onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chesterfield 2 - Vale 0 Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Guest Tony Dyche

Something isn't right about the Black and Gold campaign?

You couldn't script it!

Let's all forget it then, let's just hope that everything will be ok and do nothing about it, because that's what the people of Stoke on Trent do best.

It makes me want to cry, it really does. If that's what people want though, then fine. I hope Mo see's the light and forgets all about this little tin pot club with it's victim mentality fans. He deserves better than little Port Vale.

Advert

Something isn't right about the Black and Gold campaign?

You couldn't script it!

Let's all forget it then, let's just hope that everything will be ok and do nothing about it, because that's what the people of Stoke on Trent do best.

It makes me want to cry, it really does. If that's what people want though, then fine. I hope Mo see's the light and forgets all about this little tin pot club with it's victim mentality fans. He deserves better than little Port Vale.

We all remember this man, they are doing well with investment, who knows what will happen. But this board no chance. I cannot still believe that anyone who wants to invest has to put up with so many issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gianni_Paladini

Spot on Tony , thats why this city is turning into a right hole , everybody fears change and people with imagination , and thats why we lagg behind on a social and sporting front , oh except for those up the road who have god forbid a single owner !!!!

Something just isnt right about this Black and Gold campaign. Yes this board have to go, but i feel things are being pushed far too extremely at the moment. The people at the top of this campaign ought to realise it is the teams affairs on the pitch that take priority.

Could you explain how the "people at the top" of this campaign are pushing things to extremes? They have constantly asked for PEACEFUL protest. They have constantly asked for 100% support of the players during matches. The only time the Black nad Gold group have advocated any demonstration during a match was at the televised Bradford game and you may remember we won that one. Can you explain, for example, how our home defeat to Stevenage was a result of the Black and Gold demonstration AFTER the game? Did we miss all those chances against Bury because of the worry about the Black and Gold demo AFTER the game?

You may wish to ask the Board if the team affairs on the pitch take priority for them - what did they do, for example, with the compensation money which they received from Sheffield for Micky Adams? Was that invested in the team? Does the team on the pitch take priority for them there?

This is a thoroughly, thoroughly depressing thread. I'm with Tosh on this one.

I'm really struggling to want to come to matches. My kids havent wanted to come for some time now, so that has naturally reduced the number of visits i'm able to make anyway (tues nights and alternate saturdays are out). But on the occasions that i have been able to attend this season, its been an excruciating experience, not an enjoyable one. The ground is filled with hatred, there are contorted faces screaming abuse everywhere you look and now Cale fans are turning on one another, simply because they hold differing opinions on the running of the club.

I was a kid myself the last time we spent a prolonged period at this level in the pre Bell era, so forgive me if my recollection is incorrect. But i dont recall there being this kind of atmosphere around the club?

I myself, dont believe we have a divine right to be challanging for promotion or playing in a higher league, and i've always believe the ethos of living within our means and not gambling with the clubs future is the right one. However i also believe that it would be ideal if those running our club had the business skills and acumen required to take the club forward by maxmising our income and using what we have wisely.

V2001 plainly dont have those skills and acumen, but to the best of my knowledge neither did Jim Lloyd and Vale fabs werent punching each other on the terraces in his era were they? The bottom line is V2001 have taken Vale as far as they can, in my opinion we need fresh thinking and fresh ideas. But people are entitled to support V2001, they are entitled to be sceptical of Mo, just as people are free to campaign for change and support Mo's bid. But why oh why do we have the level of anger and hatred that is prevalent at Vale Park at the moment?

For heavens sake people get a grip of yourselves and realise that you are alienating an awful lot of people with your behaviour and turning them away from the club.

Archived