onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryder price review.

melv

In which case you are saying there should be no concessions at all?

Why should OAP's students, disabled, kids all pay less?

Or maybe just not allow anyone on any sort of state benefit because you'd consider they were mis-spending their money?

Not at all..I want pensioners to enjoy life's luxuries and they have earned it.

Kids don't work and have no income as such so should not pay full and I want their hard working parents to be able to take them along

Students..hmm..maybe they shouldn't be spending on such a luxury either

Disabled..yeh they should get a discount cos their disasbility maybe prevents them from working. very different to someone able bodied who isn't working.

I don't see why those in employment and working hard should be asked to pay more.

Unemployment benefits and the like are surely not meant to pay for going to football matches

Advert

who is to say that a pensioner has earned it?

They may never have worked in their lives

Regards increasing attendances, how do you suggest clubs tap in to areas such as a large migrant student population. As a Vale fan I am not bothered what they do with their money, just that it is spent at Port Vale and I'd rather them spend £15 on a concession ticket than spend nothing

I'd hope that any new owner and most Vale fans want bums on seats and feel that way too rather than being judgemental on who should and shouldn't be spending their money at Vale

I think the old board share a similar view to yours JA but I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Just targeting those who can afford full price has as one of many reasons been what attendances have fallen

So long as ST prices are always the very best value then I'd hope Mr Ryder would be extremely innovative in how the club looks at getting bums on seats

who is to say that a pensioner has earned it?

They may never have worked in their lives

True but they are undoubtedly elderly and on a fixed income and their pension is paid to them to enjoy their golden years

Regards increasing attendances, how do you suggest clubs tap in to areas such as a large migrant student population. As a Vale fan I am not bothered what they do with their money, just that it is spent at Port Vale and I'd rather them spend £15 on a concession ticket than spend nothing

Well firstly you make the assumption that the club should tap into a large migrant student population..but for now let's assume that they should?

Well I think the first thing is to publicise that for migrant students attending games is safe..publish figures and anecdotal evidence on this.... Then market it as enjoyable..again stats and anecdotal evidence will help with this...active marketing through dialogue..a presence at university/college campuses..in prospectuses (or is it prospecti?). This obviously has a cost

Obvioulsy part of me does want everyone spending money at Vale Park but I don't see why those in work and working hard should pay more . Why not £15 to entice them? Unemployment benefits are not paid for attending football matches

A simple sensible solution...although I have some sympathy with a discount for OAPs..so maybe fixed between 18 and 65?

Thing is John, a young family with a ridiculous mortgage to pay will have less disposable income than some pensioners, where do you draw the line, if you buy a beer, a loaf or a car it's the same for all, at the end of the day you either pay the going rate or you don't!

Thing is John, a young family with a ridiculous mortgage to pay will have less disposable income than some pensioners, where do you draw the line, if you buy a beer, a loaf or a car it's the same for all, at the end of the day you either pay the going rate or you don't!

Exactly..I posted earlier should someone in work pay more for a Mars bar than someone who is unemployed..or can they simply afford more Mars bars? Of course you don't base the price on an individual's income.

But pensioners being oldies and in their twilight years do perhaps deserve to be a special case..not sure cos as you say there are some very wealthy pensioners and many with largeish incomes.

Unemployment benefits are not paid for attending football matches

As the owner of a football club its not your job to decide what people should spend their money on, it's your job to get as many as possible spending it at Vale

If you wish to take the moral highground you could go the whole hog and charge unemployed £30 because they shouldn't be spending it on football and make it a concession if you have a job to pay £20 on proof of a payslip and photo id then LOL

But pensioners being oldies and in their twilight years do perhaps deserve to be a special case..not sure cos as you say there are some very wealthy pensioners and many with largeish incomes.

Mmmm, it's a tricky one, if you go on ability to pay then it's very complicated, if they've been going the Vale for over fifty years then maybe they deserve a reward....or sectioning!:laugh:

Imagine you were a pensioner with limited income . Which would you give up first Food, Beer , Mobility or Football. I know what the majority would say.

Fortunately I wont be that skint but I would like value for money.

No im not bitter Mo didnt get the club, disapointed yes, bitter no.

What i am upset with is an increase on my ST which in all fairness was not value for money & without significant investment in the team i just cannot see how we will compete.

I guess its egg & chicken, i want a better product but want to see improvement in the squad, which comes first an increase to pay for it or should the chairman put money in the squad for good signings to entice people to pay for the hopefully better product.?

One thing that would entice me is the wiping out of this squad (bar Rico & loft) and a new set of players to get behind like Bury did, Swindon did & Southend did, but im certainly not prepared to pay an increase to watch the same failed players again.

Im not one who starved them out, i attended games, all i want is some fairness, a decent price & a squad to be proud of, unfortunately in my opinion paying an increase to watch potential the same set of failures (Remember Adams wants to sign most of these back up as per his interview last week) is not an option & an insult tbh.

As the owner of a football club its not your job to decide what people should spend their money on, it's your job to get as many as possible spending it at Vale

I am not the owner of a football club and am posting my own individual views. By ioffering a discount the woner of a football club is encouraging them to spend their money at his/her club so that contradicts that it's nothing to do with the football club owner

If you wish to take the moral highground you could go the whole hog and charge unemployed £30 because they shouldn't be spending it on football and make it a concession if you have a job to pay £20 on proof of a payslip and photo id then LOL

I don't think I am taking the moral high ground..if anyone is you are:unsure::razz:

The unemployed are free to spend their money as they wish but I don't think they should be incentivised to spend it on a luxury like a football match and I don't think those working hard should be penalised for it by paying more

Should a Mars bar be cheaper for the unemployed? A holiday in Torquay? SKY? And so on?

Limited income goes straight across the board though, Nick, and some pensioners like yourself are rolling in it! :rolleyes:

The only reason I'm rolling in it is that I'm not a pensioner. I'm still working but with no mortgage.

The sherriff's a pensioner though, bless. These local authority pensions are money for old rope.:yes:

Should a Mars bar be cheaper for the unemployed? A holiday in Torquay? SKY? And so on?

Its down to the choice of the owner, its then down to the choice of the other customers if they're so outraged as to whether they still attend or not

Let me ask you this then

We want to increase attendances, get more bums on seats, get people who have never come to Vale before to start attending

How do you do that by offering them tickets at full price, that option has always been open to them and they chose not to come.

I really don't care how its done but I want to see lots more people in Vale Park. How do you do that without using ticket pricing as an incentive?

This goes back to the nationwide advert about perks only being for new customers but you have to attract new customers somehow, nationwide may or may not do it but the vast majority of companies do try and tempt new customers with very generous offers

Archived