onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chesterfield 2 - Vale 0 Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

Point off the play off with six games to go.

2 points off if Accrington win their game in hand (home to Southend) on Tuesday.

Can't see us making the play-offs now, 5 points off Bury who've got a game in hand, and of the other sides in and around us, Torquay, Stevenage and Accrington are all in good form.

Another season of failure under V2001 draws to a close :( We can only hope and pray it'll be the useless clowns' last.

We just don't have enough goals in the side to go up, we all realize that, and until we sign a pacey forward and a midfield with an eye for goal we'll get nowhere.

Our out and out wingers Rob Taylor and Lewis Haldane are far more miss than hit, while the midfield trio of Roberts, Loft and Griffith won't score double figures between all three of them in the league.

If we somehow went up this season we'd be completely embarrassed in League One with our current squad of players anyway.

Remember we beat them 5-nil last season....since then Bratt has cut £130,000 from the first team budget and Adams has given the two fingered salute....Adams wanted to sign Davies and Whitaker and said with them Vale would go up as Champions....Davies and Whitaker have scored 36 goals so

far this season so it looks like Adams was right.....our squad is just too small for a football league campaign and with only two strikers would struggle for goals and just doesn't have the numbers or depth to mount a serious promotion campaign and all the above is down to the V2001 Board.

Malbon scored a hatrick today but was let go inorder to fund a loan striker

and Jake Speight sat on the bench.....the season was always going to slip away given the underfunding and lack of players.

The club has far more important issues and promotion is not as important as removing this V2001 Board and having that 5 million worth of investment from Mo Chaudry.....under V2001 League 1 would have been a humiliation and relegation a certainty.

No disgrace losing to Chesterfield but to be honest a spanking would have not been out of the question considering the chances they missed twice hitting the post and sliding a few chances wide when it was easier to score.

We don't look like keeping clean sheets at the moment and don't look like scoring goals. Today we were predictable and really struggled to open up Chesterfield at all, yes they are a good team but when your attacking play is so slow you aren't going to get a sniff.

On the defensive side we looked poor at the full back positions today. Both goals came from wide play. Yates and K.Taylor always look poor to me when up against proper out and out wide men and today they got done.

Finally the starting line up was good but by about 60 minutes we looked done for and needed subs to liven us up. Haldane came out but wasn't stuck on and we soon conceded. Also why not use 3 subs and why not chuck on Rigg or Dodds when we were desperate for some invention??? Poor today the subs for me.

To get back in the play offs we need to be quicker thinking and get the ball moving faster to open teams up. If that means dropping Griff then so be it because he was at fault today so much for slowing the play or losing the ball. Roberts is not faultless here but Griff really was painfully bad at times with his distribution. We were at our best when Loft and Roberts were centre mid earlier in the season and that could be the way to go again for me.

In the unlikely event that we make the play-offs, is anyone stupid enough to believe that we are going to win them???? It's a good job we made such a good start otherwise we would be in a relegation battle. I have seen most games this season and I actually think we are a below average team, lots have looked much better than us. Lincoln - 20 mins in the 2nd half aside - just one example. I really fear for us next season. I shall not be parting with any of my hard-earned cash to watch anymore of this utter dross.

Even of we win our three home games(which I doubt) we will not get enough points to get into the play offs because I can't see us getting any away points away from home.We can all relax,though,because Mr Bratt has promised to preserve the club for our children and grand children.Question is what division will we be in after another five or six years of this board being in charge.Crawley Town will be in a higher division than us in two years time.

In the unlikely event that we make the play-offs, is anyone stupid enough to believe that we are going to win them???? It's a good job we made such a good start otherwise we would be in a relegation battle. I have seen most games this season and I actually think we are a below average team, lots have looked much better than us. Lincoln - 20 mins in the 2nd half aside - just one example. I really fear for us next season. I shall not be parting with any of my hard-earned cash to watch anymore of this utter dross.

The playoffs will be a complete lottery. I wouldn't mark anyone as favourites because very few teams are good enough to play consistently well.

Archived