onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Injuries

osprey

That’s what one of the lads we were chatting to at the game said yesterday……. He said that as well as Small he’d heard that macarron had gone back too. That’s obviously an unconfirmed rumour though. 
If that's true we're very short at LWB until Jan. If Benning gets injured maybe we'll move Robinson across. Worst case call a youth teamer up.

Advert

14 hours ago, PV1973 said:

That’s what one of the lads we were chatting to at the game said yesterday……. He said that as well as Small he’d heard that macarron had gone back too. That’s obviously an unconfirmed rumour though. 

Let's hope so, and let's draw a line under the whole sordid affair.

Did anyone hear Adam Yates talking about the pitch before the Exeter game.  Interestingly he was saying that the impact of the pitch on injuries and fitness was known about, and even exploited, when he was playing for Micky Adams.  Apparently it was a tactic employed by Adams to use Yates as a decoy runner to tire out or make opposition players more susceptible to injury knowing the pitch was ‘heavy on the legs’ (not because the pitch was bigger than most).  

Perhaps DC’s comments when he first came in regards the number of injuries the team had under the old regime were misdirected and not due to the players or the previous training regime, but a reflection of the pitch itself?  Who knows, the use of our new and/or expanded sports science team in the context of a bog of a home pitch, may be a major contributing factor to why we have so much squad rotation - what might our injured list look like if we didn’t rotate the squad so much?

• 1 month later...
On 06/11/2022 at 11:13, Valiiant said:

Forgot about Ojo still being out. To think that we could and should have beat a very decent side like Exeter yesterday without Wilson, Harrison, Ojo, Garrity, Walker, Forrester and Hall in the starting 11... In recent seasons if you took out 5 or 6 of our better players we would look absolutely awful.

I agree with this opinion. You can't ask for more than that. I'm in college now and have found (link removed by admin) to solve everything. Because I don't have enough time for my hobby. I think I'm not the only one who does this, I also hope there are many people in solidarity with me.

wow

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

Anyone know how we're doing with injuries after over 2 weeks without a game? Is Wilson out long term? Is Ojo fully fit now? Where's Proctor? What about walker? Surely a few will be back or nearly?

I don't believe Wilson is out long term. Ojo I Imagine will start next game but I couldn't say that he was fully fit. Proctor is a mystery but if he is going to play football again he can't be far away. Walker is not injured

Archived