onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

7 hours ago, werstayinup said:

If it had been a push i would agree with you 100% BUT whether Smith made a meal of it or not the 21 turned around and just kicked him,that is a straight red( I would think the same if a Vale player did it) so for me both the ref and liner weren't watching that incident and thats why he only spoke to the player

This was just one of a few decisions the ref got wrong! No matter what Smith did, if their player had done nothing, Smudge would have just looked stupid for going down like that. But, for their player to kick him is unpardonable - as a player you know if you retaliate you're going to get into trouble - the fact he didn't is because the officials weren't doing their jobs! Which became a pattern throughout the game!

Advert

4 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Were you sitting next to Jacko51?

Connor Wickham (FGR 21) did not kick him. If anything, Smith (Vale 6) was doing some shithousing of his own on the floor with Wickham.

James Wilson was lucky to stay on the pitch in the second half. On another day his yellow would have been a red

That's rubhbish about Wickhem - he didn't just turn around to kick Smith, he actually moved a little closer to make sure he made contact. Straight red in many other games! As for Wilson - whoever hacked him down, second half should also have gone! 

9 hours ago, LancyTony said:

That's rubhbish about Wickhem - he didn't just turn around to kick Smith, he actually moved a little closer to make sure he made contact. Straight red in many other games! As for Wilson - whoever hacked him down, second half should also have gone! 

The whole point is, Wickham never made contact with Smith hence why he was not even booked.

James Wilson man handled the keeper to the ground only got away with a yellow but nobody seems to want to mention that

5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

The whole point is, Wickham never made contact with Smith hence why he was not even booked.

James Wilson man handled the keeper to the ground only got away with a yellow but nobody seems to want to mention that

He certainly did! If you didn't see it fair enough, but you can't say he didn't connect! I reckon he wasn't booked because the officials didn't see it, so can't book someone on hearsay.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

He certainly did! If you didn't see it fair enough, but you can't say he didn't connect! I reckon he wasn't booked because the officials didn't see it, so can't book someone on hearsay.

He did not connect and the replays on Saturday showed that he did not connect or attempt to do anything to Smith

You have picked up Wickham/Smith, care to comment on how lucky Wilson was to stay on the pitch?

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

He did not connect and the replays on Saturday showed that he did not connect or attempt to do anything to Smith

You have picked up Wickham/Smith, care to comment on how lucky Wilson was to stay on the pitch?

I thought JW was walking a tightrope there but he was obviously very pi$$ed off by that stage. Silly thing to do though.

I'm not sure if anybody has broached this in the rest of the discussion but why wasn't their keeper booked for his part in that and then throwing the ball away? After his stupid schoolkid antics with the penalty that would have been 2 yellows and a red. I thought he was a very lucky fellah at the time.

I wasn't at the game as I live in France but I watch every fixture on iFollow. For me Brian, Wickham was a very lucky boy, too. Smithy outjumped him but as ever made sure he made contact, Wickham didn't like it, turned round, moved a step closer and "kicked" Smiffy....he definitely made contact on Smiffy's lower shin/instep for me. It wasn't a swinging leg just more of a stamp/short jab.... he should have walked but I don't think the ref got a clear view. He looked to his linesman but got no reaction.

6 hours ago, Phil said:

I agree, the ref didn't appear to see it but looked like he checked with the other officials who I'd guess also didn't see it either.  From the replay it looks like he did catch him ever so slightly, not sure if it was a sending off offence or not.

As for the Wilson incident that Brian is on about, nowt in it, he grabs the keeper by the arm who was again doing his best to waste time, he held on to the ball when he had no right to, fell to the ground again and then threw the ball away.  Wilson was booked and the keeper should have received his 2nd yellow. Took the ref 88 mins to dish out the 1st card for time wasting when they'd been doing it from the 1st whistle.

For the Peno - The pitch side footage that Vale have uploaded to Twitter shows that the forest green defender who went up with Harrison for the initial header handled it (his arm was way above his head). A couple of our players appeal immediately, the ref waits to see if an advantage is given, their keeper saves and he then awards the Pen. I couldn’t tell from my angle in the ground but it clarified it for me!

10 minutes ago, cactuselves said:

For the Peno - The pitch side footage that Vale have uploaded to Twitter shows that the forest green defender who went up with Harrison for the initial header handled it (his arm was way above his head). A couple of our players appeal immediately, the ref waits to see if an advantage is given, their keeper saves and he then awards the Pen. I couldn’t tell from my angle in the ground but it clarified it for me!

I saw it from the halfway line in the paddock and called it immediately. I'd had practice as it was very similar to the 2nd at Derby.  Couldn't see it clearly on the official highlights.

There are plenty of whys and wherefores ! However far too many players at 5 out of 10 never going to be enough in this division. ALL players have to be on the money and playing at 6 and 7 . We need to be much sharper and a little more consistent and more switched on. 

Archived