got 10 this year, but thats all I can think of over 3 years, and we need 3 times that many to replace what we have already lost.

Surely Justin Richards got more than 10?

I do agree with you though and I don't think MA has been that great in the transfer market and I aren't convinced that we have got that many irons in the fire. He seems to me to have far too much faith in the current lot for me.

Surely Justin Richards got more than 10?

I do agree with you though and I don't think MA has been that great in the transfer market and I aren't convinced that we have got that many irons in the fire. He seems to me to have far too much faith in the current lot for me.

JR got 9 league goals in his season, with 14 in all. So it all depends on how you want to read it I suppose. Either way, it's still not great and with losing 30 goals, and needing more for promotion, I'm worried about our fire power next season. Will Micky even be able to bring in the 30 goals needed to replace Rigg and Rico, nevermind the further 20 goals that are probably needed to make us a force.

Unlikely as they live in different houses. Where on this thread has anyone talked about sacking? But he has still got a lot to prove.

It is a test for Micky but I think its an exciting prospect because with rico and griff going freeing up good wages plus an increased budget if he gets it right then we'll take some stopping but he's got to get it right (providing Ryder does take over). As a long suffering Vale fan I can be nothing but optimistic at best but get it right and we have a better team than last season and thats without rico, griff and rigg although id have liked to keep them all.

We were top scorers at the start of the season when Marc Richards was injured and goals galore went in from a range of players. He came back and the goals dried up. Unfortunately, we've lost Rigg, who teamed up well with Pope.

Mind you, we did concede loads too.

Archived