onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryder price review.

melv

The reason clubs offer early bird tickets is mainly for cash flow purposes during the closed season. Bearing in mine the administrators are "ring fencing" ST monies for the new owners and the earliest KR will be the new owner is early in June then perhaps the early bird offer could be extended till end of May ?

Id argue needs to be longer than that, i realise summer cashflow is crucial, but let me ask this question,

ST at £272 people purchase now & sale goes through, Micky then signs up 90% of the squad again, and we experience the same mediocrity?

Would people be happy with that hand on heart???

This squad of players could be together for 20years & i bet they would never achieve even a play off place. Therefore IMO it is also Adams as much as Ryder who play a crucial role this summer in shaping our future, a fresh start & fresh players min 9-10 new players & it might give renewed hope but we all know the current squad isnt good enough so why would we pay ST /walk in price to watch??

Advert

The thing is then Carl, without being on the offensive, go tonight and suggest what you have, use Deanos argument to back up your request

It can't do any harm, just don't go tonight, all guns blazing because that gets us nowhere does it.

On the face of it he seems a decent bloke who wants to listen to as many views as possible, that doesn't mean he'll do everything or even anything anyone asks though

Id argue needs to be longer than that, i realise summer cashflow is crucial, but let me ask this question,

ST at £272 people purchase now & sale goes through, Micky then signs up 90% of the squad again, and we experience the same mediocrity?

Would people be happy with that hand on heart???

This squad of players could be together for 20years & i bet they would never achieve even a play off place. Therefore IMO it is also Adams as much as Ryder who play a crucial role this summer in shaping our future, a fresh start & fresh players min 9-10 new players & it might give renewed hope but we all know the current squad isnt good enough so why would we pay ST /walk in price to watch??

I have all ready made my mind up that I will be renewing.

I actually believe that our cuurent playing budget is large enough to see us challenging for a top 3 position, we may need to spend some money on player purchases though.

In the past I used to sit on the fence re V2001 [ and yes I know this frustrated some ] and argue that we should either run the club as a business or have some one prepared to fund a budget the business model can not support.

If KR wants to come in and fund losses then great, however thats not a long term solution and will ultimately lead us to being in serious financial trouble.

The squad is not good enough, I dont think thats just down to finacial constraints, MA must share some of the blame, however he now has a chance for a mass clear out, I would hope that his years in football and links with other clubs will provide some class players, it has not yet though, I do wonder why.

This is a new start, a financial new start where im hoping the playing budget at worst will be maintained, its also MA chance to prove not only is he a good motivator but that he can also wheel & deal in the transfer market.

I think the point being made is that to attract new fans you have to be competitive. .

Competitive with what? Are you saying that people will watch Vale cos it's cheaper than Stoke and not cos they are vale fans? That people will go to watch Stoke cos of the superior product despite being Vale fans?

Vale does have to be seen by many as offering value for money I agree but that's not by comparison to Stoke but by how enjoyable the experience is for the money being paid

So i think Mr Ryder will need to bring out something special over the next month if he is honestly serious about building the fanbase back which is so obviously needed!

Sorry if I misunderstand this part but Ryder's hands are tied until he takes the club over. Nothing can actually happen before June, can it?

Something I noticed my rugby team, Sale Sharks does to get the best value out of your ST purchase is a ticket exchange programme giving you the opportunity to bring a friend along if you can't make a particular game.

"·Ticket Exchange Programme.Can't make a particular game then don't worry just exchange that ticket for an extra one to another game.You pay for 17 tickets...you get 17 tickets!"

Thoughts?

Archived