onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Random, perhaps daft, question

I have found out that I shall be in the UK over Easter weekend. A quick look at the fixtures means we have Accy Stanley on Good Friday away. Having got meself all excited I realised it could/should be a sell out for us....am I correct? What are chances of getting a ticket being an expat? Should I be thinking in going in with the home supporters? I know their ground isn't very big, 5,450, just looked. How many tickets will Vale probably get can anyone guess?

Unfortunately, I'm not around for the game on Easter Monday v Oxford. I haven't seen the boys live since Colchester away at the old Layer Road in 2005/2006 season!! I have had a season ticket with iFollow since it started though!

Any advice/thoughts welcomed

Advert

1 - you'll get a tkt as an Accy fan easy enough

2 - you really want a Vale tkt as the home end can have a drum and you may thus get done for murder while you're over here

3  - The fact it's Easter may be your salvation

Anyone on here with good points (season ticket, few away tickets bought) that is ALSO on holiday over Easter could get you a ticket if you liaise together.  Personally don't know yet if I'll be away but there must be some on here that could relatively easily secure a ticket that already knows they can't attend.   Volunteers below and lets get this fella to a game!

14 minutes ago, mattyboy said:

1 - you'll get a tkt as an Accy fan easy enough

2 - you really want a Vale tkt as the home end can have a drum and you may thus get done for murder while you're over here

3  - The fact it's Easter may be your salvation

Anyone on here with good points (season ticket, few away tickets bought) that is ALSO on holiday over Easter could get you a ticket if you liaise together.  Personally don't know yet if I'll be away but there must be some on here that could relatively easily secure a ticket that already knows they can't attend.   Volunteers below and lets get this fella to a game!

Cheers Matty....any help would be great.

I don't mind helping you out if its needed. I haven't looked on the points total but I have a season ticket, have attended a couple of cup games and streamed on ifollow when it's been possible. I would love to go Stanley, they were my league 1 follow when we were in league 2 but I am away in Scotland for easter. If you need a st holder to facilitate a ticket then providing we sort the £ then I've no problem doing that for you.

8 hours ago, chickensteve said:

I don't mind helping you out if its needed. I haven't looked on the points total but I have a season ticket, have attended a couple of cup games and streamed on ifollow when it's been possible. I would love to go Stanley, they were my league 1 follow when we were in league 2 but I am away in Scotland for easter. If you need a st holder to facilitate a ticket then providing we sort the £ then I've no problem doing that for you.

That's very kind of you....judging by what's been said I might be okay to actually get a ticket? I shall wait until details are published and then try online....if I'm struggling I'll be back in touch closer to the date.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS REPLIED!

Looking forward to it already.....

I've had worries before for some away games as sometimes advance Vale tickets can't be posted and are only available for collection from the club shop (not a simple task if you live in Aylesbury or indeed abroad). 

I've always found ringing the home side's ticket office helps.

They are in the "know" and will generally have a good idea whether they think there will be away tickets on the day etc.

When I went to Milton Keynes earlier this season, all Vale tickets were supposedly for collection from the ticket office. I was told by the MK Dons ticket office to buy a ticket from the Vale ticketing website and ignore the message that I needed to collect it as all uncollected tickets would be delivered to their away ticket office before the game. It wasn't obvious at all from the instructions on the Vale ticket office that this was an option but it was true. I just showed them my receipt on the night and got my tickets. I always find speaking to a human who understands the system really does help. There's often an element of trusting their word but personally I've not been given incorrect advice yet.

If a phone call from overseas is an issue it may be worth emailing them perhaps a week or so in advance instead.

Archived