onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Adams preparing for league 2 title charge (BBC football website dated 27/04)

ValeForever.

Why the hell bother coming out with this drivel in the first place. I appreciate his comments in the paper today about not being able to sign anybody outside of last year's group at the moment. You would think if hes talking about a title charge we would atleast be keeping a couple of our better assets, griff gone, rigg gone to oxford! Rico due to leave any day now according to numerus sources.

Why the hell can we not compete with oxford, Leyton orient and chesterfield!?

If we can't match the wages of oxford then what chance do we have at a title charge?

What's changed between that interview and now? Is it that our players don't trust Adams anymore and are taking a leaf out of his 'look out for number one book'.

Terrible close season so far.

Advert

Money is the answer and we dont have it. Hence why we are now having to make do with average players. Mid table season coming up again.

I think thats very optimistic tbh. If we carry on at this rate we'll be lucky to stay up. Very poor and its once again embarassing to be associated with the club.

I dont know what u lot expect to happen.... Some players were bound to leave with everything thats gone on. Whats so wrong with a fresh start..... instead of slating everything that goes on.

Griff was 100% committed yes but is he replaceable with something better - definately and as for rigg he always flattered to deceive and wouldn't even be first eleven in my opinion.

We'll be in mid-table at least, purely because half the teams are conference sides with a football league badge. I could get a few against some of the ***** we come up against. Let's see who Micky brings in, but there will be little chance of the top 7 without Rico.

It would seem that next season will be one of re-building and to be fair the players that are leaving have served the club well but not really got us any where, I am sure that the manager knows who he want to bring in but his hands are tied due to our current situation, think back to the 2010-11 season Southend started their pre-season with 8 players on the books, so with Griff, Rigg leaving and possibly followed by Rico it is not the end of the world, not ideal granted, but the club will go on and with the right investment move upwards.

To be fair to the players that have left or decide to move on, you cannot really blame them, if a rival company offered to double my wage I and I think many other people would be gone.

as long as we got ma we got a chance. he can turn average L2 players into a team, all the players that have gone so far can be replaced, lets see what mr chairman does with the budget before we write off our season, still think a few more will go yet and to be fair depending on who it is might not be a bad thing.

If you can't sign no players, then surely you can sign players.

Id like to sign players, sign as many as possible out the door bar Rico n Loft.

Jesus i bet defences up n down the land are cacking themselves at the thought of that scoring machine pope & the free scoring williamson next season.

We have the slowest defence in memory, a midfield devoid of creativity so micky resigns them all up & says "i have no choice" what a load of drivel.

Title charge?? haha someones having a laugh, not with these monky chumps in the squad.

Why the hell bother coming out with this drivel in the first place. I appreciate his comments in the paper today about not being able to sign anybody outside of last year's group at the moment. You would think if hes talking about a title charge we would atleast be keeping a couple of our better assets, griff gone, rigg gone to oxford! Rico due to leave any day now according to numerus sources.

Why the hell can we not compete with oxford, Leyton orient and chesterfield!?

If we can't match the wages of oxford then what chance do we have at a title charge?

What's changed between that interview and now? Is it that our players don't trust Adams anymore and are taking a leaf out of his 'look out for number one book'.

Terrible close season so far.

glad to see you are 100% behind the club and manager, MOLD have gone ,but with some fans nothings changed.

Think some of you guys should take a chill pill,Micky ain't going to come out and say he's got thousands of pounds to spend, even if he had,that ain't how it works,players leaving will be replaced come the end of next week.

well said Grebo.... some people just conner think past today.

Archived